Way to bypass at&t throttling?

Search This thread

KindaWack

Jan 11, 2011
Charlotte,NC
I got throttled 5 days before the end of the month. And I'm just wondering if there are any ways to bypass throttling. Speeds are the same that I would get as if I were on edge. Making pretty much everything impossible specifically having issues with Pandora.

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA

S1XXV

As far as I know there isn't. I think throttling is is based on how much data at&t sees you using. I have seen a setting in a database file on the phone that mentions a throttling reset date but i havent tested anything to see if its related or not. So my guess is no there is no way around it because at&t is constantly monitoring your data use.

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA

dalamchops

Sep 9, 2010
used to be a way that u can change the APN to HSPA+, and u can bypass throttling, but i have no idea if that still works w/ the new provisions in place about throttling @ 3gb now.

KindaWack

Jan 11, 2011
Charlotte,NC
After seeing responses I attempted the APN method but haven't had any success. It might be because I am on CM9 and not stock do you think I should try stock/gb and see if I have more success?

dalamchops

Sep 9, 2010
After seeing responses I attempted the APN method but haven't had any success. It might be because I am on CM9 and not stock do you think I should try stock/gb and see if I have more success?

won't make a difference.. i guess they've patched that loophole w/ the new rules regarding unlimited plans.

V DidDy 210

Jul 10, 2007
NY
on the one X there is a data monitor.

if you install a different RUU (asia custom for example) obviously all the att custom is gone.

would it still be able to monitor your data so precisely? I've always used about 1.5 - 2.5 gb a month on 3g/4g

but in one day in the city where they have lte I used 5gb and I had to airplane mode and then un airplane mode to download things.

I ended up getting a phone call from att when I got to 10gb by the end of the second day.

P05TMAN

Aug 15, 2011
Boulder, CO
I've tried using the APN methods as well to no avail. I'm also hearing rumors that once you upgrade and/or attempt to renew your contract, AT&T is forcing users onto one of their tiered plans.:mad:

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
I've tried using the APN methods as well to no avail. I'm also hearing rumors that once you upgrade and/or attempt to renew your contract, AT&T is forcing users onto one of their tiered plans.:mad:

This is why I won't use an upgrade and renew anymore. I was able to keep my plan when upgrading in January, but I've heard that since then AT&T is telling people no way. I'll pay in full for my next phone.

tolli84

Jun 3, 2012
Paradise
I wouldn't worry about it to much. I tether Xbox etc and called att about signal Los and asked if I was being throttled. I was informed that since I now have an lte nitro instead of 3g that they do not start throttling lte users until they hit the 5 gig mark. In a nut shell u should get on Lte ASAP just to have the higher cap space.