[ODIN][04/23/11] ODIN Froyo ED01 packaged ROMs ***UPDATED 06/12/11***

Search This thread

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
Everyone may already know DroidXcon over at Android Central was the one who originally gave us Fascinate owners these ODIN packages. Unfortunately his phone became hard bricked when it fell off his desk while helping someone in the AC forums. I offered to help, and DroidXcon spent several hours walking me through the necessary steps to create the ODIN packages. So all credit for these ODIN packages goes to him, I am simply following his exact instructions and continuing his work.

Besides DroidXcon, I want to also give credit where credit is due. I am not claiming any part in creating the ROMs contained in these ODIN packages, this is just an easy all-in-one way to flash ROM, kernel, and modem. Adrynalyne, one of the great devs working on the Fascinate among other phones, took time out of his busy schedule to Debloat, Debing, and Deodex the ED01 official Froyo OTA release to give us that ROM. Adrynalyne again and the rest of TeamSbrissenMod - sbrissen, nisuj17, nemesis2all, gizmodroid, sunder74, gunnermike53, & js123, and anyone else who had any part in putting together or testing this collaborative effort known as Community ROM or Ultimate KangBang. Devs jt1134 and GizmoDroid collaborated and provided us with the current, functioning CWM linked to in this thread. imnuts for his kernel which seems to have been the key to get the Comm ROM packages to flash and load. So thank you so much to all of you for everything you have done and continue to do for the Fascinate and the Fascinate community......

XDA and I disclaim all liability for any harm that may befall your device, including, but not limited to: bricked phones, voided manufacturer warranties, exploding batteries, etc. We all flash things onto our phones at our own risk.

DroidXcon's original ODIN content here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...tom-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-25-a.html
ED01 DB/DO original content here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1044406
CWM-recovery-all-3-30-fix original content here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...od-superclean-roms-erasing-cwm-confusion.html
CWM 3.x original content here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1046905
Community ROM original content here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1050453
Community ROM 2.0 original content here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1108991
PeanutButta Jelly Time kernel original content here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1012571

The Debloated/Deodexed packages contain the ED01 Debloated/Deodexed/Debinged rooted ROM from Adrynalyne, the EC01 modem/radio, cwm froyo, and Adrynalyne's EC10 kernel. The Community ROM packages contain Comm ROM v1.3, the EC01 modem/radio or no modem/radio, cwm froyo, and imnuts' -50mv nonvoodoo kernel. There is no stand alone ED01 modem yet, so we have to make do with the EC01 modem for now. Just like DroidXcon's other packages, these are nonvoodoo only. I will make adjustments to the packages as things are released.

IF YOU ARE RUNNING A VOODOO SETUP, YOU WILL NEED TO DISABLE VOODOO LAG FIX PRIOR TO FLASHING ONE OF THESE ODIN PACKAGES JUST TO BE SAFE. After a clean install and full reboot you can boot to cwm, flash the voodoo kernel of your choice, enable lag fix and reboot.

I NOW INCLUDE IMNUTS' -50mv NONVOODOO KERNEL IN THE COMM ROM PACKAGES BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO WORK TO ALLOW THE ROM TO FLASH IN ODIN AND COMPLETELY LOAD. AFTER THE ROM COMPLETELY LOADS, YOU CAN STICK WITH THAT KERNEL TO SEE HOW IT WORKS FOR YOU OR YOU CAN SAFELY BOOT TO CWM AND FLASH THE VOODOO OR NONVOOODOO KERNEL OF YOUR CHOICE.

***Update 05/17***
- Switched from times_infinity's ComaVolt nonvoodoo kernel to imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel
- Data wipe Community ROM packages added.
- Community ROM packages contain Comm ROM v 1.3

***Update 06/12***
- Added Community ROM 2.0 packages

To install ODIN packages on your device
1.Download and install drivers on your computer HERE

2. Next you will need the ED01 Froyo tar file which will be placed in the PDA section of ODIN:
DEBLOATED/DEODEXED:
Use this version if you are coming from an Eclair build (EA28, DL09, DH12, DI01.)
This version will wipe your data, so make sure you back it up:
ED01DB_DO_SHARK.tar
Use this version if you are already on a Froyo Build (DL30, EB01, EC01, or stock ED01.)
This version will not wipe your data:
ED01DB_DOx_SHARK.tar

COMMUNITY ROM:
CR 1.3
These versions will not wipe your data
This version contains the EC01 modem/radio and imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel:
CR_EC01_NutsX_Shark.tar
This version contains imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel and no modem/radio for those who have the ED01 modem radio or just want to keep the modem/radio they are currently using:
CR_NoModem_NutsX_Shark.tar

