[Q] Verizon Galaxy S3 w/ CGM dead

Search This thread

Otyokwa

Aug 2, 2013
Hello
I have been running my Verizon galaxy S3 with cyanogenmod 10.1.3 for a number of months. Everything worked just fine, no issues. A couple of weeks ago, I updated my phone to 10.3 and it worked well. Then a few days ago it would began rebooting by itself about once per day. This morning, I went to grab my phone and it was working; but by the time I got to the car the phone was dead. No lights, won't go into recovery, basically hard bricked but I wasn't installing any type of rom or anything. Is there anyone who can help me figure this out or at least tell me that I am now the proud owner of a paper weight?
Thanks

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Hello
I have been running my Verizon galaxy S3 with cyanogenmod 10.1.3 for a number of months. Everything worked just fine, no issues. A couple of weeks ago, I updated my phone to 10.3 and it worked well. Then a few days ago it would began rebooting by itself about once per day. This morning, I went to grab my phone and it was working; but by the time I got to the car the phone was dead. No lights, won't go into recovery, basically hard bricked but I wasn't installing any type of rom or anything. Is there anyone who can help me figure this out or at least tell me that I am now the proud owner of a paper weight?
Thanks

Does it boot into download mode (hold power, volume down, and home)? Have you let it charge for a couple hours? Possibly it died from bootlooping?

Otyokwa

Aug 2, 2013
I won't go into download mode, it has been plugged in for over 5 hours. There are no lights on or anything. I am unsure what bootlooping so I am unsure.