[IMG] 4.3 Debrick image

Search This thread

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
THIS IMAGE WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU BRICKED AFTER UPGRADING TO 4.3 MK3. IT WILL NOT WORK IF YOU WERE ON 4.1.2 JELLYBEAN OR ANYTHING ELSE.

4.3 ONLY

People are looking for this everywhere so I thought a new thread was necessary.

Huge thanks to @thenexusgeneration for dumping this from his new device!!

Enjoy!

I'll be uploading this to my site soon and other mirrors will be available as it is the only currently working image

https://mega.co.nz/#!4s1SQTAA!fVWpGc8Ww-DWv-0VA797V_Bd7MEBOt6EevFuglUNPrQ

Last edited:

goku2778

Aug 17, 2013
so how do people go about using this, backup/restore via recovery menu? asking cause I'm sure you're going to be asked by people who bricked their phones and searching the net for a fix

paco_1

Dec 17, 2010
xdaforums.com
unbrick a completely DEAD

People who find this will know what to do with it. But no, you don't restore because this fix will unbrick a completely DEAD device. One that won't even power on

Guide is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2369125

if you hard brick on 4.3 you can unbrick now with this new (backup.bin) i have unbrick (2 sprint GS3) ....now the 16gb SD CARD did not work for me i use a (64GB) to get it to work ...i hope it work for you guys to...and yes ...
thanks to thenexusgeneration ....and CNexus..for the backup.bin :good::good::good::good::good::laugh::laugh::laugh:

nvan7891

Jan 9, 2012
if you hard brick on 4.3 you can unbrick now with this new (backup.bin) i have unbrick (2 sprint GS3) ....now the 16gb SD CARD did not work for me i use a (64GB) to get it to work ...i hope it work for you guys to...and yes ...
thanks to thenexusgeneration ....and CNexus..for the backup.bin :good::good::good::good::good::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Over on the DeBrick thread, none of the images (4.3 or otherwise) would work for me, and others with 32gb 4.3 phones. I jtag repaired mine, and made this 32gb image. I re-broke the bootloader on the phone to test it and it works. It requires a 32gb sdcard, I used an off brand class 2 to test with, and it worked the very first time.

So anyone with a 4.3 32gb, try this debrick image:

32gb_43_knox_debrick.img.7z - 26.91 MB (128 MB decompressed)

if you haven't had any luck with anything else.

Reactions: dricket

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Over on the DeBrick thread, none of the images (4.3 or otherwise) would work for me, and others with 32gb 4.3 phones. I jtag repaired mine, and made this 32gb image. I re-broke the bootloader on the phone to test it and it works. It requires a 32gb sdcard, I used an off brand class 2 to test with, and it worked the very first time.

Debrick images are independent of the internal storage size.

pfroz

Mar 24, 2014
Debrick images are independent of the internal storage size.

I would think it wouldn't matter but it does. I have gone over every sites to try to unbrick my phone but none have worked except this. Even with the following method it wouldn't work with 16GB sdcard. Only with 32GB worked for me. Just a little background on my phone setup:

Sprint GS3 16GB 4.3 VPUCMK3
Rooted with CF Rooting method
Bricked by loading NeatROM v3.6 for I9300

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
I would think it wouldn't matter but it does. I have gone over every sites to try to unbrick my phone but none have worked except this. Even with the following method it wouldn't work with 16GB sdcard. Only with 32GB worked for me. Just a little background on my phone setup:

Sprint GS3 16GB 4.3 VPUCMK3
Rooted with CF Rooting method
Bricked by loading NeatROM v3.6 for I9300

That wasn't what I was referring to, I was referring to the phones storage size not the sdcard's size.

Dec 28, 2012
This does work. I have just gotten to download mode after coming from hardbrick QCMUSB_DLOAD mode. You MUST use something > 32g SDHC. I Used 64g SDXC, still worked. I'm back up and running.
Excellent! truly Excellent. XDA community is GREAT!

hackwoof

Feb 11, 2015
i need some help. i downloaded something on my sprint s3 that apparently I should not have and immediately hardbricked. Want even turn on no response to buttons etc. What can I do?? I used it for so much other than my phone. Please help

Dec 28, 2012
It is best to read the entire thread before posting, to make sure your question has not already been answered. Some users get annoyed when explaining something when the answer is 3 posts above. Unless your S3 is not 4.3 your solution is in the OP. If you cannot download the file, tell them the link is broken.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IMAGE WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU BRICKED AFTER UPGRADING TO 4.3 MK3. IT WILL NOT WORK IF YOU WERE ON 4.1.2 JELLYBEAN OR ANYTHING ELSE.

4.3 ONLY

People are looking for this everywhere so I thought a new thread was necessary.

Huge thanks to @thenexusgeneration for dumping this from his new device!!

Enjoy!

I'll be uploading this to my site soon and other mirrors will be available as it is the only currently working image

https://mega.co.nz/#!4s1SQTAA!fVWpGc8Ww-DWv-0VA797V_Bd7MEBOt6EevFuglUNPrQ
    People who find this will know what to do with it. But no, you don't restore because this fix will unbrick a completely DEAD device. One that won't even power on

Guide is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2369125