[Q] stock recovery.img for Lava iris 406q (ro.product.board=MSM8610)

Search This thread

santanuc

May 12, 2014
Hi,

I am Santanu from India. Recently I bought Lava iris 406q running on Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.2 GHz Quad-core process. From /cache/recovery/last_log I found the product board to be MM8610. I wanted to extend the recovery boot with CWM so I first found the recovery key sequence to be Volume down + power button. It was taking me to the stock recovery boot. But I could not find any CWM recovery for this model so I thought to use the one for Lava iris 405 (I found it on XDA forum). I flashed this recovery image using adb/fastboot. However, after reboot when I pressed the same key sequence as above the boot process is hanging at the boot logo and I am not able to get into the recovery mode. Althoght if I reboot normally at this stage Android is booting up and my phone is usable. Only thing is I can't enter into the recovery mode as before. Can any one here please explain me why this is happening and help me to correct me?

Also I could not extract the stock recovery from the device before flashing (my ignorance). It would be very helpful if someone can point me to an URL wherefrom I can download the stock recovery image. I would also like to know if there is any CWM image and CM ROM (or some rooted ROM) for this model that I can flash.

Your support is much appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Santanu

akshay9

Jun 28, 2013
Hi,

I am Santanu from India. Recently I bought Lava iris 406q running on Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.2 GHz Quad-core process. From /cache/recovery/last_log I found the product board to be MM8610.
I would also like to know if there is any CWM image and CM ROM (or some rooted ROM) for this model that I can flash.

Thanks and regards
Santanu

I own the same phone and can help u provide the stock recovery .. but any idea how to take it ??

santanuc

May 12, 2014
I own the same phone and can help u provide the stock recovery .. but any idea how to take it ??

Hi,

Have you checked the key sequence to see if you can boot into recovery mode? I have found one article on net that explains how to extract different img files from Qualcomm based devices though I am not sure how much correct is the article. My perception is you need to make small local corrections as you go.

Here is the detail of the article.

To get the stock ROM/Firmware from Qualcomm based devices
Ref: (XDA is not allowing me to post an URL plz search with the name above or mail me at santanu[dot]chakrabarti[at]gmail)
Check the section HOW TO GET THE INFO OF YOUR DEVICE {QUALCOMM}.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards
Santanu

coder32

May 22, 2014
Hi,

I am Santanu from India. Recently I bought Lava iris 406q running on Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.2 GHz Quad-core process. From /cache/recovery/last_log I found the product board to be MM8610. I wanted to extend the recovery boot with CWM so I first found the recovery key sequence to be Volume down + power button. It was taking me to the stock recovery boot. But I could not find any CWM recovery for this model so I thought to use the one for Lava iris 405 (I found it on XDA forum). I flashed this recovery image using adb/fastboot. However, after reboot when I pressed the same key sequence as above the boot process is hanging at the boot logo and I am not able to get into the recovery mode. Althoght if I reboot normally at this stage Android is booting up and my phone is usable. Only thing is I can't enter into the recovery mode as before. Can any one here please explain me why this is happening and help me to correct me?

Also I could not extract the stock recovery from the device before flashing (my ignorance). It would be very helpful if someone can point me to an URL wherefrom I can download the stock recovery image. I would also like to know if there is any CWM image and CM ROM (or some rooted ROM) for this model that I can flash.

Thanks and regards
Santanu

Hi Santanu,

I too own the same fone.It seems you have flashed an unsupported recovery.

I tried to extract the stock recovery using flashify but in vain.I had heard that it can be extracted using adb.

Can you please provide me adb drivers so that I can give a try?

Sent from my iris 406Q using XDA Free mobile app

santanuc

May 12, 2014
Hi coder32,

U download android sdk, adb comes with that sdk. In android site u will get detail instructions about using it. I also found u sent me a private message. I don't reply to private messages. Post in this forum if u have anything to ask for.

Regards
Santanu

coder32

May 22, 2014
No I don't have it.My net is too slow.

