Android 4.0.X for Streak7 [WIP] [CM9][TEMP CLOSED]

Search This thread

iridaki

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
To whom it may concern:
Please do not engage in anything that could be even remotely construed as harassment/flaming other members.

XDA-Developers is not a place to make personal attacks and this kind of behaviour will not be tolerated.

Please refer to the forum rules for further clarification of what is not permitted on XDA.

Thanks for your cooperation. :)

SlickClick

Jan 3, 2012
To whom it may concern,
Be it you feel included or excluded by my comment(s), I recognize "contributors" such as Manii, Givven, DJ etc. but do mind "2 cent-ers"... I want to help make results notjust comment about others efforts or paradie around like they were my own or as if ive made significant contributions; just as many here my feel my reply/comment was worthy of deletion as how I feel about his reply...

On a more on topic note ive spent all night configuring my PC with eclipse 3.7 & the 3.2hc &ics adts to begin ventues into Droid programming...

Its my understanding that ICS is an attept to somewhat unify 2.2fyro thru 3.2hc into one world... Its also my understanding that if ICS is setup correctly an HC driver -such as modem or camera- can be foreward compatable with ICS...

Im grateful for my own rant because now we are finding that there may or may not be a safe reversion back to HC from ICS -apparently previously unknown by many others here too- which for me is great news..!

Im going to tinker with eclipse & pretend to know what im doing with DS7ICS ROM in an emulator...

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
To whom it may concern,
Be it you feel included or excluded by my comment(s), I recognize "contributors" such as Manii, Givven, DJ etc. but do mind "2 cent-ers"... I want to help make results notjust comment about others efforts or paradie around like they were my own or as if ive made significant contributions; just as many here my feel my reply/comment was worthy of deletion as how I feel about his reply...

On a more on topic note ive spent all night configuring my PC with eclipse 3.7 & the 3.2hc &ics adts to begin ventues into Droid programming...

Its my understanding that ICS is an attept to somewhat unify 2.2fyro thru 3.2hc into one world... Its also my understanding that if ICS is setup correctly an HC driver -such as modem or camera- can be foreward compatable with ICS...

Im grateful for my own rant because now we are finding that there may or may not be a safe reversion back to HC from ICS -apparently previously unknown by many others here too- which for me is great news..!

Im going to tinker with eclipse & pretend to know what im doing with DS7ICS ROM in an emulator...

Modem is an easier fix but camera everyone is having difficulty with because Google changed the way the camera is accessed through Android.

There is a long a difficult route to get back to HC from ICS, you need to first flash back to stock 2.2, than upgrade from there. Also posted above was a link to a stock HC image.

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
That link you provided is approximately what I would have released, but why is it in the general section of xda?

That would allow you to restore back to stock, the previous nvflash payloads i'm aware of otherwise wouldnt.

What's the exact rom included with that payload?
I'm going to prepare something regardless as it's fairly easy to repack nvflash.

NVflash shouldnt touch your external sdcard though, it may not even have access to it at all from what I've seen.

EDIT: THERE IS A SERIOUS ERROR IN THAT SCRIPT: it flashes P23.img, and that contains your device's unique ID data, such as your service tag and IMEI (if valid)
You must remove the line related to P23 if you do decide to use that script.

S7 users should NEVER flash a P23.img that isnt from their device for this very reason.
ICS B4 is the first custom ROM that I've flashed so I'm not sure what happens with other ROMs. If P23.img contains one's service tag, etc. info, what happened to that info with ICS B4 and/or other ROMs as it doesn't show in "About tablet"? The HC info was replaced with ICS B4 info. Is that info still there and would it be shown again if I "somehow" returned to stock HC?

SlickClick

Jan 3, 2012
I dont intend to flash to ics yet til I figure out playing on it in a simulation first.... Im comfortable with HC as an OS but my interest lays in the programming... Honestly Dell has rarely present a product that I didnt like or for that matter was expandable... The only reason I got tje Dell was because its powerful nvidia chipset & the 3/4g modem & the fact it is so highly expandable... Unfortunatly its my texting device so I cant loose that one feature but im willing to help figure it out...

Am I on the right track with eclipse & the APT sets..?
Do I just load up a fyro, hc, or ics ROM in the emulator & tinker from there..?

Im dying to wipe off kongergate from the hc ROM lol

Edit: Should I get nVidia Tegra Android Developer Pack 1.0r7 or the Tegra Android Toolkit 1.0r5..? Not sure where to start for us DS7 newbie programmers...

