Question about rooted Captivate

Search This thread

xhalz

Apr 26, 2010
Sooo,

IDK much about android. Although I would like to learn more. Anyways, a while back I rooted my captivate and flashed Andromeda custom. (forgive if my terms are incorrect)

So my question is: I am going abroad this summer to Korea...they use a UMTS 2100 MHz network

if I followed the captivate guide from xda and used Galaxy S Unlock and when i type: *#7465625#
It says:
Personalizatiob Status

Network Lock
[OFF]
Network Subset Lock
[OFF]
SP Lock
[OFF]
CP Lock
[OFF]

Does this mean my phone is unlocked and will work in Korea? Please help cause I am leaving pretty soon.

Thanks again

xhalz

Apr 26, 2010
Thanks for the help...I am a novice so I just wanted to confirm.

Another question I am currently using Andromeda ROM if I flash back to stock, but phone remains rooted this will not affect the phone being unlocked. Is that correct?

4-2ndtwin

Dec 18, 2010
Once unlocked--always unlocked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

xhalz

Apr 26, 2010
so, i flashed from andromeda to AOKP and now I have a new issue

I tried checking if it was still unlocked using *#7465625# and it says Connection Problem or Invalid MMI Code

what's wrong? is it not unlocked...is there another way to unlock it...

I need the phone unlocked please help or I guess I gotta flash back

rquiett

Jan 25, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
Once you unlock the phone it is unlocked through other flashes. I'm not positive but I believe the dialer code you are trying is Samsung specific that's why it's not working on the aokp based ROM you are on

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

xhalz

Apr 26, 2010
thanks that is what I was told, but I just bricked my phone....but it still unlocked after using odin

Last edited: