Galaxy S2 "Increase the microphone for incoming calls and outgoing

Search This thread

fosseperme

Dec 28, 2009
Salerno
www.facebook.com
Galaxy S2 "Increase the microphone for incoming calls and outgoing" (excuse me for the translation but i m italian).

settings:

Enter the numeric keypad of the phone the following command: * # * # 197328640 #*#*, A screen with the following items:

Service Mode
Click on the item
[5], then click AUDIO
[1] NB (Voice Call)
[3] and then on SPEAKER VOLUME
Enter the following values :

SPEAKER:

[1] SRC Speech RX Volume I put:
* Lvl 4: 95
* Lvl 5: 100

[4] DST TX Speech Volume I put: 98

TO ENTER THE VALUES ON PLUG VOICE YOU WANT CHANGE, BY CLICKING THE SOFT LEFT THAT IS ON THE DISPLAY AND THEN CLICK ON KEY INPUT.
AFTER ENTERING VALUES, RETURN BACK MORE 'TIMES TO RETURN TO THE VOICE HANDSET!
THE SAME APPLIES ARE FOR HANDSET AND HEADSET!

HANDSET:

Lvl 4: 90
Lvl 5: 100

HEADSET:

CLICK ON SOFT LEFT BUTTON THAT IS ON THE PHYSICAL AND PRESS "AND".
IN THIS WAY WE HAVE SAVED PERMANENTLY SETTING THE AUDIO CALL!

With these settings will have an increased audio for incoming calls and outgoing!
The values could increase beyond those I mentioned but it could distort the audio!
Make a test x to see your opinion what are the best settings if you want!

Note: each time you reboot the terminal the following settings are lost!

Find a way to save these settings in your rom and keep them permanently without losing on every reboot.

JF-GINO

Apr 30, 2011
Toronto
I have been searching for a solution to these settings being reset after boot for awhile now. Has anyone got a clue as to where these settings are modded? I think that the servicemode.apk saves the settings in a file somewhere???

Maybe values in?
/data/soundbooster.txt
/data/stream_earpeiece.txt
/data/stream_headset.txt
/data/stream_bluetooth.txt

Anywho, I hope someone knows how to make these setting changes permanent.

amuneer

Dec 26, 2005
Now it would be cool if someone was able to put this into a simple app so that settings can be changed from a UI (perhaps with presets such as 'High', 'Medium', 'Low').

ayk33

Oct 16, 2008
thank you fosseperme,

this is great info and i also agree that somebody should do apk for this (i wish i could :eek:)

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
It would be great to have this fix implemented automatically maybe a small app or some sort of auto execute script on boot?

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
Isnt Tx responsible for transmit and Rx for receive, in this case only heard volume is louder on our end right?

Can anyone else confirm and test if this is working ?

Oct 7, 2011
Still no fix. For onlookers - save your time and money, just buy a phone that isn't buggy in such a critical area. This problem plagues all sgs2 users.

torres76

Apr 27, 2010
Reading
Madmax what problem it plaques you doesn't mean it does everyone. My sgs2 is plenty loud enough.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

sealava

Nov 13, 2009
what problem it plaques you doesn't mean it does everyone. My sgs2 is plenty loud enough
yes , But ... there are many situations and places where we all can use a little boost in volume , especially outdoors where public activity is loud .;)
i'm another voter for an app for this :p

saso75

Mar 5, 2009
On my XWKI4 stock no brand tapping menu (5)audio it says : CAUTION!! Menu being blocked.....why?

Please help me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Galaxy S2 "Increase the microphone for incoming calls and outgoing" (excuse me for the translation but i m italian).

settings:

Enter the numeric keypad of the phone the following command: * # * # 197328640 #*#*, A screen with the following items:

Service Mode
    Click on the item
    [5], then click AUDIO
    [1] NB (Voice Call)
    [3] and then on SPEAKER VOLUME
    Enter the following values :

SPEAKER:

* Lvl 4: 95
    * Lvl 5: 100

[4] DST TX Speech Volume I put: 98

TO ENTER THE VALUES ON PLUG VOICE YOU WANT CHANGE, BY CLICKING THE SOFT LEFT THAT IS ON THE DISPLAY AND THEN CLICK ON KEY INPUT.
    AFTER ENTERING VALUES, RETURN BACK MORE 'TIMES TO RETURN TO THE VOICE HANDSET!
    THE SAME APPLIES ARE FOR HANDSET AND HEADSET!

HANDSET:

HEADSET:

CLICK ON SOFT LEFT BUTTON THAT IS ON THE PHYSICAL AND PRESS "AND".
    IN THIS WAY WE HAVE SAVED PERMANENTLY SETTING THE AUDIO CALL!

With these settings will have an increased audio for incoming calls and outgoing!
    The values could increase beyond those I mentioned but it could distort the audio!
    Make a test x to see your opinion what are the best settings if you want!

Note: each time you reboot the terminal the following settings are lost!

Find a way to save these settings in your rom and keep them permanently without losing on every reboot.