[Q] Baseband question

Search This thread

Meyhemg

Sep 20, 2013
Hello everyone

I wanted to ask you a question about my device's baseband.
Currently I'm on CyanogenMod rom version 11, which I installed via the installer (since it looked so fast and easy).
I moved to CM about 2 months ago from the BTU version of baseband I9505XXUEMK8.
I do not have any reception problems but I saw since this baseband version there went out many other versions (including the new baseband version for the leaked Kitkat).
I do not want to have future problems and I feel "guilty" on being on an older baseband version so my question is when do I need to change the baseband version? Only if I have reception problems or in other cases, too? And in which cases?

Thanks in advance

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
If everything is working fine then there is no need to change. Usually people would change if their network releases a new modem as it's better to be on the recommended modem used in the original firmware by your specific network or if people are having signal issues. All models work regardless of rom. I've flashed many modems and all have worked fine find the right one and stick to it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Meyhemg

Meyhemg

Sep 20, 2013
If everything is working fine then there is no need to change. Usually people would change if their network releases a new modem as it's better to be on the recommended modem used in the original firmware by your specific network or if people are having signal issues. All models work regardless of rom. I've flashed many modems and all have worked fine find the right one and stick to it.

So as I said, I'm on I9505XXUEMK8 modem almost 3 months (from the moment it was released for BTU, but I'm from Israel not England).
As far as I understood, I can stay on that rom as long as I don't have any problems right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Correct. You'll be fine with your current set up.
    Correct. You'll be fine with your current set up.

Thanks