Need Help

Search This thread

HPTL7

Apr 5, 2014
Hello.
I have a samsung galaxy s2 and its been working fine for more than a year. Few days ago, i did a factory reset and now when I power on my phone it stays on the Samsung logo. If i go in recovery, it says CWM-based Recovery v6.0.1.2-Siyah. and i have a lot of options. I did wipe data/factory reset and after that completes it powers on and goes in safe mode, i can do stuff for around 30 seconds and then it restarts and stuck on samsung logo again.
I tried flashing stock firmware but Odin does not detect my phone. i have tried on two different computers, they both have the drivers everything, tried on different ports, tried with different cables.
Please Help.

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

1) 'Please use a descriptive thread title'
2) Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General, find it, try as many of the things in that thread as many times as you need to in order to get a successful flash. If you try the stuff in the thread two or three times then come back to this thread & say 'I tried blah blah a few times & still the same', guess what ? Your phone will stay busted. Why ? Because perseverance always fixes these issues unless the phone isn't recoverable. You need to try everything in that thread over and over and over if necessary. There's nothing that isn't in that thread which can be suggested in these situations. Why ? That thread is the 'Bible'.

So...Go...You now have the tools to fix your phone.

HPTL7

Apr 5, 2014
Last edited:

HPTL7

Apr 5, 2014
i said in my FIRST post that after i did a factory reset, when i restarted it got stuck on the samsung logo.

TheImpossibleEnemy

Feb 5, 2014
Local Bubble
Well,if your current rom is messed up and can't use ODIN,you may try flashing a stock based jb rom through recovery.Choose the one you like,follow the instructions and that's it.
Just a suggestion:angel:

Reactions: HPTL7

HPTL7

Apr 5, 2014
Could you please link me to which one i should download. i do not want to mess my phone up even more.
im from uk.

TheImpossibleEnemy

Feb 5, 2014
Local Bubble
Could you please link me to which one i should download. i do not want to mess my phone up even more.
im from uk.

Well,I cannot say which rom you SHOULD try as it's against the rules and is purely your choice.Although I used this one some time ago and really liked it
xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/rom-jb-xwms2-neatrom-lite-aroma-mods-t1569686
Just follow the instructions and you're done.

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Right...So on one hand you say
Well,I cannot say which rom you SHOULD try as it's against the rules and is purely your choice

Which is absolutely correct.

And then you go and say
Although I used this one some time ago and really liked it
xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/rom-jb-xwms2-neatrom-lite-aroma-mods-t1569686

What's the point in telling people what the rules are when you go and break them in the next sentence ? Why not just tell people to go read some rom threads & try some roms ? Do you realise how much more likely it is that a n00b will break their phone at some point in the fairly near future when you spoonfeed them everything, which is exactly what you've been doing for the past few weeks, as opposed to pointing them in the right direction & telling them to learn for themselves ?

Reactions: TheImpossibleEnemy

TheImpossibleEnemy

Feb 5, 2014
Local Bubble
What's the point in telling people what the rules are when you go and break them in the next sentence ? Why not just tell people to go read some rom threads & try some roms ? Do you realise how much more likely it is that a n00b will break their phone at some point in the fairly near future when you spoonfeed them everything, which is exactly what you've been doing for the past few weeks, as opposed to pointing them in the right direction & telling them to learn for themselves ?

I don't get you mate.The man asked me to suggest a rom so I did.Honestly,it was the only stock jb based rom I ever tried as AOSP is my home.As much as I hate stock,I know that rom has little to no problems,so that OP won't come back here anytime soon.Which is good.Never wanted to break any rules,but because his phone was in unusable state,I pointed him to (IMHO) the right direction.Is this a bad HELP?
I know I did some things here and there that made some noobs lifes easier.So this means I should always reply by saying:
Hey,there's search button for that!DIY!Troubleshooting thread is not for these kind of questions.Get outta here!!

That's not how I understand HELP.
Anyway,thanks for your opinion,really respect that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well,if your current rom is messed up and can't use ODIN,you may try flashing a stock based jb rom through recovery.Choose the one you like,follow the instructions and that's it.
    Just a suggestion:angel:
    Right...So on one hand you say
    Well,I cannot say which rom you SHOULD try as it's against the rules and is purely your choice

Which is absolutely correct.

And then you go and say
    Although I used this one some time ago and really liked it