[ROM][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v22.0.1 ~AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1~ | PIE | Hybrid | (3/30/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

runwitme

Jul 29, 2009
Re: [ROM][4.2.1] PAC-Man ROM v19.9.0 ~AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1~ | PIE | Hybrid | (2/9/13

Are you still going to be building one from source?

Sent from my SGS3 using xda app-developers app

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Re: [ROM][4.2.1] PAC-Man ROM v19.9.0 ~AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1~ | PIE | Hybrid | (2/9/13

Are you still going to be building one from source?

Sent from my SGS3 using xda app-developers app

That was the original plan. I'd say yes, but I'll add all of the other stuff I want into it too

To somewhat elaborate, I make CM nightly builds for myself. Started to because it became a pain to add all the edits I make on every nightly, so I downloaded the source and just added it right there.

Here is a list of what I add to the CM builds I make for myself and would add to PAC

- framework res image and drawable edits. I remove the older GB Colors and xml's (they only show up in certain apps, the oranges and whatnot) and replace them with JB holo blue images and drawables (xmls)

- add the proper Sprint mms_config.xml for MMS and SMS Auto Split

- Turn the status bar image drawing to 100% instead of stock 65

- Inverted Apps (probably will just make them as a separate add on like here)

- Different lock screens.. I just made that blackberry lock screen and the "bubbles" one. Haven't tried it with PAC source yet because I haven't downloaded it (no WiFi, even with my gf's wifi it takes 4 hours approx.)

- Add different govs for the kernel. I like smartass v2 and just added lulzactive tonight, so I add them to the kernel source

- Remove all other languages besides English (I do this for myself, if anyone uses other languages just say so). Does make a difference in terms of size.

- Dalvik and bionic additions.. Thanks to DJ from euroskank for pointing out some of them on gerrit, I've added them to my CM builds and it does definitely speed up boot time.

Now these are the additions I make for myself with CM source.. I did add the Linaro 4.7 tc but I didn't properly configure it as of yet. Right now it only affects the kernel, but that's something I'm working on when I want to. I've heard so much mixed reviews over the 4.7 and the default 4.6 chain CM uses. So more research on my end needs to be done. Kinda low on the totem pole tho because 4.6 works well for me

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ikenvape

Oct 5, 2010
East PA
That was the original plan. I'd say yes, but I'll add all of the other stuff I want into it too

and That right there, is why you're awesome. Do you think we'll have to factory reset or just wipe the system. Sorry for the ignorance, something tells me there's allot more involved with not factory resetting especially when the source comes into play, but a little conversation/bump never hurt anybody :D

Reactions: fergie716

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY

and That right there, is why you're awesome. Do you think we'll have to factory reset or just wipe the system. Sorry for the ignorance, something tells me there's allot more involved with not factory resetting especially when the source comes into play, but a little conversation/bump never hurt anybody :D

I'll let you know this weekend when I test it out. But I always do a factory reset plus wipe /system

There is a backup option in Hybrid Properties to backup your PA settings, then of course you can use Titanium Backup or something similar to backup your apps.

But I know others have no issues with just flashing over their setup. So if they have issues I'd assume others would too. We'll just have to wait and see until the weekend!

ikenvape

Oct 5, 2010
East PA
I'll let you know this weekend when I test it out. But I always do a factory reset plus wipe /system

There is a backup option in Hybrid Properties to backup your PA settings, then of course you can use Titanium Backup or something similar to backup your apps.

But I know others have no issues with just flashing over their setup. So if they have issues I'd assume others would too. We'll just have to wait and see until the weekend!

Sorry Fergie I'm out of Thanks and will get you back. It may be no biggie but i find it necessary. It's bothersome when you see helpful posts that go un-thanked. I have a feeling that this rom is going to be be among the very best while being underrated. Maybe you should make a fancy image on your OP :laugh: Port or no, I believe the performance and longevity is based on the dev.

dubs.law

Apr 9, 2011
Toledo, Ohio

Awesome ROM! I love all the features and so far its been smooth as butter over the past day since i flashed it .....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

jazz995756

Jul 9, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

I love this ROM but one question is there any way to remove the navbar when you have tablet ui or phablet ui because after i apply it the Nav bar option gets greyed out

ghostzyden

Sep 27, 2011
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA

I love this ROM but one question is there any way to remove the navbar when you have tablet ui or phablet ui because after i apply it the Nav bar option gets greyed out

Hmmm... Is it greyed out under hybrid properties?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

jazz995756

Jul 9, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Hmmm... Is it greyed out under hybrid properties?

Ya i tried disabling it on there too and it was greyed out i would love tablet ui with the status bar at the bottom but i hate the navbar

davelikestacos

Jan 8, 2013
New York
davidszoke.x10.mx
Wow, this ROM is exactly what I am looking for. The combination of all the best ROMs out there :)

A few questions, do headsets work during calls? And do headset buttons work when using the music player?

