Unbrick hard bricked s4 with this method?

Search This thread

androidfine16

Aug 12, 2012
hey guys my uncle bircked his s4 on NC1 and i dont have the means or money to try a jtag currently. He flashed the wrong bootloader or he tried to downgrade . all i know is that his defenatley hard bricked.His sending the device over in a week but do you guys thing i can use this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2660566 to try and revive the phone. I remember previously using this to unbricked my hardbricked s3 after flashing an international rom on it which basically rendred it dead.

If so please let me knoe how i can go about it.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
So how about the method above since they are all qualcom snapdragon builds maybe there's an exploit here too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I suppose at this time it wouldn't hurt to try but it looks like the phone has to at least try to boot for It to work. You'll also need another working s4 to run the dd command on to pull the image file off of

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

androidfine16

Aug 12, 2012
I suppose at this time it wouldn't hurt to try but it looks like the phone has to at least try to boot for It to work. You'll also need another working s4 to run the dd command on to pull the image file off of

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Ughh do you think you can give me the image please I only have one s4 lol I gave the other to my son after I found out it wasn't bootloader un locked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app