[Q] Issues with Google ROM and Radio

Search This thread

SimonPalmieri

Jan 27, 2014
Hello,

I'm having some trouble getting a custom ROM to function properly. I've tried two different Google based ROMs and I no signal whatsoever. I have a friend who has the same phone, same provider and country and can get these ROMs working fine. He suggested that it is due to my older modem version and should consider updating it. I was told I could simply revert back to the stock Samsung ROM and do a Software Update and it should grab the new modem firmware but when I tried to do this, it told me my phone had been modified and I could not receive updates. How can I update the modem version to the newest without having to restart from an unrooted factory default phone?

Any suggestions and help are appreciated

Thanks

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Hello,

I'm having some trouble getting a custom ROM to function properly. I've tried two different Google based ROMs and I no signal whatsoever. I have a friend who has the same phone, same provider and country and can get these ROMs working fine. He suggested that it is due to my older modem version and should consider updating it. I was told I could simply revert back to the stock Samsung ROM and do a Software Update and it should grab the new modem firmware but when I tried to do this, it told me my phone had been modified and I could not receive updates. How can I update the modem version to the newest without having to restart from an unrooted factory default phone?

Any suggestions and help are appreciated

Thanks

What model do you have?

SimonPalmieri

Jan 27, 2014
Sorry, I should've included this :\

I have the SGH-I337M, Canadian Rogers model.

Thanks

Okay, well here's some progress. I found a .tar.md5 file of the latest 4.3 Jelly Bean for the SGH-I337M.

After downloading the md5 file, I opened it with an archiver and I see the 'modem.bin'.

Can I install this modem binary file via the 'phone' option in ODIN to update my modem version to MK6?

Thanks