jds3118

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 19, 2011
ocala
Samsung Galaxy S8+
OnePlus 6T
a6f84d42-e746-f423.jpg
a6f84d42-e757-06eb.jpg
Help I got my evo unlocked but when I Vol- and power to get to fastboot so I can flash cmw and install su I get a msg bout older version see pic
a6f84d42-e572-e147.jpg

1.3 volted, bk'd and supercharged revo

Last edited:

716Rob

May 24, 2011

Everything went perfect till I got to the Flash the signed zip. It starts then Aborts and says error in Zip. I even tried to redownload it.
Could I just download a rom and flash at this point or would that be bad?

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

nope the SU signed Fails and tried a rom after same thing failed to install through cwm
Now when it reboots stuck at HTC screen

Jettubby

May 24, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Help please!

Hello. I'm at the step of just trying to unlock the bootloader. I've gotten all the way to Step 12 (via HTC website but I'm using this thread's process) which is typing in CMD "Fastboot flash Unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin" This goes well and the cmd prompt says unlock token was successful and ok.

Then the process says you should have a screen on your phone that asks if you want to unlock. My phone has no such screen. It is still in the bootloader???!!! Am I supposed to be in bootloader or the ROM when I do this? Does this screen just pop up?. I'm in the bootloaderand it says, "Fastboot USB". That's it. I'm stuck at this step. Can't unlock the bootloader. What am I doing wrong? Please help. Thanks!

Last edited:

jcorcione

May 14, 2010
Kansas City
jcsplace.blogspot.com
Can't boot into recovery

I used this method to root my 3d. But for some reason i cannot boot into the recoveery mode by powering off and down button methods. Nor can i use the clockwork mod either. anyone have any suggesions?

Jettubby

May 24, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Hello. I'm at the step of just trying to unlock the bootloader. I've gotten all the way to Step 12 (via HTC website but I'm using this thread's process) which is typing in CMD "Fastboot flash Unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin" This goes well and the cmd prompt says unlock token was successful and ok.

Then the process says you should have a screen on your phone that asks if you want to unlock. My phone has no such screen. It is still in the bootloader???!!! Am I supposed to be in bootloader or the ROM when I do this? Does this screen just pop up?. I'm in the bootloaderand it says, "Fastboot USB". That's it. I'm stuck at this step. Can't unlock the bootloader. What am I doing wrong? Please help. Thanks!

Anyone with any idea please? When I'm in HBoot and type, "Fastboot flash Unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin", no screen with a lock icon pops up asking me if I want to unlock. I'm stuck there. :confused:

jcorcione

May 14, 2010
Kansas City
jcsplace.blogspot.com
Yes I have. It goes to the white screen. I select recovery then it goes to white HTC screen goes dark then reboots back to the normal boot up sequence back to phone

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

I have also noticed that when going to the boot loader screen I.see that it does.not find the pcmi86 img file.

---------- Post added 20th April 2012 at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was 19th April 2012 at 11:29 PM ----------

Zedomax,

It looks to me that i can only use the usb fastboot to get into recovery. I flashed the cwn shooter file just in case. still getting the pg861000 img not found messaging going back to the boot loader screen

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

I have also noticed that when going to the boot loader screen I.see that it does.not find the pcmi86 img file.

---------- Post added 20th April 2012 at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was 19th April 2012 at 11:29 PM ----------

Zedomax,

It looks to me that i can only use the usb fastboot to get into recovery. I flashed the cwn shooter file just in case. still getting the pg861000 img not found messaging going back to the boot loader screen

Okay I have an update. After re flashing the cwm shooter zip. I used the CWM app to reboot into recovery mode successfully.

One question. Is it necessary to have s -off (mine is s-on)? I also have the hboot version 1.5. Also looking for recommendations on a nice ROM, i have the latest version from the last OTA software.

also Zetomax what wireless tethering app were you using in your htc method unlock and root videoe?

mta2

Dec 8, 2008
anyone get this to work?

I flashed a viper rom and the phone keeps rebooting contentiously until I pull the battery out.

powduh09

Feb 17, 2011
Dallas, NC

Zedomax,

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Okay I have an update. After re flashing the cwm shooter zip. I used the CWM app to reboot into recovery mode successfully.

One question. Is it necessary to have s -off (mine is s-on)? I also have the hboot version 1.5. Also looking for recommendations on a nice ROM, i have the latest version from the last OTA software.

also Zetomax what wireless tethering app were you using in your htc method unlock and root videoe?

Check the sticky, there's a guide to downgrade from 1.5, there's no real need to do so, but 1.5 users have to jump through a few hoops to flash roms...

JavaTiggy

Feb 8, 2010
Ocala
Has anyone done this procedure using the latest cwm recovery and SU for our device?

Versions:

SU 3.0.7 efghi

& CWM 5.0.2.0 or CWM Touch 5.8.0.2

Perhaps this could reduce the number of issues people are having if you use the latest versions? Any thoughts would be helpful as I am getting an EVO3d in the mail soon to replace my EVO4g. Thanks in advance!

mugsat

Jan 27, 2009
Prague
I have the same issue. When I flashed recovery, and go to reboot into recovery, my phone will start somelike twice - htc screen, and again going to black and to htc screen, and normal system is booting.

I tryied to reflash etc. I have s-on, i did it by this htc method.

I looked into sw. info and i find some interesting info. My sw.nr. is 1.20.401.8, android v. 2.3.4,

release keys - 1.20.401.8 CL105308.
core version 2.6.35.13-g47321df

I didn't do any flash, rom switching or something like.
WHen i go to sw. actualisation it writes - your system is the last version or something in this way.