Also, can I use the Anthrax kernel for CM 4.2.1 or the KT747 kernel with this ROM?

Thanks, looking forward to flashing this :D

mackattack23

Nov 30, 2008
Wow, this ROM is exactly what I am looking for. The combination of all the best ROMs out there :)

A few questions, do headsets work during calls? And do headset buttons work when using the music player?

Also, can I use the Anthrax kernel for CM 4.2.1 or the KT747 kernel with this ROM?

The headset that comes with the phone works for me, but the button that ends calls on the headphones themselves doesn't seem to wanna respond. As far as kernel, I haven't flashed one, so can't answer that one. I think I asked a few pages ago and never got a response on that question either.

Did you get MMS to work yet? Over wifi and 3G?

My MMS is working over WiFi and 3G...Idk if it matters that I'm using ChompSMS or not, but just thought I'd toss that out there.

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Can you switch to phone mode, bring the nav bar down to 0, then re apply phab/tab to see if that works? If not I'll def look into that

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Sorry Fergie I'm out of Thanks and will get you back. It may be no biggie but i find it necessary. It's bothersome when you see helpful posts that go un-thanked. I have a feeling that this rom is going to be be among the very best while being underrated. Maybe you should make a fancy image on your OP :laugh: Port or no, I believe the performance and longevity is based on the dev.

Awesome ROM! I love all the features and so far its been smooth as butter over the past day since i flashed it .....

Thanks!

I cannot comment on the handset nor anthrax but I've used KT and BMS, both work fine

Reactions: davelikestacos

aseercte

Jun 17, 2010

Yup it been running smooth here no HIC ups no problem so far loving it great job .

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Built from source tonight yippee lol

Fy8y8H5.png

Added most of my goodies but now I can look into those ROM Control issues and see whats going on

I'll update everything on Sunday @ the latest

jazz995756

Jul 9, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Can you switch to phone mode, bring the nav bar down to 0, then re apply phab/tab to see if that works? If not I'll def look into that

Nope i tried that it gets put back and greyed out

nimaim

Aug 28, 2010
If you're building from source now, this should be in "Official Android Development", no?

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Nope i tried that it gets put back and greyed out

I'll take a look over the weekend. Probably have more free time Sunday and Monday to work on this

If you're building from source now, this should be in "Official Android Development", no?

I think it's cool here. I'm not affiliated with the PAC-Man dev team, plus I've already moved some stuff into it from other sources. But I want to get my github situated before I do anything else. Hopefully get that all settled by Saturday or Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Huge thanks to klin1334 for his d2vzw build [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2028443"]here[/URL] and for responding yes to my request to port and post the build.  Thank you![/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/B]

Code:
    As of 2/24/13 the ROM is built from source now[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

P.A.C.-Man ROM

Based off of Jellybean 4.2.2

for the Sprint Galaxy S3 (d2spr) ...brought to you by klin1344 with a small assist by fergie

Paranoid + AOKP + CyanogenMod = PACman

pac_logo_header_transparent_800x200.png

There are many great ROMs out there, with the more popular ones being AOSPA (ParanoidAndroid), CM10.1, and AOKP. Being all great ROMs, it is sometimes difficult to choose which one you want to run. Why choose when you can have all three? P.A.C.-Man ROM is combination of all three ROMs, so you don't need to keep switching or deciding between which one to flash. Get all of the features in one ROM! The sources are here... Enjoy!

Attention! Because this is a mashup of CM10.1, AOKP, and PA, there are some settings that might conflict with others because they are duplicate. Please keep that in mind before you begin to wonder if there is a bug in this ROM. Thanks and PLEASE see POST #3 for FIXES/WORKAROUNDS

Yn06mrH.png
    x2wkD3w.png
    UPS8nYS.png
    JiSBCfA.jpg
    m68uDxe.png
    15IO34h.png
    wecAF9o.png

Features:
    • based off of AOSP Jellybean 4.2.2
    • latest CM10.1
    • latest AOKP mr1
    • latest AOSPA (ParanoidAndroid 3.0+)
    • all settings from CyanogenMod 10.1, Android Open Kang Project MR1, and AOSPA 3.0+
    • PIE navigation controls
    • Hybrid Settings
    • Per-app layout
    • Per-app color
    • much more...flash and find out!