These versions will wipe your data, so make sure to back it up
This version contains the EC01 modem/radio and imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel
CR_EC01_Nuts_Shark.tar
This version contains imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel and no modem/radio
CR_NoModem_Nuts_Shark.tar

***Installation instructions for Comm ROM 2.0 recommend a data wipe. If you choose to use a no wipe version and end up with force closes or other problems that is not my fault nor the fault of anyone from the team that developed the ROM. You can correct those problems by then flashing a wipe version. You have been warned, flash at your own risk***

CR 2.0
These versions will wipe your data, so make sure you back it up
This version contains the EC01 modem/radio and imnut's 05/31 PBJ -50mv nonvoodoo kernel
CR20_EC01_NUTS_SHARK.tar
This version contains no modem/radio and imnuts' 05/31 PBJ -50mv nonvoodoo kernel
CR20_NOMODEM_NUTS_SHARK.tar

This version contains the EC01 radio/modem and imnuts' 05/31 PBJ -50mv nonvoodoo kernel
CR20_EC01_NUTSx_SHARK.tar
This version contains no modem/radio and imnuts' 05/31 PBJ -50mv nonvoodoo kernel
CR20_NOMODEM_NUTSx_SHARK.tar

After downloading these files you will need to extract the .tar.md5 file from the .rar file. For visual aid instructions on "how to extract the file" and "how to use ODIN", see post #'s 3 and 4 of DroidXcon's original ODIN thread .

3.) You will need to download the ODIN application tool found here ODIN or ODIN MIRROR
4.) You will also need the latest recovery, CWM 3.x HERE
5.) If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
6.) If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
7.) Remove battery from phone.
8.) Launch ODIN on PC.
9.) Plug USB cable into phone.
10.) Plug your Fascinate into the PC via the USB cable that came with your phone.
11.) Press and hold the volume down key until (approx 3 secs) you see a gigantic yellow triangle on your phone, and your phone will be in download mode. The first thin rectangle in the upper left of the ODIN applicate should also turn yellow and identify a com port. You can now release the volume key.

12.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN

Triple check that you pushed the PDA button. Do NOT click the Phone button prior to continuing to step 13. If you choose Phone, you will have bought your Fascinate a one-way ticket to hell. :mad::mad:

13.) Find and double click on the ED01.tar.md5 file you downloaded in step 2 above & click the Start button. (This should take approx 3 to 6mins)
14.) Phone will power down when finished.
15.) Close ODIN, remove USB cable from phone, reinsert battery, power on phone and let ROM fully load.
16.) Power down phone, remove battery.
17.) Open ODIN.
18.) Reconnect phone to USB cable as described above in step 11.
19.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN. (Don't forget the warning about making sure you clicked the PDA button)
20.) Find and double click the CWM 3.x file you downloaded in step 4 above & once again click the Start button. (This should only take 7 seconds)
21.) Phone will power down again.
22.) Close ODIN
23.) Reinsert battery.
24.) Power phone and wait to boot. (Should take approx. 4 mins)

Last edited:

lane32x

Oct 10, 2010
Thanks for continuing this work. This is a real service to the community.

Also, as for this:
Triple check that you pushed the PDA button. Do NOT click the Phone button prior to continuing to step 13. If you choose Phone, you will have bought your Fascinate a one-way ticket to hell. :mad::mad:

Good warning to NOT use the phone button. Fyi, there have been several users who recovered from this. In the event that a user stupidly presses the phone button, this can be recovered. I believe it just involved the same method that Adynalyne gave us for recovering after he caused many soft-bricks. (odin the stock files back on, along with PIT file and modem).

Reactions: bigcez74

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois

Also, as for this:

Good warning to NOT use the phone button. Fyi, there have been several users who recovered from this. In the event that a user stupidly presses the phone button, this can be recovered. I believe it just involved the same method that Adynalyne gave us for recovering after he caused many soft-bricks. (odin the stock files back on, along with PIT file and modem).

Welcome. Yes, I remember gunnermike actually flashing something in the phone section on purpose just to see what would happen, and he recovered from it. And I believe that is the correct recovery from it also. The stock EB01 with the atlas 2.2 in the pit section with repartitioning checked has saved countless people. And I use it to clean things up for a fresh start after I've gone on a flashing binge.

Reactions: bigcez74

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
legit .. thanks a lot man . got me back to being current in just a couple minutes . thanks for taking the time .

You're welcome. After the Easter holiday I'm going to look at adding other ED01 ROMs. I should get better at this as I do it more. Plus I'm learning from DroidXcon the master, so between the two of us hopefully we can continue on this.

mrjake1970

Dec 31, 2010
Cleveland
thanks shark...