This is an obvious download for anyone interested in development: Tegra Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) OS Image for Tegra2 Developer Kit (Ventana)

Last edited:

Wetzel402

Am I on the right track with eclipse & the APT sets..? Do I just load up a fyro, hc, or ics ROM in the emulator & tinker from there..?

Im dying to wipe off kongergate from the hc ROM lol

Edit: Should I get nVidia Tegra Android Developer Pack 1.0r7 or the Tegra Android Toolkit 1.0r5..? Not sure where to start for us DS7 newbie programmers...

This is an obvious download for anyone interested in development: Tegra Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) OS Image for Tegra2 Developer Kit (Ventana)

I'm no developer but I believe drivers, ROMs, and such are developed via a Linux install. I have done some tinkering with this sort of thing.

As for removing apps that can be easily done using Titanium Backup. The free version on the market can do this. I removed all Dell Stage apps from mine without causing any problems.

SlickClick

Jan 3, 2012
I was just looking at the titanium & other backup apps in the market/play store; I want to back up all my SMS/mms/texts first... I was about 2clicks away from loading up the nVidia ics ROM when I realized I wanted some of my texts...

Problem is NONE of the backup apps are downloadable to the streak7 on hc3.2...

Any work arounds or ways to directly grab the info from the phone..? I dont believe ive ever rooted this device but do have the hcus4g ROM installed, am I rooted..?

On a more on topic note: the above mentioned downloads from nVidia include a great slew of apps including a UNIX/LINUX line command editor -which im not familiar w/ at all- and eclipse 3.7.1 & the ADT 18 plugin set; I basically come with every downloadable app you need in 3 downloadpackages... I recommend to sub-folder each exe install of the "nvpack" install folder; if your already running eclipse it wont cross yourinstalls...

Last edited:

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
Everything on Nvidia's developer website is mainly for creating apps that are optimized for Tegra devices, not for ROM's.

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
posting the same update I put on TR.com

So basically here is what B4.5 is going to be, as long as I get it to boot.
Currently a lot of our lib's are from the HC build we have. Some of the libs have dates with 2008-2010 on them. I grabbed replacement libs out of the Ventana ICS build found here Tegra Resources | NVIDIA Developer Zone (dates Jan 2011-2012 on libs) and replaced them with the ones we have in our B4 build, after matching older ones to the new ones using some of my diff tools. Now I need to go back and reset permissions on everything and reflash it.

What is interesting is that with our boot.img, I am able to flash the Ventana Dev system.img build to our device, it boots, and works! However, touchscreen calibration is off...WAY OFF! But this is great news. IF this works, according to plan, we might see improved performance.

SlickClick

Jan 3, 2012
posting the same update I put on TR.com

So basically here is what B4.5 is going to be, as long as I get it to boot.
Currently a lot of our lib's are from the HC build we have. Some of the libs have dates with 2008-2010 on them. I grabbed replacement libs out of the Ventana ICS build found here Tegra Resources | NVIDIA Developer Zone (dates Jan 2011-2012 on libs) and replaced them with the ones we have in our B4 build, after matching older ones to the new ones using some of my diff tools. Now I need to go back and reset permissions on everything and reflash it.

What is interesting is that with our boot.img, I am able to flash the Ventana Dev system.img build to our device, it boots, and works! However, touchscreen calibration is off...WAY OFF! But this is great news. IF this works, according to plan, we might see improved performance.

Thats what I was going to tinker w/ last night; at the end of the nVidia ICS OS ROM install it asks if I want to load the ROM to my device -fastboot mode ready try @ your own risk- which I was going to do but yeilded until I can backup some of my texts....

My approach to this was going to work with what I got which is the hc32us4gupdated & this icsnVidia rom... Can roms only be modified on a LINUX line command level or is the ics enviroment manageable from a GUI interface..? Im familiar with some c++, html, & some flash... Ive spent over 20hrs over the last 3 days trying to hop into this w/o much guidance or even direction aside from what a google search can return...

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
ROM's can be modified easily.

Grab the system.img and mount it, assign permissions to allow modifaction, change things, reset permissions to the previous settings, unmount system.img

You are more than welcome to try things. Just remember that HC boot.img is different that ICS.

SlickClick

Jan 3, 2012
I intended to try & work backwards, only in an attept to learn more... Im going to try & start w/ the nvidia ics ROM & figure in only the needed elements as far as hardware drivers are concerned from hc... I know someone mentioned google changed the way driver is interpeted now in ics from hc... some my intent is to figure thebackwards compatibility of the hc driver kernels apks etc in the ics atmosphere/ROM... Remember im new to all this; where do I find ROM editors..?

