Pressy clone for $0.39 shipped.

Search This thread

thesoupthief

Dec 13, 2012
Dublin
@wyrman gulp! You don't know your own strength! @herosemblem Headset Button Controller allows you to define different profiles for different devices (eg buttons versus headsets)
I'm all about the MiKey app - it's a bit limited in that you can't have it enact all the actions you might want, eg Shortcuts, opening files etc. But you can have it activate a dummy app such as Absolutely Nothing https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pacozzz.NothingApp - you can set Tasker to do something really clever when Absolutely Nothing is started

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: herosemblem

eshopper

Aug 25, 2013
Noticed a funny thing today..

when i'm using the headphones the klick settings are applied to headphone button as well..

when i tried to change songs or pause using the headphone button those clicks are opening the KLICK shortcuts :( :rolleyes:

any remedy for above problem ?

wyrman

Nov 28, 2011
Noticed a funny thing today..

when i'm using the headphones the klick settings are applied to headphone button as well..

when i tried to change songs or pause using the headphone button those clicks are opening the KLICK shortcuts :( :rolleyes:

any remedy for above problem ?

App related I would think. I tried a couple and they all have problems. Headset, Klick, and Mikey all have issues. Either that or I'm doing something wrong

Charlus97

Jun 17, 2012
Bordeaux
charley.sedeau.com
Well, that's "normal". The button is exactly the same thing as your headset button. The klick/others app cannot make a real differences between the buttons.

That's why thePressy app ask when you connect a pressy/headset what the app should do (Pressy mode = Triggers events, sound comes from speaker ; Headset (events) mode = Triggers events, sound come from headset ; Headset only : Doesn't triger events and sound come from headset).

vksjangra

Mar 27, 2013
Received mine today, will test and report soon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

herosemblem

Nov 23, 2013
I'm still waiting to find a relatively permission-free, yet functional app. I tried that one which basically had zero permissions, but then it made my phone think I was using headphones... And I kind of stopped doing further research from there.

kellyrx8

May 18, 2009
Overland Park,KS
I finally got mine Monday, works fine for me with KlicK app...sometimes it takes a min, on a reboot, for the app spin up and become active.

Works great for my fantasy football apps,
1 EPSN
2 Yahoo
3 NFL.com

had some trouble with some cases but it seems good now with my amCase im using at the moment.

eshopper

Aug 25, 2013
I finally got mine Monday, works fine for me with KlicK app...sometimes it takes a min, on a reboot, for the app spin up and become active.

Works great for my fantasy football apps,
1 EPSN
2 Yahoo
3 NFL.com

had some trouble with some cases but it seems good now with my amCase im using at the moment.

Try using your headphones to control music.. :D:banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Click Here via slickdeal thread.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7009468-pee...versal-dustproof-plug-for-android-0-39-fs?v=1

Intelligent Mobile Smart Shortcut Universal Dustproof Plug for Android Phone $0.39 with Free Shipping

Coupon Code: GBSMR
    Main Features:
    Love at First Klick!
    - Seeing is believing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3vPWGoXi8Y
    - LOWEST PRICE IN THE WORLD: (After Coupon + Limited to 1 per customer)
    - Revolutionary: The most powerful way to communicate with your phone
    - Get started: Plug it into the headphone jack
    - Power at your fingertips: The ultimate shortcut device
    - Slim and smart: Just 15.5mm x 5mm
    - Customize gestures and shortcuts to for your perfect digital life
    - Achieve full control: Set yourself free with over 50 kinds of shortcut
    - Superfast access to camera, apps, maps and more
    - Staying safe made easy: Emergency SOS function

For 39 cents you cant beat it!
    PSA for anyone considering buying this or any such device - the "convenience" is not worth the trouble. Here are the few things you need to know -

1. These buttons work only with their companion apps. i.e you'll need to keep their app running.
    2. From time to time, the app will forget what is plugged in and will wake up the device, asking you what's plugged in. i.e. look forward to a lot of wakelocks.
    3. Sometime, it won't even prompt, asking for what is plugged. It'll think you've plugged in a headphone and act accordingly. So, you'll hear nothing from your speaker since the device is routing all sounds to the "headphone".
    4. The above bug will also prevent you from speaking to your phone; i.e. you can't give commands to Google Now.

I speak from personal experience. I have the Klick button, which I had bought from tinydeals for ~ $1.90.
    It doesn't work perfectly, especially when calling some one, you simply can't hear anything because the phone considered you are using a earphone

Btw use this Klick app, this is so far the best app for this thing
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/oz7fs9fwwyese5s/klick_20140412.apk

credit to original uploader
    Are you guys sure it's 0.39$ and not 2.02$ ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You need to apply the code GBSMR at checkout

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Mine came this morning, doesn't seem to work at all running Cyanogenmod