Can't Move internal files to external sd card after s-off, root, cwm recovery, and un

Search This thread

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Using ES Explorer (just use to this from back in the day, if someone knows a better file explorer I'm all ears) I have a file I downloaded via Chrome browser and it downloads on internal storage in download folder. I try to then Move this downloaded file to my external sd card and get the same error I would on day 1 of this device completely stock.

Am I missing something here? I have S-Off, supersu.zip flashed via cwm recovery installed so have full root, and even went a step further and flashed the unlocked stock kernal for full write access???
equ2anej.jpg

Also, in a perfect world I want everything I do such as downloads and screenshots taken go to my external sd card, not internal. I now have the HTC stock internet app and in settings I have it set for downloads to go to external sd card. Does this work? Haven't tried it yet.

Anyway to get screenshots I take to save in external sd card? Basically only thing I want installed on internal storage is apps I download and obviously tweaks and what not. Don't want to waste internal space with what can be saved by default to my 64gb external sd card. Appreciate any help on any of the above, thank you.

erikjonpeterson

Apr 30, 2007
Using ES Explorer (just use to this from back in the day, if someone knows a better file explorer I'm all ears) I have a file I downloaded via Chrome browser and it downloads on internal storage in download folder. I try to then Move this downloaded file to my external sd card and get the same error I would on day 1 of this device completely stock.

Am I missing something here? I have S-Off, supersu.zip flashed via cwm recovery installed so have full root, and even went a step further and flashed the unlocked stock kernal for full write access???
equ2anej.jpg

Also, in a perfect world I want everything I do such as downloads and screenshots taken go to my external sd card, not internal. I now have the HTC stock internet app and in settings I have it set for downloads to go to external sd card. Does this work? Haven't tried it yet.

Anyway to get screenshots I take to save in external sd card? Basically only thing I want installed on internal storage is apps I download and obviously tweaks and what not. Don't want to waste internal space with what can be saved by default to my 64gb external sd card. Appreciate any help on any of the above, thank you.

I use HandleExternalStorage module for xposed which lets me move files from internal to external storage. I am not sure if/how to save screen shots to external.

Reactions: Marko Indaco

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
I use HandleExternalStorage module for xposed which lets me move files from internal to external storage. I am not sure if/how to save screen shots to external.

Someone pointed out a root app free in playstore called AFFix: KitKat Writable MicroSD. I guess it overrides all the Kit Kat permission to allow ANY app to install on external sd card and I then assume move files from internal to external and vice versa? My only fear is with all I have installed already (s-off, full root, cwm, unlocked kernal) I just don't want to install tweaks that override one another and screw up my device?

Trying to be as safe as possible here with what root tweaks and exposed stuff I install. Would u then just recommend the exposed tweak?

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
I apologize stupid me getting ahead of myself. Duh, I'm not using a root explorer. I downloaded root explorer and was able to move zip file from internal to external no problem. Just asked for SU to grant and then did it. Geez, little slow today.

pineappleraptor

Feb 21, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus Open

equ2anej.jpg

Xposed works perfectly to enable write to external SD. If you've never used Xposed before here's the Tutorial Thread for the framework (modules have their own support threads and Q & A threads): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401

Download the XPosed framework installer, open the app.
install/update the framework, select cancel when it asks you to reboot (So you don't have to reboot twice)
navigate back then tap "Download" for modules. You should see the module "Handle External Storage or you can just search it. More info at this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2693521&__utma=248941774.106963766.1378650939.1396885674.1396892710.7&__utmb=248941774.1.10.1396892710&__utmc=248941774&__utmx=-&__utmz=248941774.1396892710.7.3.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=(not%20provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=201568018
Download the module
Check the box for the module
Reboot now everything should work.

And the best file explorer for me is FX file explorer. Just an incredible UI in my opinion. File movement happens in the background so you can keep working. My favorite file manager hands down.

Reactions: russellvone

erikjonpeterson

Apr 30, 2007

equ2anej.jpg

I apologize stupid me getting ahead of myself. Duh, I'm not using a root explorer. I downloaded root explorer and was able to move zip file from internal to external no problem. Just asked for SU to grant and then did it. Geez, little slow today.

Interesting because I have S-off, root, CWM and unsecure boot and us es file manager and can't transfer to external unless I use the xposed mod.

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Interesting because I have S-off, root, CWM and unsecure boot and us es file manager and can't transfer to external unless I use the xposed mod.

Probably cuz es file explorer doesn't use root. This is what I think but who knows. I would think will all the above installed we don't need half these exposed tweaks but guess not?

refuse2bstopped

Jul 27, 2008
Not sure anyone answered this but you have to move files in storage manager which is in settings. Settings >storage manager >make more space (under the internal storage section) which allows you delete files or move them to the external sd card. But I'm sure this has been answered somewhere by now in another thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

equ2anej.jpg

equ2anej.jpg

Xposed works perfectly to enable write to external SD. If you've never used Xposed before here's the Tutorial Thread for the framework (modules have their own support threads and Q & A threads): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401

Download the XPosed framework installer, open the app.
    install/update the framework, select cancel when it asks you to reboot (So you don't have to reboot twice)
    navigate back then tap "Download" for modules. You should see the module "Handle External Storage or you can just search it. More info at this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2693521&__utma=248941774.106963766.1378650939.1396885674.1396892710.7&__utmb=248941774.1.10.1396892710&__utmc=248941774&__utmx=-&__utmz=248941774.1396892710.7.3.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=(not%20provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=201568018
    Download the module
    Check the box for the module
    Reboot now everything should work.

And the best file explorer for me is FX file explorer. Just an incredible UI in my opinion. File movement happens in the background so you can keep working. My favorite file manager hands down.