Downloads Updated March 30 2013:

NEW BUILD: d2spr_PAC_JB_4.2.2-v22.0.1_20130329-171910.zip

Code:
    [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Lime"]OLD Un-Themed Build[URL="http://d-h.st/bdQ"] d2spr_PAC_JB_4.2.2-v21.0.0_20130312-212843.zip [/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

gapps (Android 4.2.2 Version)

How to Install:
    1. Download ROM and Gapps
    2. Boot into recovery
    3. Backup Current ROM
    4. Do a Factory Reset and Wipe System Partition
    5. Flash ROM then Flash Gapps
    6. Reboot

Special Thanks:
    • klin1334
    • szl.kiev and Team
    • CyanogenMod Team
    • Team Kang
    • ParanoidAndroid Team
    • ...if I forgot you, please let me know
    CHANGELOG

Code:
    2-8-13
    [LIST]
    [*]PAC-Man v19.9.0
    [*]based off of Android Jellybean 4.2.1
    [*]updated Paranoid Settings, now includes PIE feature and more

3-3-13
    [LIST]
    [*]Updated to latest sources (3/3/13)
    [*]Updated to PAC-MAN 20.1.0
    [*]Updates to Camera, Contacts, Kernel, Performance Control
    [*]Bug Fixes to system
    [*]New SUPERUSER:  Access by Settings>Superuser>Press Menu Key>Select Settings
    [*]Removed some apps to reduce size
    [*]Made build English Only for size/speed
    [*]Added more JB images and xml's to replace older Gingerbread images/xml's
    [*]Adjusted Mms for Sprint
    [*]Adjusted ROM Control for some bug fixes
    [*]Shortened the amount of time it takes to hold the back button to "Kill an App"

3-24-13

## 21.0.0 -> 22.0.0

* Brought Tiles inline with cm ones [Nick0703]
    * Updated PIE Controls [blindndumb]
    * Fix System UI crash when changing recent app key [bluefa1con]
    * Notification Shortcuts & WiFi display (SlimRoms) [xLaMbChOpSx]
    * Brought some things inline with cm source [bluefa1con]
    * New BootAnimation (for most devices updated) [bluefa1con]
    * Various Device Updates

## 22.0.0 -> xx.x.x

* Changelog Feature [gs2usr]
    * fixed Quick Pulldown (Instant Tiles Pulldown) [gs2usr]
    * fixed back button will collapse statusbar [gs2usr]
    * Toggle to disable Fullscrean Keyboard [OldDroid]
    * Pie and Volume Toggle [OldDroid]
    * Network Tile Updates [Nick0703]
    * latest PA and some CM Updates [OldDroid]
    * fixed FC's related to changing Navbar targets [xLaMbChOpSx]
    * Added Option for Quicktile row Settings [gs2usr]
    [/LIST]
    [/LIST]
    [/CENTER]
    EXTRAS

INVERTED Apps Updated 3-9​

-Inverted Contacts, Calendar, Email built from source (Credit: Team Baked)
    -Inverted Messaging App with Advanced Theming Options (messaging bubbles,custom background options, custom text color options, custom layout options) built from source (Credit: AOKP and Team Baked)
    -Inverted Google Play (credit rujelus22). Make sure you delete /data/app/com.google.vending-1.apk before flashing. Also make sure you delete /system/app/Playstore.apk if it exists
    -Inverted Gmail (credit rujelus22) Make sure you delete /system/app/Gmail or if you downloaded Gmail from GPlay uninstall it before flashing
    -DOWNLOAD

WINDOWS PHONE MULTI-TASK PHONE UPDATED 3-9

GO HERE FOR DOWNLOADS AND INSTRUCTIONS
    Re: [ROM][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v20.0.0 ~AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1~ | PIE | Hybrid | (2/24/1

I haven't read every post but here's what I've gathered

- Yes there was something funky in the kernel source, I'd recommend using KT747
    - The build I made tonight is working fine. I'll sync one more time and post it tomorrow after work
    - Don't act like you're entitled to anything from me or anyone here. Free is free I work two jobs, go to college and am in the process of moving in with my girlfriend. Stop messaging me because your phone is acting weird. I'll post the update tomorrow after 4pm est

WORKAROUNDS/FIXES​

Q: I don't like the NavBar, how do I remove it?

A: Go HERE

Q: How do I remove the Dual-Windows in the main Settings?

A: Go to Settings>Hybrid Properties>Apps>Andrioid System>Click the reset button on the top right corner OR:
    Go to Settings>Hybrid Properties>Apps>Settings>Click the reset button on the top right corner

Q: Blutooth doesn't work
    A: Wait until next week when I can build from source, will try to fix then

Q: LTE doesn't work
    A: I don't have LTE so I couldn't test it, if it doesn't work do the following:
    • Set Network to just CDMA/EVDO
    • Reboot
    • Now Set Network to LTE/CDMA/EVDO
    • Reboot
    If that doesn't work wait until next week

Q: I don't know how to work PIE/Hybrid Options
    A: Please use Google Search, there's a lot of examples of setups on the Internet