[Q] Link2sd can't create mount script with Ext partition - Help!

Search This thread

bSptya

Oct 29, 2011
Hello!

My problem basically is that i can't use Link2sd - i'm currently running the latest CronosX mod - because it can't create the mount scripts. I keep getting the following error:

mount: mounting /dev/block/vold/179:2 on /data/sdext2 failed: device or resource busy

i have a trascend class 10 8gb SD, i have a 6,5 gb Fat partition and the rest is EXT2 (now). I formatted it with minitool partition magic.

I have googled the problem for days now, seems i found nothing useful.. :(

so far i tried:
ext3, ext4 -- then still couldn't create mount scripts, but i also had the following error msg in OR:
"can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (invalid argument)"

although in SD utilities when checking the ext partition it recognised as EXT4 or EXT3..
with ext2 it seems working as of i don't see that msg..

still no link2sd. I read in the mod's forum that the app is supported, so it can't be the problem.. or is it?

harpdarp

Feb 1, 2011
Cincinnati
Same issue, resoved by using FAT32

I had the exact same issue you're having. I tried using EXT2,EXT3, and EXT4 but couldn't get it to work. I finally got it working by using a FAT32 partition.

Reactions: abohawaacom

OMGN00B

Sep 26, 2010
I know this may sound a bit dumb (like myself in android technicals) but

1. Do you have the specific kernel modules loaded to recognize these filesystems?
2. Are the devices attached to the PC with memory card access? [should not be].
3. Maybe you should try partitioning with a linux distro or some specific tool (might want to check out some instructions.

I am operating Link2SD with a fat16/32 partition (I don't know which :p)

bSptya

Oct 29, 2011
i had no solutions whatsoever.. currently i'm using the mod's built in app2ext
i made an ext2 partition which i transformed into ext3 with openrecovery.. now i have an app folder which is automatically used to store my apps.
no link2sd for me anymore :\

although i have some other issues for i'm about to open a new thread :)

cwkhong

Jan 3, 2008
linksd mount solved

with the phone plugged in to pc/mass storage i formatted the ext2 partition again. in link2sd mount in ext4.

Reactions: riftleft

sarnagon

Nov 21, 2012
how you can solve this problem, is to make the second partition a active partitons with MiniTool Partition.

When de second disk is a active partition it wil boot before the boot of the system.

NaraRockingMyAce

Oct 31, 2012
reply post ext 4

Hello!

My problem basically is that i can't use Link2sd - i'm currently running the latest CronosX mod - because it can't create the mount scripts. I keep getting the following error:

mount: mounting /dev/block/vold/179:2 on /data/sdext2 failed: device or resource busy

i have a trascend class 10 8gb SD, i have a 6,5 gb Fat partition and the rest is EXT2 (now). I formatted it with minitool partition magic.

so far i tried:
ext3, ext4 -- then still couldn't create mount scripts, but i also had the following error msg in OR:

although in SD utilities when checking the ext partition it recognised as EXT4 or EXT3..

still no link2sd. I read in the mod's forum that the app is supported, so it can't be the problem.. or is it?

you must re-partition your sd card, BUT, just do it for your sd-ext only:

with Partition magic
1. delete your sd-ext partition (JUST YOUR SD-EXT PARTITION)
2. create partition
3. set as Primary
4. and CHOOSE ext4!!,
5. ok and then,
6. Apply

I hope this will help you..:good::eek:

thenotec

Aug 30, 2013
Hello!

so far i tried:

I had the seem problem and I solved creating 3 partitions. The first is not utilized but it must be create because as the Link2Sd as the AndroidOS search the data partition in the second (or last for AndroidOS) partition. I have created the first more small as Linux Swap, the second in ext2 fot Link2SD and the third in Fat32 for SD-Ext Data.
So the App works fine.

Sorry for my English.

yabubonnah

Sep 23, 2012
Zhangjiakou
Much Appreciated

I had the seem problem and I solved creating 3 partitions. The first is not utilized but it must be create because as the Link2Sd as the AndroidOS search the data partition in the second (or last for AndroidOS) partition. I have created the first more small as Linux Swap, the second in ext2 fot Link2SD and the third in Fat32 for SD-Ext Data.
So the App works fine.

Sorry for my English.

No apologies necessary, i believe you were clear enough, well what do you know i must say inverting the order does seem to work
1. swap 2. Ext and 3. Fat/ Fat32

Schkisz

Oct 7, 2012
BS-3
No apologies necessary, i believe you were clear enough, well what do you know i must say inverting the order does seem to work
1. swap 2. Ext and 3. Fat/ Fat32

if i do that then i cant connect my usb storage to my PC, cuz if you create partitions with minitool, only the first partition is read as usb storage, so if you make the first part e.g. a swap file, then PC wont see your usb storage when plugged in via usb... and in minitool i see all partitions without drive letters, just .* sign after i format and create partitions.... and nothing helped me with mount script error either...

Last edited:

munnibhai

Nov 14, 2012
Gujranwala
Connect Phone to PC in Mass Storage Mode
Open MiniPartition Tool
Format the 2nd Parition as EXT4
Disconnect the Phone
Open Link2SD and you will see acript created and mounted already (for apps in SD card)

shaifulsykes

Jan 2, 2015
easy solution work for me ;D

after create partition ext 3 , just go to root file manager and change system file from read only RO to read write RW and recreate mount script on link2sd . hope it works :D happy new year!

Last edited:

akilmaf

Oct 26, 2011
Istanbul

with Partition magic
2. create partition
3. set as Primary
4. and CHOOSE ext4!!,
5. ok and then,
6. Apply

I had the same problem and had been looking for a solution until I found your help. Just want to thank you for this. It helped a lot! Fixed my problem :good:

duncan66

Jun 2, 2010
Hi, I have a same problem.
But before I repartition the ext2 how can I save the content? My previlus installed apps will not work, I think in this case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    reply post ext 4

Hello!

so far i tried:

with Partition magic
    2. create partition
    3. set as Primary
    4. and CHOOSE ext4!!,
    5. ok and then,
    6. Apply

Hello!

so far i tried:

So the App works fine.

Sorry for my English.
    Connect Phone to PC in Mass Storage Mode
    Open MiniPartition Tool
    Format the 2nd Parition as EXT4
    Disconnect the Phone
    Open Link2SD and you will see acript created and mounted already (for apps in SD card)
    Same issue, resoved by using FAT32

I had the exact same issue you're having. I tried using EXT2,EXT3, and EXT4 but couldn't get it to work. I finally got it working by using a FAT32 partition.
    linksd mount solved

with the phone plugged in to pc/mass storage i formatted the ext2 partition again. in link2sd mount in ext4.