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
I intended to try & work backwards, only in an attept to learn more... Im going to try & start w/ the nvidia ics ROM & figure in only the needed elements as far as hardware drivers are concerned from hc... I know someone mentioned google changed the way driver is interpeted now in ics from hc... some my intent is to figure thebackwards compatibility of the hc driver kernels apks etc in the ics atmosphere/ROM... Remember im new to all this; where do I find ROM editors..?

You could try Rom Kitchen but its only good for .zip flashable ROMS.

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
ooops?

my apologies if my "server" questions led to the mods closing the "server" thread.

giveen.... can you post here the status of the server? is that needed before a potential beta4.5 build?

I would like to formerly request that camera and usb-host be on the list of to do's for a new build. as i understand.... kernel development was the last reported focus for an updated build. ics and usb host seem to offer a very wide variety of possibilities for my plans of ds7 as head unit through a dell dock mounted in the center of my dash.

i'm a eager tester of anything new... hope i haven't put a scarlet letter on my left cheek due to that "server" thread getting closed:confused:

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
my apologies if my "server" questions led to the mods closing the "server" thread.

giveen.... can you post here the status of the server? is that needed before a potential beta4.5 build?

I would like to formerly request that camera and usb-host be on the list of to do's for a new build. as i understand.... kernel development was the last reported focus for an updated build. ics and usb host seem to offer a very wide variety of possibilities for my plans of ds7 as head unit through a dell dock mounted in the center of my dash.

i'm a eager tester of anything new... hope i haven't put a scarlet letter on my left cheek due to that "server" thread getting closed:confused:
I'm still waiting to hear from Steve about how much donations he got to cover the server expenses. No its not needed for B4.5

B4.5 will be my replacing libs from the ventana ics dev build with our to see any potential gains. If there isn't any, than there will not be a B4.5

Camera is on the list to be worked on. USB Host is not possible due to device and kernel limitations. Blame Dell for that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for any damage or problems caused to your device or yourself by flashing this BETA build.
    This is known not to be fully retail quality software and therefore is expected to have bugs and problems

The Team
    snargledorf - Kernel/Research/Developer
    Giveen - Kernel/Research/Noob/PR/Developer
    DJ_Steve - ROM/Kernel/Developer

Info:
    Android 4.0.4
    Kernel: 2.6.36.3

GPL stuff:
    https://github.com/Team-Streak

Working
    Code:
    Wifi
    GApps
    Audio
    Touchscreen
    Superuser
    Rotation Sensors
    Capacitive buttons
    GPU Accleration
    GPS
    ADB

Not Working
    Code:
    3G/4G Radios
    Camera

If you have a rooted HC on stock partition you can use this .zip for CWR that TheManii put together
    http://d-h.st/xn6

DJ_Steve = for all your hardwork in this project, without you, it wouldn't have been done.
    Rayman
    Cyanogenmod

TO DO
    Camera
    Radios

13z1xz5.jpg

So I've made a little bit of progress.

Working:
    Wifi (new)
    Internal and external sd cards (new)
    Touchscreen

Broken:
    Bluetooth
    3G? (Not sure since I have a wifi only streak, but I am almost positive it is)
    Locking/sleeping (Still causes the device to reboot)
    Screen rotation

Things to-do (In order of priority):
    1. Fix reboots
    2. Fix bluetooth
    3. Fix screen rotation
    4. Anything else I find

Still not ready to send out test builds because of the reboots. Once I get those squared away I will probably start working with Giveen and Manii on a release ready alpha build.
    snargledorf is the man....
    AyBMSZwCQAA62a-.jpg
    So I'm going to ask the same question as the others have, is the camera issue still being worked on or has that been given up on until Dell releases some development parts? I can handle lag and I'm on wifi only so the 3g/4g radios is no problem but the camera part is a deal killer for me. I use the camera, at least the front one, to talk to my family. Has anyone tried to enlist the help of droidhive? Those guys had ICS on the razor and the bionic working fully before moto released anything. Not trying to get in the way our tell you how to do anything, just looking to find you some help.

Sent from a Hacked, Modded and customized Streak 7

I actually have made some huge progress on the camera HAL. For the longest time we got "cannot connect to camera" and in the logcat I would see "cannot locate camera HAL" but I am no longer seeing this as I work toward camera working.

I actually get camera app up and running but just see a black screen.
    only reason it says betelgeues as device is thats the market id its using as im using a heavily modded device tree based off that one otherwise its custom