Using 64GB microSD card with android

Search This thread

dovy

Nov 24, 2011
hey all,

i have a generic 64GB class 10 micro SD card and am trying to use it with HTC Desire HD running CM7 last nightly version. sd card came in exFAT format, which apparently only few phones support. I have reformatted it to FAT32, but learned that max size for it is 32GB. however it still mounted and appeared.

my problem is when using camera to record video, about 30 secs in i get message saying 'please insert sd card before using camera'. this dismounts the sd. thats the guaranteed way of testing. also sometimes when downloading big files from market, it also dismounts. seems any major writing to card does that. otherwise it seems to work properly. is there any way of fixing this?

so far i have tried:
using phone and computer
-reformat to FAT32

using MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition
- making 2 partitions FAT32, 32GB each
- making 1 big FAT32 partition, 1 small ex4
- making 1 big FAT32, 1 smaller ex4, 1 smaller swap partition, then using link2SD to build mount script.

any help would be helpful

thanks

pat99

Dec 4, 2013
Dortmund
hey all,

i have a generic 64GB class 10 micro SD card and am trying to use it with HTC Desire HD running CM7 last nightly version. sd card came in exFAT format, which apparently only few phones support. I have reformatted it to FAT32, but learned that max size for it is 32GB. however it still mounted and appeared.

my problem is when using camera to record video, about 30 secs in i get message saying 'please insert sd card before using camera'. this dismounts the sd. thats the guaranteed way of testing. also sometimes when downloading big files from market, it also dismounts. seems any major writing to card does that. otherwise it seems to work properly. is there any way of fixing this?

so far i have tried:
using phone and computer
-reformat to FAT32

using MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition
- making 2 partitions FAT32, 32GB each
- making 1 big FAT32 partition, 1 small ex4
- making 1 big FAT32, 1 smaller ex4, 1 smaller swap partition, then using link2SD to build mount script.

any help would be helpful

thanks

As far as i remember, Our device supports Max 32GB, above that should work as a card reader but won't give you functionality like you suppose to expect from 16 or 32GB of micro-sd card.

Advice to change MicroSD to some what 16/32 GB and even if that doesn't work then try changing rom itself.