Flashing Issues

Search This thread

Camgorian

Jun 10, 2014
Hi guys and gals,

I'm kind of new to this, so this issue may be trivial for most. I have successfully rooted to tab pro 10.1, have flashed TWRP, and have loaded custom ROM zips on my external SD. My problem is that when I try to flash most rooms, it ends up saying failed. The one that does actually show successful(ProPlusV1), will allow me to boot but then shows processes force stopping, and then sends me into a boot loop.

Is there something i'm doing wrong or missing. I searched the forums(maybe not as well as most), and was not able to find anyone with the same issue.

Any help is appreciated!!

Camron

k8108

Jun 27, 2010
Did you do an advanced wipe before you installed the roms? Advanced = wipe system, data, cache, dalvik cache. Then factory reset. This is my standard mode and I don't have problems. Which rom in particular are you trying to install?

Jerryo100

Aug 31, 2011
Hamlet, NC
Did you try wiping everything except external sd in TWRP? I tried that rom for my 12.2 and ended up with the Samsung logo followed by a black screen and ended up restoring my backup. It's still a test version for the 10.1 and 12.2 so I wasn't expecting much. Maybe try this one: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2776206
based on the stock rom that comes with US tablets. The last time I tried downloading, it kept failing at about 75%. I think I'll try again tonight.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Did you do an advanced wipe before you installed the roms? Advanced = wipe system, data, cache, dalvik cache. Then factory reset. This is my standard mode and I don't have problems. Which rom in particular are you trying to install?

Just saw your post after submitting mine. What is the factory reset doing after wiping everything? I'm still fairly new to this.

Deusdies

May 24, 2010
Minneapolis, MN, USA
I have a very similar problem, though I don't consider myself new to flashing.

I did advanced wipe (system, dalvik, cache, and data), though TWRP was complaining about being unable to mount /cache. I also had to select "use rm -rf instead of formatting", because formatting didn't work (recovery would reboot). Then I tried flashing the ROM linked (the GigaWatts Pro), but it would not boot (gets stuck on black screen after boot logo).

Since I had a backup of the stock ROM, I figured this wouldn't be a problem. But now TWRP can't mount /system and therefore I can't restore my backup - it just says "failed".

Jerryo100

Aug 31, 2011
Hamlet, NC

I did advanced wipe (system, dalvik, cache, and data), though TWRP was complaining about being unable to mount /cache. I also had to select "use rm -rf instead of formatting", because formatting didn't work (recovery would reboot). Then I tried flashing the ROM linked (the GigaWatts Pro), but it would not boot (gets stuck on black screen after boot logo).

Since I had a backup of the stock ROM, I figured this wouldn't be a problem. But now TWRP can't mount /system and therefore I can't restore my backup - it just says "failed".

Try a factory reset? I'm not sure what it does after you've already wiped everything. I've soft bricked my tablet in a similar fashion with the same symptoms as you except TWRP wouldn't even load after a couple mounting failures. Here's what worked for me. I downloaded the stock firmware for my tablet from here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
Enter your model # where it says "search device here..." and download for your region. If you're in the US you'll want Cellular south. Extract the .tar.md5 file then run Odin 3.09 as admin and install using the AP button. If using Odin 3.07 use the PDA button. I'm pretty sure I had to re root and reinstall TWRP after that. I was then able to restore my backup. I've soft bricked my tablet a few times playing with custom roms. Hope this helps.

I'm fairly new to this, so if I've made any mistakes, someone please chime in b4 Deusdies reads this.

Last edited:
Reactions: rbraswell8

Exlo

Dec 3, 2009
Kopervik
I had the same problem.
Mount data partition in recovery, and flash the zip from Internal SD.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Try a factory reset? I'm not sure what it does after you've already wiped everything. I've soft bricked my tablet in a similar fashion with the same symptoms as you except TWRP wouldn't even load after a couple mounting failures. Here's what worked for me. I downloaded the stock firmware for my tablet from here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
    Enter your model # where it says "search device here..." and download for your region. If you're in the US you'll want Cellular south. Extract the .tar.md5 file then run Odin 3.09 as admin and install using the AP button. If using Odin 3.07 use the PDA button. I'm pretty sure I had to re root and reinstall TWRP after that. I was then able to restore my backup. I've soft bricked my tablet a few times playing with custom roms. Hope this helps.

I'm fairly new to this, so if I've made any mistakes, someone please chime in b4 Deusdies reads this.