Im not kidding :D with moderate usage i got over 24h
a6y9ejar.jpg
7y8eva7y.jpg

2umamuqa.jpg

Gesendet von meinem Nexus S mit Tapatalk 2

Killasmoke

Jun 27, 2011
Worcester
If you want a fast & smooth ROM & Kernel then trust me & download Rasbean Jelly & thalamus kernel that's all you need trust me this combo is smooth as butter & you always have lots of free Ram 140mb+ so phone won't slow down!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

the1dynasty

Dec 16, 2011
If you want a fast & smooth ROM & Kernel then trust me & download Rasbean Jelly & thalamus kernel that's all you need trust me this combo is smooth as butter & you always have lots of free Ram 140mb+ so phone won't slow down!

that^^ ... tho i use Matr1x and OC mine to 1320MHz... either way... much faster than GB...

Killasmoke

Jun 27, 2011
Worcester
that^^ ... tho i use Matr1x and OC mine to 1320MHz... either way... much faster than GB...

I use to flash Matri1x all the time in 2.3 & 4.0. Since jellybean I only really use 2 Roms which are Rasbean & CM 10 & I don't flash any kernel when I'm in CM & if the ROM is AOSP like Rasbean or stock then the only kernel I flash is thalamus.
I can't over OC thalamus kernel but you don't have to its just fast have you tried it? If you haven't tried it do it with Rasbean & use it for a few days see if you like it. That kernel is rock stable so reliable give it a spin! :thumbup:

the1dynasty

Dec 16, 2011
I use to flash Matri1x all the time in 2.3 & 4.0. Since jellybean I only really use 2 Roms which are Rasbean & CM 10 & I don't flash any kernel when I'm in CM & if the ROM is AOSP like Rasbean or stock then the only kernel I flash is thalamus.
I can't over OC thalamus kernel but you don't have to its just fast have you tried it? If you haven't tried it do it with Rasbean & use it for a few days see if you like it. That kernel is rock stable so reliable give it a spin! :thumbup:

eh... i don't like kernels that don't give me options... i don't have to OC Matr1x... but i do b/c the option is there... also bln/bld and most importantly for me wheatley/noop (gov/sch) that i always use... most kernels stopped adding those options... i'm a bit picky with kernels lol

Krazhil

Apr 4, 2012
AW: Jellybean vs Gingerbread

I was running GB, ICS and JB 4.1&4.2 on my NS.
When I bought my NS some weeks later ICS was released.
I tried A LOT of 4.x ROMs and Kernels and configurations on my device.
I don't want to tell you my whole experience with 4.x, so I will make it short.

OC was NEVER stable on my NS.
I had a lot of annoying lags while typing and sometimes opening the app-browser etc. I tried a lot of different keyboards and launchers.

Now I am running GB (CM 7.2) with franco kernel.

Trust me guys... Android 4.x is NOT made for NS. Since I am using GB I am so happy with my NS like on the day I bought it.
It is so much faster and runs stable with OC (1200MHz ondemand).
I dont have any lags on the keyboard anymore (now using Kii Keyboard).

If you don't believe me:
- Backup your apps
- Backup your ROM
- Flash CM 7.2, newest gapps for GB and franco kernel
- Configure your NS and restore some apps (e.g. WhatsApp if you want to write with your contacts while your are testing GB)

If you dont like it you can restore your backup.

The best part is. You don't have to check every day for new updates. ;)

# edit

WOW! i'm going to do a new thread like this, but you're faster than me!! :p

What about my NS experience?

Early, I was attracted by the upgrade, I wanted only upgrade, new Android version, i wanted only the newer version! But...
... i tried every (+ - ) possibile JB (4.1 or 4.2) but i was never satisfacted by that. The system was often laggy and choppy, with all the rom, also with tweaks and OC. For a long time I used HellyBean or Rasbeanjelly (with DevilKernel o Marmite) but sometimes the system crashed,other times for example, when I opened the messages app, contacts numbers not load immediately and the keyboard did not fit on the screen at once. and this made me nervous!!!

So, after reading a post by thalamus, I wondered if go back to gingerbread would be a good idea.
... Now i'm using CM7.2 , with Franco's Kernel --> the results? --> The phone boot in few seconds ( 10-15 seconds!!), i can OC (and live OC) until 1300mhz (with JB it freezed at 1100mhz), the phone is very very smooth (smoother than first!) and incredibly stable. And with some themes everythings is Holo style. A good launcher instead of Nova? Smart Launcher (only 7mb of ram on 2mb of storage!!!)... and with GB Chainfire3d is good for gaming!

Nexus S is born with Gingerbread, and probably is better with Gingerbread too.. at least for me

Yes, i really love my phone now, and probably i will never return to the run for the latest upgrade.

That's exactly my experience.

Last edited:

xanaviarai

Jan 21, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
I run cm10.0.0 and it runs perfectly and flawlessly. No special kernel or anything. Google wrote the good stuff for 4.2.1 for this device and it shows. Gingerbread might snap around but its so dated now.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

anshumandash

Mar 9, 2011
GB is an old story. My preferences - I don't want to live in the past. I am running BB8 - 4.2.2 with stock kernel oc to 1200 and it is liquid smooth. So I have no reason to look back.

Sent from my Nexus S

dark'em

Aug 4, 2012
Chiajna, Ilfov
GB is more RAM friendly for older devices, and the batteri seames about @-3 hours better, but with the way that develpoment is for Nexus S, the new features, it's clear that newer is better!

eexit

May 16, 2013
Caen
www.eexit.net
Last night, I finally ended up flashing the CM10 ROM + Marmite 7.3, installed Greenify and my Nexus S has NEVER been as much responsive (with a 4.x ROM)!
I can easily have 5 to 10 apps open and not a lag...

Really good job!

Thanks everybody for the advices.

onmyouji

May 19, 2011
Performance? It's about 3x more laggy than JB. But can give 2x better battery life. That's why google developed project butter, because ICS was just so laggy and stuttery.

Well, my experience is clearly different. I'm running Cyanogenmod 9.1 btw.

My Nexus S is running smoother when playing games, compared to stock 4.1

dark'em

Aug 4, 2012
Chiajna, Ilfov
Well, my experience is clearly different. I'm running Cyanogenmod 9.1 btw.

My Nexus S is running smoother when playing games, compared to stock 4.1

Well sure CM9 eaven beyng ICS is smoother than stock JellyBean, it is hevily optimised, Have you at least tryed a deodex stock, or It was a hurd on google imadge..the comparison between stock and CM is not completly fair, try CM 10 stable (not 10.1) and you will see a slight emprovement over CM9, the battery is a tad worse but pleace do not listen to all those who state ICS is smoother, it's just a placebo effect, try CM10 stable without dirtiflashing and then you will see ;)

migueldbr

Nov 30, 2011
Coimbra
i posted on another thread, i tried a lot of 4.x roms and cant seem to get those 60fps animations(jelly bean animations). They work sometimes, but many times i get microlag/stutter and i just cant figure out why. The only rom that improves this is latest helly bean with oc@1200. Do you guys get 60fps animations all the time?(for example, opening the mms app)

Top Liked Posts