Any idea please?

mugsat

Jan 27, 2009
Prague
Solution found....
I used this cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img in originaly, but i need cwm-4.0.1.4-shooteru.img with this img all works fine :)

Flashalot

Jun 7, 2012
Chicago
In case it wasnt said yet (Not reading all pages)

but for step 21 if you have Ice Cream Sandwich the included Zip is out of date and for Gingerbread.
just go to http://androidsu.com/superuser/

and download a newer Superuser. its what i had to do and woeked just fine. then you can go on from there.

Please Check the dates this thread is 2 years old

Sent From My OG Evo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Video walk-thru:
    Also dowload video:
    http://androidrooted.com/file/HTCEvo3D/rooting/NewRoot6512/HowToRootHTCEvo3DNew.mp4

This new rooting method from HTC works on software version 2.08.651.2 and later using HTC's unlock method. You can also do it on all platforms including Windows, Linux, and Mac.

*Note - This root method does give you full root and you can flash new ROMs and kernels. Please see 2nd post on how to flash a new kernel!!!

*Note2 - This one's only tested with Sprint Evo 3D, haven't tested with Evo 3D GSM.

Before we begin, check the software number on your phone by going to Settings->About Phone->Software Information.

Your software number should be 2.08.651.2 or LATER. If not, go do the software update under Settings->System Updates->HTC software update and start over.

For Mac users, please replace "fastboot" with "./fastboot-mac" in the instructions below.

For Linux users, please replace "fastboot" with "./fastboot-linux" in the instructions below.

Step 1. Download rootevo3dnew.zip file and unzip to root folder of your hard disk or desktop.

DOWNLOAD HERE or download the attachment below!

Step 2. Put your Evo 3D in fastboot mode by first going to Settings->Power and make sure "Fast boot" is checked off.

Step 3. Turn off your phone then power up by holding down Power Button and Volume Down button.

Step 4. Hit Power again to enter Fastboot.

Step 5. Connect your Evo 3D to your computer, your phone should say "Fastboot USB".

Step 6. For Windows, install the HTC drivers HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe in the zip file. For Linux and Mac you don't need to install drivers.

Step 7. Open up a command prompt in Windows by typing "cmd" under Start->Search and for Linux and Mac, open up a terminal.

Step 8. Go browse into the directory where you unzipped rootevo3dnew.zip, for Windows:

cd \rootevo3dnew

or

cd Desktop\rootevo3dnew

if you unzipped to your desktop.

For Mac and Linux, likewise:

cd /rootevo3dnew

or where you unzipped the files to.

Step 9. Next type:

fastboot oem get_identifier_token

You should get a bunch of code. If you don't, you have an older OTA, go do the software update under Settings->System Updates->HTC software update and start over.

Step 10. Now, copy everything starting with <<<< Identifier Token Start >>>> and ending with <<<<< Identifier Token End >>>>> .

*Note - In Windows, when you copy, sometimes it adds a white space to the beginning, if you get errors, try copying the token to Notepad then getting rid of spaces before pasting it to HTC's site.

Step 11. Go to HTCDev.com and sign up as a user. Then goto Unlock Bootloader->Get Started->Begin Unlock Bootloader. Agree to the legal terms, proceed all the way to Step 10 and paste the token you just copied.

Step 12. If you get errors, try the Notepad tip above, otherwise you should be getting a file called Unlock_code.bin as an attachment in your e-mail.
    Download this file off your e-mail then copy the file over to the rootevo3dnew directory.

Step 13. Next go back to your command prompt/terminal and type:

fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

Step 14. Go to your phone and hit the Volume Up button and then Power button to unlock bootloader.

Step 15. If you got this far, congratulations, your Evo 3D's bootloader has been unlocked!!!

Step 16. Your phone will reboot.

Step 17. Put your Evo 3D in fastboot mode by first going to Settings->Power and make sure "Fast boot" is checked off. (Again, yes).

Turn off your phone then power up by holding down Power Button and Volume Down button.

Hit Power again to enter Fastboot.

Step 18. Type the following to install ClockworkMod Recovery:

fastboot flash recovery cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img

Step 19. Go back to your phone and choose Bootloader then hit the Power Button.

Then choose Recovery then hit the Power Button.

Step 20. When you get Revolutionary CWM blue menus, go to "mounts and storage" using your Volume buttons and hit the Power button.

Then choose "mount USB storage" and hit the Power button.

Step 21. Go to your computer and copy over su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip to your Evo 3D.

Step 22. Go back to your phone and hit Power button to get out of USB mode. Then choose "+++++Go Back+++++" and hit the Power button.

Then choose "install zip from sdcard" and hit the Power button.

Then choose "choose zip from sdcard" and hit the Power button.

Then choose su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip and hit the Power button.

Choose "Yes" and hit the Power button.

Step 23. Reboot and enjoy root!

I recommend Synergy ROM btw, go install this ROM!

FAQ

After rooting my Evo 3D using HTC Unlock method, I still get S-ON?

It doesn't matter, the HTC Unlock method gives you a fully unlocked bootloader, the S-ON is meaningless once you unlock as you can install recovery and ROMs.

Can I still flash new kernels?
    Yes, you can flash new kernels, you just have to launch clockworkmod recovery from fasboot.

Thanks to user Doomstang and guys at Revolutionary.io for the Recovery!
    this isn't development! it goes in general

Seriously dude, quit with this crap. Who made you a mod?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    files

Mirrors here!

http://www.multiupload.com/9SAQPK0A20

You need to launch ClockworkMod Recovery from fastboot to flash kernels, otherwise you might brick your phone while trying to flash 2.3.3 ROMs, but here's a video tutorial on how to flash kernels/ROMs from fastboot:

this isn't development! it goes in general

What a troll..

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App
    See, I have been telling y'all this forever...and a day