2 questions...

1. coming from froyo using the no data wipe tar.. should we disable voodoo? i know odining will normally put rfs back on however without data wipe wondering if it ok?

2. similar to the "reset wipe" that is recommened with the ec10 and some of the other ed01 installs - would it be a good idea to put the atlas 2.2 pit file in pit section and repartition with the odin flash?

thanks and rock on...

Samsung Fascinate
SuperClean 2.9.2 , jt's 4/15 voodoo kernel, EC10 radio

Member of Android Anonymous, as a recovering Android bricking addict. I have been brick free for over 30 days.

Reactions: landshark68

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
thanks shark...

2 questions...

1. coming from froyo using the no data wipe tar.. should we disable voodoo? i know odining will normally put rfs back on however without data wipe wondering if it ok?

2. similar to the "reset wipe" that is recommened with the ec10 and some of the other ed01 installs - would it be a good idea to put the atlas 2.2 pit file in pit section and repartition with the odin flash?

thanks and rock on...

Samsung Fascinate
SuperClean 2.9.2 , jt's 4/15 voodoo kernel, EC10 radio

Member of Android Anonymous, as a recovering Android bricking addict. I have been brick free for over 30 days.

My bad, I thought I mentioned some of that in the OP, will update.

1. Yes these packages are nonvoodoo, so if you are running voodoo, you will need to disable lag fix prior to flashing to be safe. Then after clean install and full reboot, you can boot to cwr, flash your voodoo kernel of choice, and enable lag fix.

2. No, these packages are not designed to work with the atlas pit file. They will wipe the cache partition for you. The wipe version wipes cache and data, so if you want a fresh start even coming from a Froyo build you can do that. I tested the wipe version coming from stock EB01 and SC 2.9.2 nonvoodoo and had no issues. I had a few testers use the no wipe package from various set ups and they had no issues. So no need to use the atlas 2.2 pit file, use these ODIN packages as is.

Reactions: mrjake1970

ibsk8

Mar 1, 2011
Clinton IA
I just rooted my wife's fascinate, after flashing Odin and the update zip, it booted to red clockwork did a reboot and now I can't get back to clockwork.

Is this the issue of booting the phone back on the stock kernel? It reverts to stock recovery?

If this is the case, once in clockwork initially should I create a backup and then flash a kernel?

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

Legato525

Feb 9, 2011
I just rooted my wife's fascinate, after flashing Odin and the update zip, it booted to red clockwork did a reboot and now I can't get back to clockwork.

Is this the issue of booting the phone back on the stock kernel? It reverts to stock recovery?

If this is the case, once in clockwork initially should I create a backup and then flash a kernel?

I believe you are dead on. Just odin clockwork back in and flash a new kernel. As long as it's a tw kernel.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Reactions: pwnjabi1

ibsk8

Mar 1, 2011
Clinton IA
I'm looking around on xda and fascinateforums looking for kernels with little luck. I don't want voodoo for the time being as I'm not too familiar with the fascinate yet.
I've got a Droid x and a thunderbolt rooted just catching up on the fascinate.
Thanks.

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
I'm looking around on xda and fascinateforums looking for kernels with little luck. I don't want voodoo for the time being as I'm not too familiar with the fascinate yet.
I've got a Droid x and a thunderbolt rooted just catching up on the fascinate.
Thanks.

I believe if you look here at XDA in the development fourm, jt1134, times_infinity and imnuts all have custom nonvoodoo kernel options which will work with this ED01 debloated/deodexed ROM. If you choose an imnuts kernel, being new to the Fascinate you may want to start out with the standard voltage (sv) kernel until you can do some reading on setting the voltage. Any of the devs here are putting out some amazing kernels, but these are the only nonvoodoo custom kernel options of which I am aware.

infra_red_dude

Aug 21, 2009
@landshark68

Thanks for the awesome release! Could you also make a package without the radio? This way, if people are on ED01 radio, they can flash and have the best of both worlds, since ED01 radio is the only thing that's not available now.

itwl

Jun 24, 2010
Kernal overlap problem...

I currently have two verizon fascinate phones. one is for my wife and one is for my self. My wife's fascinate had absolutely no problem after odin froyo ed01 ROM but my fascinate had previously installed [ROM][4.27.2011][ED01]Community Rom V1.2 rom by flashing the .zip files. And when it's booting up, the verizon startup animation and "android" letter animation gets overlayed. Is this because of a kernal overlap? if it is, could anyone suggest a solution for this? thanks.

punkwhan

Dec 14, 2008
Can I tether free using a third party sw other than Verizon hotspot with this rom?
Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
@landshark68

Thanks for the awesome release! Could you also make a package without the radio? This way, if people are on ED01 radio, they can flash and have the best of both worlds, since ED01 radio is the only thing that's not available now.

