Video Preview of Froyo Running on Droid X.... Available in September?

Search This thread

bignadad

Jan 20, 2009
Bville, SC
Video Preview of Droid X Running Froyo

http://blog.wirelessground.com/froyo-droid-x/

Below is a detailed list of changes in new Froyo (Android 2.2)
Thanks to Sapo2112 from PPCG

Applications
�� The Froyo version of the Android OS is designed to provide improved application performance.
�� Froyo gives you the option to Allow automatic updating for Android Market apps you download.
�� Froyo brings the ability to rotate your phone up to 270° and your apps will display properly.
�� Froyo offers tips, shortcuts, and assistance from the home-screen widget.
�� You will see improved video playback and applications will open faster and tasks will complete quicker.
�� Froyo gives you the option to select where applications are installed. You can select the phone memory or storage card memory depending on your needs.
�� You can choose to automatically update Android Market you download. This way you will always have the latest application installed.
�� Your applications will work when the phone is in portrait mode or turned to the left or right in landscape mode.
�� The home-screen widget makes it easy to get to know your new phone, read tips and get assistance.
Screen Brightness and Power
�� Froyo allows applications to override the OS power settings.
�� Froyo Car Dock applications will offer brightness controls making nighttime use of Car Dock applications more comfortable on your eyes.
�� Froyo allows applications to manage power settings to maximize battery life.
Gmail Application
�� Froyo allows you to quickly move through your Gmail messages using the new forward and back buttons.
Flash Support
�� Froyo allows you to download and install Adobe Flash so you can view your favorite Flash powered websites and access Flash based games.
Exchange ActiveSync Integration Improvements
Corporate Exchange email admins will appreciate the greater control provided by these Froyo powered improvements
�� Wipe after a certain number of password attempts and enforcement of auto lockout time.
Froyo corporate email security improvements give Exchange admins the ability to:
�� Remote wipe or remote lock the Android Smartphone1
�� Apply and enforce password length and complexity rules.
�� Apply rules to automatically wipe the Smartphone after the maximum number of invalid password attempts.
�� Apply inactivity timeout rules to automatically lock the phone.
Camera and Camcorder
�� Froyo enables the LED flash during video capture.
�� The LED flash improves your videos captured in low light situations.
�� Easy-to-use video formatting tools let you quickly format video for sharing via upload to video sharing services or video messaging.
�� The camera functions are easier to use with the on-screen buttons to control zoom, white-balance, focus and geo-tagging.
Bluetooth
Froyo Bluetooth voice dialing enhancements will confirm your voice commands both on-screen and by repeating your commands.

derekm_

Aug 2, 2010
My phone is stuck on the "Checking for available update. Please wait..." screen whereas yesterday it would say "no update found" instantly.

Exciting.....

bignadad

Jan 20, 2009
Bville, SC
PSA: First Android 2.2 Froyo leak for the Droid X is a hoax

All you Motorola Droid X users are probably foaming at the mouth right now in anticipation of the Android 2.2 Froyo update for your sizable smartphone, and today it seemed that your wait had come to an end. A couple tech blogs were reporting that the Android 2.2 ROM for the Droid X had been leaked, and was ready to endow your big-screened Motorola handset with some sweet Froyo lovin’! But, user beware, the ROM in question is not legit and is not going to do anything other than frustrate you to no end. Do not download it.
When the Nexus One first got a Froyo build leaked, about 4 different versions of virtually the same build followed it. With the Froyo update looming just over the horizon for Droid X users, it’s easy to see how someone could get worked up and tricked into thinking that the real-deal Android 2.2 ROM had been leaked for the X. Alas, it seems that this here update is nothing more than Froyo for the original Droid, which is being rolled out by Verizon this week and has also been legitimately leaked (nevermind the use of “legitimate” and “leak” in the same sentence) – in fact, we have a tutorial on how to manually update your Motorola Droid to Android 2.2.
The first clue that tipped us off to the illegitimate nature of this “leak” was that one of the links to the Froyo file pointed to Google. It would make sense to see the Android 2.2 ROM for the Droid on Google’s servers, because the handset provided a true Google experience and avoided the use of custom skins. But, the Motorola Droid X uses the MotoBlur skin atop Android 2.1 OS, which means it’ll probably never get an official update from Google. The second clue is in the update instructions, which makes reference to a keyboard key. The X has no physical keyboard. Done.
Go ahead and check out the link below to see the Droid Froyo ROM masquerading as the Droid X Froyo ROM for yourself. Just don’t try to install it, okay?
Android 2.2 for Droid X – NOT SO FAST!

bignadad

Jan 20, 2009
Bville, SC
A friend of mine works for Motorola and gets a lot of the new products to test software, I saw him last week and he had the Droid X running Froyo with some new Moto software cooked in (similar to Blur). It was running pretty choppy, but that's most likely due to the moto software implementation still in the works. The device of course had the 'Classified property of Motorola' sticker on it.
I think I'm gonna see him again tomorrow, anything you guys want me to look at/check out? I have an HD2 running Android so I'm not really looking for anything on the X.

a4t

Oct 25, 2009
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11
Tgtoys just take a picture of the system software, like baseband, kernel etc...

Do a linpack and quadrant test to know hows the result dX on froyo :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk