OGP exFat support ?

Search This thread

pallcsa

Sep 23, 2013
Does the OGP support exFat ? I hate the 4Gb limit of FAT32. How can I overcome this limit ?

DonS

Mar 28, 2005
Does the OGP support exFat ? I hate the 4Gb limit of FAT32. How can I overcome this limit ?

FAT32 supports partitions up to 32 GB. If you notice, out of the box the G Pro comes with a hidden partition and an 23 GB partition as Internal Storage. I have a 32 GB MicroSD card formatted as a single 32 GB FAT32 partition.

You only need ExFAT if you plan on using a 64 GB MicroSD card. Since LG advertises that the G Pro can support up to a 64 GB MicroSD card, then its likely that the stock ROM and kernel do support ExFAT. If for some reason it doesn't, then replacing the ROM with one of the Android 4.4 KitKat ROMs will surely do the trick.

Last edited:

pallcsa

Sep 23, 2013
FAT32 supports partitions up to 32 GB. If you notice, out of the box the G Pro comes with a hidden partition and an 23 GB partition as Internal Storage. I have a 32 GB MicroSD card formatted as a single 32 GB FAT32 partition.

You only need ExFAT if you plan on using a 64 GB MicroSD card. Since LG advertises that the G Pro can support up to a 64 GB MicroSD card, then its likely that the stock ROM and kernel do support ExFAT. If for some reason it doesn't, then replacing the ROM with one of the Android 4.4 KitKat ROMs will surely do the trick.

Well, I bit the bullet and formatted my 32Gb sdhc card to exFAT and the OGP can read it flawlessly. I am very pleased with the results because I got rid of the 4Gb file size limit. The only small issue is that cwm recovery can`t read or write exFAT so I have to make backups to my internal memory and then move them to the SD.

AzureV

Apr 21, 2011
Well, I bit the bullet and formatted my 32Gb sdhc card to exFAT and the OGP can read it flawlessly. I am very pleased with the results because I got rid of the 4Gb file size limit. The only small issue is that cwm recovery can`t read or write exFAT so I have to make backups to my internal memory and then move them to the SD.

How do you format it into exFat?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pallcsa

Sep 23, 2013
Well, it`s very easy. I put it in the card reader of the laptop and formatted it in the file manager of windows 7.