I just finished up Community ROM ODIN packages and I did do that for those. I will be releasing them soon after testing is done. There will be packages with the EC01 modem and packages with no modem.

Reactions: gepaut85

chargerfn909

Dec 1, 2010
Bad news..Tried to run this and while in odin/d/l mode my phone went just went to an orange screen...and that was it. When I try to power up it only shows a phone with some dots going to a computer..

ANNNY clue wtf happened? Or how to fix it?

EDIT: Just had to heimdall this bad boy, back to complete stock. NO clue what happened there.

Last edited:
Reactions: landshark68

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everyone may already know DroidXcon over at Android Central was the one who originally gave us Fascinate owners these ODIN packages. Unfortunately his phone became hard bricked when it fell off his desk while helping someone in the AC forums. I offered to help, and DroidXcon spent several hours walking me through the necessary steps to create the ODIN packages. So all credit for these ODIN packages goes to him, I am simply following his exact instructions and continuing his work.

Besides DroidXcon, I want to also give credit where credit is due. I am not claiming any part in creating the ROMs contained in these ODIN packages, this is just an easy all-in-one way to flash ROM, kernel, and modem. Adrynalyne, one of the great devs working on the Fascinate among other phones, took time out of his busy schedule to Debloat, Debing, and Deodex the ED01 official Froyo OTA release to give us that ROM. Adrynalyne again and the rest of TeamSbrissenMod - sbrissen, nisuj17, nemesis2all, gizmodroid, sunder74, gunnermike53, & js123, and anyone else who had any part in putting together or testing this collaborative effort known as Community ROM or Ultimate KangBang. Devs jt1134 and GizmoDroid collaborated and provided us with the current, functioning CWM linked to in this thread. imnuts for his kernel which seems to have been the key to get the Comm ROM packages to flash and load. So thank you so much to all of you for everything you have done and continue to do for the Fascinate and the Fascinate community......

XDA and I disclaim all liability for any harm that may befall your device, including, but not limited to: bricked phones, voided manufacturer warranties, exploding batteries, etc. We all flash things onto our phones at our own risk.

DroidXcon's original ODIN content here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...tom-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-25-a.html
    ED01 DB/DO original content here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1044406
    CWM-recovery-all-3-30-fix original content here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...od-superclean-roms-erasing-cwm-confusion.html
    CWM 3.x original content here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1046905
    Community ROM original content here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1050453
    Community ROM 2.0 original content here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1108991
    PeanutButta Jelly Time kernel original content here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1012571

The Debloated/Deodexed packages contain the ED01 Debloated/Deodexed/Debinged rooted ROM from Adrynalyne, the EC01 modem/radio, cwm froyo, and Adrynalyne's EC10 kernel. The Community ROM packages contain Comm ROM v1.3, the EC01 modem/radio or no modem/radio, cwm froyo, and imnuts' -50mv nonvoodoo kernel. There is no stand alone ED01 modem yet, so we have to make do with the EC01 modem for now. Just like DroidXcon's other packages, these are nonvoodoo only. I will make adjustments to the packages as things are released.

IF YOU ARE RUNNING A VOODOO SETUP, YOU WILL NEED TO DISABLE VOODOO LAG FIX PRIOR TO FLASHING ONE OF THESE ODIN PACKAGES JUST TO BE SAFE. After a clean install and full reboot you can boot to cwm, flash the voodoo kernel of your choice, enable lag fix and reboot.

I NOW INCLUDE IMNUTS' -50mv NONVOODOO KERNEL IN THE COMM ROM PACKAGES BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO WORK TO ALLOW THE ROM TO FLASH IN ODIN AND COMPLETELY LOAD. AFTER THE ROM COMPLETELY LOADS, YOU CAN STICK WITH THAT KERNEL TO SEE HOW IT WORKS FOR YOU OR YOU CAN SAFELY BOOT TO CWM AND FLASH THE VOODOO OR NONVOOODOO KERNEL OF YOUR CHOICE.