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

I might find a minimal version (adb + its dependencies) ?

mayankrocksss

May 11, 2014
Lucknow
dude.. giv me ur id.. i will try to send u adb + imp files related to it... they will b less than 5 mb... i flashed a revry on my 406q by that ... but unfortunatly i got stuck same as d initiator of this thread did... finally replaced d cell on flipkart n got new 406 q.. :) n nw i want to help in its development..

coder32

May 22, 2014
Ty dude

yuvarma23@gmail.com

I also need a help from you. I had rooted my device few days ago and uninstalled default music player,file manager and SMS app with a third party one. I am thinking to send my phone to service center and need this file.Factory reset isn't able recover them either.Can you upload default file manager,stock SMS app and stock music player of this fine? You will find it inside /system/app/ .also do I require their .odex files? If yes then please upload them too :)

Thankz
Yuvraj

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Ya stock browser also

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

And whatsapp

May 12, 2013
Ty dude

yuvarma23@gmail.com

I also need a help from you. I had rooted my device few days ago and uninstalled default music player,file manager and SMS app with a third party one. I am thinking to send my phone to service center and need this file.Factory reset isn't able recover them either.Can you upload default file manager,stock SMS app and stock music player of this fine? You will find it inside /system/app/ .also do I require their .odex files? If yes then please upload them too :)

Thankz
Yuvraj

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Ya stock browser also

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

And whatsapp

hey,
Can u send the stock whatsapp.apk i removed it and im not able to appl patch that i received. Itl be helpful for others also.
Thank you.

Sep 19, 2013
Rooting lava iris 406q

U guys say u have rooted this phone. Can you please guide on how to do that ? i am hesitant to use Vroot , any other malware free root method description is the need of the hour :)

May 12, 2013
U guys say u have rooted this phone. Can you please guide on how to do that ? i am hesitant to use Vroot , any other malware free root method description is the need of the hour :)
Hey Shreesh,
You can use vroot. Its the best. It does not contain any sort of malware.The anti virus apps detect it as malware because it edits certain files i android. For that matter any root app you use, the anti virus app will detect it as malware. So go ahead and root it using vroot. I have tried it my self and works without a problem.
Cheers.:good:

Sep 19, 2013
Hey Shreesh,
You can use vroot. Its the best. It does not contain any sort of malware.The anti virus apps detect it as malware because it edits certain files i android. For that matter any root app you use, the anti virus app will detect it as malware. So go ahead and root it using vroot. I have tried it my self and works without a problem.
Cheers.:good:

Hi Siddhartha,

I tried rooting it thru vroot yesterday but was unsucessful. I had recently received an 25mb update. Any other method?
I want to root the phone for the below mentioned reasons :-
  • 1 I want to play high end games (by installing them on the external memory card i have)
  • 2 move most of the non system apps to the external memory card , right now the " move to SD Card" option moves apps to the internal sd card.
    Further setting the "Prefererred Install Location" in the "storage" section of settings to "external storage(SD card)" does not help much.
Any way to do these without rooting?

May 12, 2013
Hi Siddhartha,

I tried rooting it thru vroot yesterday but was unsucessful. I had recently received an 25mb update. Any other method?
I want to root the phone for the below mentioned reasons :-
  • 1 I want to play high end games (by installing them on the external memory card i have)
  • 2 move most of the non system apps to the external memory card , right now the " move to SD Card" option moves apps to the internal sd card.
    Further setting the "Prefererred Install Location" in the "storage" section of settings to "external storage(SD card)" does not help much.
Any way to do these without rooting?

Hey,
You can use root genius. You have to install rot genius on your pc n connect your phone to the pc with usb debugging mode enabled on your phone(you can find it in developer options in settings) and click root now in root genius.And you cannot do the things you said without rooting...

Last edited:

Abhi2014

Aug 9, 2014
Need stock/custom rom for Lava Iris 406Q

Can anybody please provide the stock rom/custom rom for lava iris 406q, my device is not working properly after root, (though rooting is done successfully using SuperSU apk).

Its been a while now and nobody has created a stock rom for this device, even no rom is available in internet as well.

Pleeeeeeeeease i am badly in need of stock rom (in .zip format), i will be really helpful.

Once any1 person will provide stock rom, we can infact create more roms out of it.

Top Liked Posts