Wet phone = Damage speaker

Search This thread

f_u_006

Jun 1, 2013
Hello guys,
I wonder if this can be fix as i cant afford to buy parts or a new phone at this moment.

Short story, dropped phone into the toilet which was rescued in splits of a second. But now speaker doeant work at all. The smallest speaker works just fine.

Anything I can do to fix it?

Not only phones, but any non waterproof devices which is got wet must be turned off and waited till the water dry itself out or by a little heat.
I screwed my laptop with a litre of water and turned it off, waited till 1-2 weeks and my laptop was fine again.
You better turn off your phone and wait till the water dry out.
+: Accelerate the process by a little heat source.

Hit thanks if this helped you.

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
Little late for that. Phone was dried mins after rwmoving battery. 30 mins later after i knew phone was dried turned it on and everything worked perfect except for the loud speaker. My question is if this is something fixable by replacing bad loud speaker or if board got screwed.

Thanks

I expect if you got a deep system log like a last_kmsg or a detailed logcat then you might be able to see if the speaker is being communicated to or nor. If not then its probably the board. It seems odd that it would be the board though, as I would've thought it strange for just the bit that controls the speaker to go wrong. A new speaker can't be too expensive to be worth a shot though can it?

TecknoFreak

Inactive Recognized Contributor
I expect if you got a deep system log like a last_kmsg or a detailed logcat then you might be able to see if the speaker is being communicated to or nor. If not then its probably the board. It seems odd that it would be the board though, as I would've thought it strange for just the bit that controls the speaker to go wrong. A new speaker can't be too expensive to be worth a shot though can it?

I managed to chat with a motorola representative and he confirmed that the speaker got damaged. So i order a new one so i can fix it.
Thanks guys

KrisM22

Sep 12, 2010
many ways to guide, many ways to heal
http://www.repairsuniverse.com/motorola-atrix-hd-replacement-repair-parts.html

I got a sim holder from parts4repair but it's China so it takes a bit, and I seriously doubt my ability to re-solder it in - they must use lazers. Mine works if I don't remove the sim - springs are all bent. I was lucky to get it in. (my sim is a munched sim from a regular sim. i should have gone to att store and gotten a real micro sim, but that's water long over the dam... )

The speaker shouldn't be too hard to replace - ribbon connector if I recall correctly. just pop the battery cover. I totally forget if you have to remove the inner bezel... Hope that fixes it!!!

Last edited:

TecknoFreak

http://www.repairsuniverse.com/motorola-atrix-hd-replacement-repair-parts.html

I got a sim holder from parts4repair but it's China so it takes a bit, and I seriously doubt my ability to re-solder it in - they must use lazers. Mine works if I don't remove the sim - springs are all bent. I was lucky to get it in. (my sim is a munched sim from a regular sim. i should have gone to att store and gotten a real micro sim, but that's water long over the dam... )

The speaker shouldn't be too hard to replace - ribbon connector if I recall correctly. just pop the battery cover. I totally forget if you have to remove the inner bezel... Hope that fixes it!!!

Well for my bad luck i got the parts and the loud speaker so went ahead and replaced it but still no sound.

Maybe that part of the board got damaged?
What else can i try?

TecknoFreak

I gues im screwed mate.

KrisM22

Sep 12, 2010
many ways to guide, many ways to heal
I gues im screwed mate.

I agree that I'm surprised if the board is burnt unless the speaker shorted and blew the amplifier. I looked at mine and if you're sure the contacts are clean (red circles) then I have no idea. PM follows.

Attachments

• IMG_0568a.jpg
    IMG_0568a.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 14

TecknoFreak

I agree that I'm surprised if the board is burnt unless the speaker shorted and blew the amplifier. I looked at mine and if you're sure the contacts are clean (red circles) then I have no idea. PM follows.

Guess what?
The problem was not the speaker, the problem started when I modded the battery to Maxx HD. Since the new battery is a tiny bit thicker is somehow preventing the cover to fully close and there is no contact between the speaker and the contacts.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Search for eb40 battery for the Razor HD MAXX. We have a thread at the accessories section for our atrix hd forums