***Update 05/17***
    - Switched from times_infinity's ComaVolt nonvoodoo kernel to imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel
    - Data wipe Community ROM packages added.
    - Community ROM packages contain Comm ROM v 1.3

***Update 06/12***
    - Added Community ROM 2.0 packages

To install ODIN packages on your device
    1.Download and install drivers on your computer HERE

2. Next you will need the ED01 Froyo tar file which will be placed in the PDA section of ODIN:
    DEBLOATED/DEODEXED:
    Use this version if you are coming from an Eclair build (EA28, DL09, DH12, DI01.)
    This version will wipe your data, so make sure you back it up:
    ED01DB_DO_SHARK.tar
    Use this version if you are already on a Froyo Build (DL30, EB01, EC01, or stock ED01.)
    This version will not wipe your data:
    ED01DB_DOx_SHARK.tar

COMMUNITY ROM:
    CR 1.3
    This version contains the EC01 modem/radio and imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel:
    CR_EC01_NutsX_Shark.tar
    This version contains imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel and no modem/radio for those who have the ED01 modem radio or just want to keep the modem/radio they are currently using:
    CR_NoModem_NutsX_Shark.tar

These versions will wipe your data, so make sure to back it up
    This version contains the EC01 modem/radio and imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel
    CR_EC01_Nuts_Shark.tar
    This version contains imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel and no modem/radio
    CR_NoModem_Nuts_Shark.tar

***Installation instructions for Comm ROM 2.0 recommend a data wipe. If you choose to use a no wipe version and end up with force closes or other problems that is not my fault nor the fault of anyone from the team that developed the ROM. You can correct those problems by then flashing a wipe version. You have been warned, flash at your own risk***

CR 2.0
    These versions will wipe your data, so make sure you back it up
    This version contains the EC01 modem/radio and imnut's 05/31 PBJ -50mv nonvoodoo kernel
    CR20_EC01_NUTS_SHARK.tar
    CR20_NOMODEM_NUTS_SHARK.tar

This version contains the EC01 radio/modem and imnuts' 05/31 PBJ -50mv nonvoodoo kernel
    CR20_EC01_NUTSx_SHARK.tar
    CR20_NOMODEM_NUTSx_SHARK.tar

After downloading these files you will need to extract the .tar.md5 file from the .rar file. For visual aid instructions on "how to extract the file" and "how to use ODIN", see post #'s 3 and 4 of DroidXcon's original ODIN thread .

3.) You will need to download the ODIN application tool found here ODIN or ODIN MIRROR
    4.) You will also need the latest recovery, CWM 3.x HERE
    5.) If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
    6.) If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
    7.) Remove battery from phone.
    8.) Launch ODIN on PC.
    9.) Plug USB cable into phone.
    10.) Plug your Fascinate into the PC via the USB cable that came with your phone.
    11.) Press and hold the volume down key until (approx 3 secs) you see a gigantic yellow triangle on your phone, and your phone will be in download mode. The first thin rectangle in the upper left of the ODIN applicate should also turn yellow and identify a com port. You can now release the volume key.

12.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN

13.) Find and double click on the ED01.tar.md5 file you downloaded in step 2 above & click the Start button. (This should take approx 3 to 6mins)
    14.) Phone will power down when finished.
    15.) Close ODIN, remove USB cable from phone, reinsert battery, power on phone and let ROM fully load.
    16.) Power down phone, remove battery.
    17.) Open ODIN.
    18.) Reconnect phone to USB cable as described above in step 11.
    19.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN. (Don't forget the warning about making sure you clicked the PDA button)
    20.) Find and double click the CWM 3.x file you downloaded in step 4 above & once again click the Start button. (This should only take 7 seconds)
    21.) Phone will power down again.
    22.) Close ODIN
    23.) Reinsert battery.
    24.) Power phone and wait to boot. (Should take approx. 4 mins)
    I just finished up Community ROM ODIN packages and I did do that for those. I will be releasing them soon after testing is done. There will be packages with the EC01 modem and packages with no modem.

community rom 1.3 is gonna be out very soon, might wanna hold off a bit :)

Also, as for this:

Also, as for this:

Welcome. Yes, I remember gunnermike actually flashing something in the phone section on purpose just to see what would happen, and he recovered from it. And I believe that is the correct recovery from it also. The stock EB01 with the atlas 2.2 in the pit section with repartitioning checked has saved countless people. And I use it to clean things up for a fresh start after I've gone on a flashing binge.
    Good news! I finally got it working!

Since I couldn't get the odin package to work, I decided to try and flash the ROM/kernal from the source thread since I already had the radio. Before flashing the ROM, I flashed a CWM recovery from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1046905 (CWM3_Voodoo.zip, the first flashable zip). After flashing everything, the phone went into a boot loop and I had to do a battery pull.

I decided to try the ComRom odin one last time since I flashed the new cwm recovery and VOILA! It's running perfect now. I've been rebooting periodically as I set up the phone to my liking and haven't had a single FC.

Looks like the CWM 3.0 did the trick!

Thanks again for all your help!

Thanks for the info. Updating OP now.