Handwriting recognition

Search This thread

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
Are there any good handwriting recognition (handwriting to text) applications that run on the 1NotePro 2.2? I haven't been able to find one that works.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
Not sure what kind of app you are looking for. Keyboard? Notepad?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.visionobjects.notesmobile does an excellent job with handwriting to text in a notepad. Pricey, but it does exactly what it says it will do. They also make a great free handwriting keyboard so you can test out how well it reads your handwriting.

Looking for something I can use to take handwritten notes during meetings and have it convert them to text on my NotePro 12.2. Your suggested app looks like it might work. Wish there were a trial version. I'm tired of buying apps that sound good but don't do what I want them to.

ExtremeRyno

Jul 19, 2012
This feature is already built in, as far as I can tell...I mean when I'm in a note taking app (any of them) or an office app, and I use the SPen instead of the keyboard, it opens a beige writing bar thing to write on. When I write, it converts that to text. Works like a charm...I take notes this way in SNote all the time.

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
This feature is already built in, as far as I can tell...I mean when I'm in a note taking app (any of them) or an office app, and I use the SPen instead of the keyboard, it opens a beige writing bar thing to write on. When I write, it converts that to text. Works like a charm...I take notes this way in SNote all the time.

OK, what am I doing wrong? I have tried SNote and can not see how to make it convert my handwriting to text.

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
OK, what am I doing wrong? I have tried SNote and can not see how to make it convert my handwriting to text.

You have two options. 1. Select the text input option so your keyboard come up. Then pull out your spen. If the keyboard doesnt become a writing pad the press the option key next to the spacebar and hold it until you can select a settings icon. This will take you to the keyboard settings. Then you can set the keybaord to detect the spen. From then on any time you remove the pen the keyboard will switch automatically. 2. Write normally with the pen in snote. Then select the lasso tool and surround the text you wrote and select the option that says transform. Then select text and it will convert it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: tatuk

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
You have two options. 1. Select the text input option so your keyboard come up. Then pull out your spen. If the keyboard doesnt become a writing pad the press the option key next to the spacebar and hold it until you can select a settings icon. This will take you to the keyboard settings. Then you can set the keybaord to detect the spen. From then on any time you remove the pen the keyboard will switch automatically. 2. Write normally with the pen in snote. Then select the lasso tool and surround the text you wrote and select the option that says transform. Then select text and it will convert it.

Thanks for the help. That took care of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

KestrelX

Nov 23, 2012
Myscript stylus beta keyboard is great for this.

Sent from my Galaxy Note Pro 12 using Tapatalk

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
MyScript Notes Mobile, tried and work so far great.
People say sNote works what if you happen to use the OEM keyboard?
I can not use the OEM keyboard it is way too big and ugly on the other hand Swiftkey with a floating tiny keyboard is perfect.

Seems like MyScript Notes Mobile does exactly want pull out the stylus notes automatically converted to text.
$10 app maybe worth it.

tatuk

Mar 20, 2011
Toronto
Seems like MyScript Notes Mobile does exactly want pull out the stylus notes automatically converted to text.
$10 app maybe worth it.

What's wrong with Evernote that comes with the device?.. It also has 12 months premium included to store notes in the cloud... It recognizes the handwriting (even my russian one) with native keyboard...

What's the better for Notes Mobile?.. :)
I am really curious.

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397590466987.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397590466987.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 439

gortiz2

Nov 5, 2006
Le Mans
Use MyScript Stylus Beta

If you are looking for a good "writing text" and conversion of this text, you need to try MyScript Stylus Beta (same creators of MyScript Calculator and MyScript Notes Mobile).

They point with this "keyboard" (replace the keyboard for a line where you write) is really one of the best (or the best) to d othis job and on top is free (ok ok Beta version but really in a excellent mature level)

hajime_android

Apr 22, 2012
When I tried to stock one, there was a pause during recognition. Which app is the best in terms of conversion speed and accuracy?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.