[Q] Nexus 7 (2012) - TWRP No OS Installed - Are you sure you want to reboot? Bricked?

Search This thread

rice5phere

Oct 3, 2012
Hi, I booted into TWRP recovery mode to attempt updating my rooted Nexus 7 from 4.2.2 to 4.3. I wiped system, dalvik cache and cache. I also (stupidly) wiped data and internal storage too. Now I cannot turn on my Nexus 7 fully, it only shows the Google insignia with the unlocked boot loader icon below it.

I can boot into recovery mode and I can USB host, I tried copying a zip of the stock 4.2.2 ROM for Nexus 7 wifi onto my flash drive and tried flashing under the "install" section on TWRP but it always fails (I do not know why).

I cannot connect my Nexus 7 to the computer. Can anyone help me out, please? :cool::eek:

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Use adb side load in advanced settings
adb sideload nameofrom.zip
adb sideload gapps.zip
Reboot
Profit

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dimbo33

Dec 5, 2011
Athens, Greece
Either flash a custom ROM from recovery or use the Wugfresh toolkit to flash a stock ROM.

Sent from my IdeaTab A3000-F using xda app-developers app

rebel1699

Feb 13, 2008
Oklahoma
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 4 XL
Not sure why folks keep telling you to flash a custom rom when you ha e clearly stated that it fails. So, heres my two cents......

Since you already wiped the internal memory and there is no chance of data loss, just download the stock image and fastboot back to a fresh system. And for gods sake, dont use wugs. Just use good ole fastboot. There is a very easy how-to in the stickies of this section. This forum is full of problems arising from toolkits, that could have been easily avoided by fastboot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

brenmartin

Jan 28, 2013
Toolkit to Rescue

Either flash a custom ROM from recovery or use the Wugfresh toolkit to flash a stock ROM.

Sent from my IdeaTab A3000-F using xda app-developers app

I SECOND that use the toolkit from wugfresh for this.

ADB sideload and Fastboot is a real pain with TWRP don't know why the file does not get pushed at all.

Save yourself time and just use the toolkit if it's a Nexus device if Samsung find a similar toolkit tool

The site for toolkit is wugfresh . com ( no urls so the space )

Hope this helps someone

Good luck

Martin

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
I SECOND that use the toolkit from wugfresh for this.

ADB sideload and Fastboot is a real pain with TWRP don't know why the file does not get pushed at all.

Save yourself time and just use the toolkit if it's a Nexus device if Samsung find a similar toolkit tool

The site for toolkit is wugfresh . com ( no urls so the space )

Hope this helps someone

Good luck

Martin

Why are you necro'ing old threads to spam wug's website?

Sent from my Nexus 5