Safestrap for Tmobile Galaxy S4?

Search This thread

htcp85

May 4, 2010
New Jersey
Short answer: because we don't need it. The M919 already has an unlocked bootloader which allows us to replace the stock recovery with custom builds such as CWM and TWRP.

Also, nb4lock.

Well as far as I know the jelly bean 4.3 update comes with Knox which has a locked bootloader. And you can't downgrade, check out this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2544503 that's why asking if there is a safestrap for Tmobile Galaxy S4.

cnewsgrp

Mar 22, 2008
Well as far as I know the jelly bean 4.3 update comes with Knox which has a locked bootloader. And you can't downgrade, check out this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2544503 that's why asking if there is a safestrap for Tmobile Galaxy S4.

I am interested in someone answering this question - I am selling off by i337 and have bought m919. Will appreciate if someone explains because I read that m919 has Knox, but when I asked I was told its ok to flash recoveries. It confuses me

nccountrymike

Mar 20, 2014
Basically knox is there to void your warranty. You can root, flash new kernels, and ROMS, but it will flag knox. Doesn't mean you can't do it, it just means that you'll no longer be able to send your phone back to samsung or tmo for warranty service. Flash away!

Reactions: cnewsgrp

Peñaran561

Jul 8, 2013
I tried safestrap while I was on 4.3 just to mess around and it worked fine for me, but as mentioned you don't need it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cnewsgrp

htcp85

May 4, 2010
New Jersey
I tried safestrap while I was on 4.3 just to mess around and it worked fine for me, but as mentioned you don't need it.

So you was on 4.3 with Knox locked bootloader and try safestrap, but you said we don't need it like they said above because the bootloader is unlocked, so that means you have an unlocked bootloader with the 4.3. I don't get it .

Peñaran561

Jul 8, 2013
I found the instructions on the Verizon S4 forum

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

No locked bootloader, I just tried it out to root my phone

htcp85

May 4, 2010
New Jersey
I found the instructions on the Verizon S4 forum

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

No locked bootloader, I just tried it out to root my phone

Well as far as I know you can root it with a locked bootloader but you void Knox Warranty 0x1. Or I'm wrong that's what I read.

HampTheToker

I never upgraded to the full 4.3 firmware, so I'm free to flash any ROM and GSM modem as long as I don't flash the 4.3 or 4.4 LTE modems. Those LTE modems are tied to KNOX and render your phone basically useless if you don't flash the full firmware. But, even if you do flash the full firmware with KNOX, you can still root and flash recovery. The consequence is that the KNOX counter will be tripped and Samsung or T-Mobile will take note of this if the device is ever returned for repair or replacement because tripping KNOX voids your warranty.

KNOX doesn't prevent root or lock your bootloader. Because I never upgraded to KNOX enabled firmware, I can still send my device back at no cost to myself for a warranty claim if I ever need to do so.

Peñaran561

Jul 8, 2013
I installed six axis controller app to play GTA San Andreas with my PS3 controller, install Xposed to do some modding on my phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Basically knox is there to void your warranty. You can root, flash new kernels, and ROMS, but it will flag knox. Doesn't mean you can't do it, it just means that you'll no longer be able to send your phone back to samsung or tmo for warranty service. Flash away!