[Q] Soft Bricked Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 VRUFND7

Search This thread

jerimiahbaldwin

Jun 20, 2014
I've had my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 for nearly 2 years and have not rooted. Several days ago I received the OTA update 4.4.2. Today, I wanted to root but I'm afraid I screwed up the boot loader. Presently, when I try to boot the phone I receive "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." Neither Kies nor Kies 3 recognize the device connected via USB. I can boot into odin mode and odin can talk to the device.

History:
I followed the guide found here:
<link blocked: search for "How to Unlock Bootloader and Root Verizon Galaxy Note 2 on VRAMC3!" in google>

However, I overlooked the build number. The guide suggests that the build number should be VRALJB but my build number was VRUFND7 (i.e. KOT49H.I605VRUFND7).
Otherwise, I followed the guide down to step 8 and then received the following results:

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/006> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> boot.img
<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/006> recovery.img
<ID:0/006> tz.img
<ID:0/006> sboot.bin
<ID:0/006> FAIL!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Do I need to flash a bootloader that is compatible with KOT49H.I605VRUFND7. Else what should I do to complete the root process or revert?

Other details:
I've noticed in other attempts that every time Odin tries to write sboot.bin, the process fails. Is that because the boot loader is locked?

Any insights into helping me fix my bricked device are appreciated. I searched for many hours for more information but I'm afraid this is pretty new territory since the OTA came out only a few days ago.

jadon0827

Jun 22, 2014
help...

Hello, i just did the same thing 3 days ago, the way i fixed it was going onto samsmobile, downloading the 4.4.2 rom, then flashing it with odin. message me if you have any questions

jadon0827

Jun 22, 2014
title

No i wasn't ever to get my phone rooted, it doesn't look like anyone will be able to until someone finds a exploit in odin

Spy26

Jan 29, 2009
Hello, i just did the same thing 3 days ago, the way i fixed it was going onto samsmobile, downloading the 4.4.2 rom, then flashing it with odin. message me if you have any questions

Sure can use your help bro. My phone is stuck at kinda warning text as below:

System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help

jadon0827

Jun 22, 2014
What did you do this, what version of android were you on before/after?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

jadon0827

Jun 22, 2014
What did you do to cause it? Could you link me to instructions?

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Sorry I'm a stupid new user, but I need info like your phones model number, the files name you downloaded and your steps you did to brick your phone

Spy26

Jan 29, 2009
What did you do to cause it? Could you link me to instructions?

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Sorry I'm a stupid new user, but I need info like your phones model number, the files name you downloaded and your steps you did to brick your phone

Well, I have the Titanium grey Verizon Note 2 (SCH-I605) running KitKat 4.4.2 (was updated OTA and is obviously not rooted). I basically followed the guide on:
http://www.android.gs/root-install-cwm-recovery-and-unlock-bootloader-for-the-verizon-samsung-galaxy-note-2-using-casual-one-click-application/

It showed success writing the PIT file and prompted to restart the device but thats where it got stuck. All i see now is the text I earlier mentioned.

Spy26

Jan 29, 2009
Well, I have the Titanium grey Verizon Note 2 (SCH-I605) running KitKat 4.4.2 (was updated OTA and is obviously not rooted). I basically followed the guide on:
http://www.android.gs/root-install-cwm-recovery-and-unlock-bootloader-for-the-verizon-samsung-galaxy-note-2-using-casual-one-click-application/

It showed success writing the PIT file and prompted to restart the device but thats where it got stuck. All i see now is the text I earlier mentioned.

UPDATE: Flashed stock rom. Now its back to as it was. Unrooted, bloated, no data connection but working otherwise.
@jadon0827 : thanks for your concern bro. I am sure this is not the last time I would be nagging you or others here :D

Last edited:

TechFlow

Jun 11, 2014
Houston
Do you Still Have the Firmware

Hey Do you still have the firmware still Sammobil is down and can't download the firmware from that site can you please help me asap

Top Liked Posts