HTC Droid DNA Bootloader Unlock/New Method UPDATED 2/7/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Apex i ITR

May 26, 2006
No the phone is currentlyS-ON, unlocked I just wanted to S-OFF. I reread the instructions and it looks like I should just skip the HTCDEV part and go back to the original post.

Right now I'm wrestling with Windows 8 and my phone not being seen (I've had issues with this on both my Mac and Windows 8 machine......I have no clue why its so damn hard for ADB and FASTBOOT to just freakin work.

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
No the phone is currentlyS-ON, unlocked I just wanted to S-OFF. I reread the instructions and it looks like I should just skip the HTCDEV part and go back to the original post.

Right now I'm wrestling with Windows 8 and my phone not being seen (I've had issues with this on both my Mac and Windows 8 machine......I have no clue why its so damn hard for ADB and FASTBOOT to just freakin work.

if you've unlocked your bootloader before chances are you have superCID you dont need to be in this thread

if/when you get your adb working do a simple
Code:
fastboot oem readcid
and if you get all 11111111 or 22222222 then you are good to go to do the s-off steps...

motumbo

Aug 7, 2010
What are you using to check the superCID

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

You're right. It was my fault, i was using cid getter from play store. It was showing me the backup cid, no the main one. My cid is 2222222. I got S-off easily using the face palm thread.
Thanks for your answer.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

I used an XP virtual machine and it worked like a champ. I have a company laptop that has VM already installed so i took advantage of it. But i think you could get at least a trial for free.

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com

if you want to use a VM I suggest VMwarePlayer or VirtualBox... both are free to use and then download an .iso of w/e os you want to

sniff1

Sep 23, 2010
VZW__001 only for me

I keep getting this when checking VZW__001 and have tried many times. If i want to root but not have s-off do I need this?

Jun 4, 2007
sniff,

According to the developers, you need your bootloader unlocked to root, or flash. If you get VZW_001 instead of 1111111, or 2222222, your bootloader is not unlocked, and you cannot root, or flash.

Do you have the latest OTA update? This unlock method is not working for the latest update, and apparently somebody is working on that.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

ZooDad

Nov 5, 2010
And you can't roll back, even using the ruu. It errors out.
ZooDad

mohamed_atef

Dec 6, 2007
UPDATE 2/7 - HTC HAS BLOCKED OUR CURRENT SUPERCID, SO I UPDATED TO A NEW ONE. GET IT AND USE IT WHILE IT STILL WORKS!

edit 2/13 - added source zip

Here you will find a new method to get "SuperCID" to allow bootloader unlock for the HTC Droid DNA. This method WILL prove easier than the original method and SHOULD prove safer.

Usual disclaimer - "I am not responsible if you brick or otherwise destroy your device (insert additional non-funny/non-witty comment here)."

Before we get started, PLEASE take a moment to review the credits:

1.) giantpune @ freenode. Here is a guy I've never met and yet he spent several hours crashing my kernel and coding/recoding, etc. to find exploit addresses. He doesn't own a DNA, has no personal interest in this project, yet spent ~10 hours on this. Then, he writes proper code for the cid patching routine without me even asking. This method would not be possible without him. PLEASE donate to him (paypal) - giantpune@gmail.com[/B]

2.) jcase @ andirc. Without his dedication and the original exploit, we could not have executed this new method. We needed a rooted device to get the addresses! PLEASE donate to him (paypal) - http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=2376614[/B]

3.) htcjbutterfly @ andirc - aka SharpISO3 @ xda - thank you for the countless hours of letting me teamviewer in and screw around with your phone.

4.) Everyone else at team andirc. Cool group of people there.

5.) Goroh Kun (?).......The 2 exploits used are courtesy of his (?) code, and he (?) was gracious enough to post source. The attached APK is really about ~75% their code. But, since they were non-responsive in requests for porting help, they get the #5 spot here.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8LDObFOpzZqQzducmxjRExXNnM/edit?pli=1

So let's get started.

What you need:

1.) a Droid DNA
2.) this attached APK

Instructions:

1.) Download apk (attached, cid-2.apk)
2.) run it (in your app drawer titled HTC DNA SuperCID
3.) reboot to bootloader and confirm you have SuperCID:
a.) fastboot oem readcid

If you see 22222222, you are good. Proceed to htcdev to complete the process.

If you see something else (e.g. VZW__001) then reboot normally and try the process again.

Good luck.

If you need support, or care to say thanks, etc. please join us on IRC

andirc.net
#Droid-DNA

p.s. I'll post source soon. If you choose to reverse this apk, you'll probably notice I write REALLY bad code. I'm well aware of it and couldn't care less, so please don't bother me with code improvement suggestions.

Thanks

Reactions: jst2cul4u

swamp2

Feb 4, 2005
San Diego
Folks - Please put your money where your mouth is. I've already offered $20 to the first exploit that gets us back to an unlocked bootloader. I would guess we might be able to help speed things up with some cold hard cash. I'd don't at all mind me being the only offer but multiplying this effect should certainly help. I certainly felt it couldn't hurt to post the offer again. I'm a noob here with this particular phone, just picked it up about 2 weeks or so back. I'm loving it so far and I'm darn anxious to get to a custom ROM, debloat, ad block, etc.

rascal9

Feb 16, 2009
Folks - Please put your money where your mouth is. I've already offered $20 to the first exploit that gets us back to an unlocked bootloader. I would guess we might be able to help speed things up with some cold hard cash. I'd don't at all mind me being the only offer but multiplying this effect should certainly help. I certainly felt it couldn't hurt to post the offer again. I'm a noob here with this particular phone, just picked it up about 2 weeks or so back. I'm loving it so far and I'm darn anxious to get to a custom ROM, debloat, ad block, etc.

Id throw some money and im loving the phone as well. Only minus is no removable battery or storage. Plus the HTC ONE is coming and i was thinking of returning mine with no unlock and the new phone on the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE 2/7 - HTC HAS BLOCKED OUR CURRENT SUPERCID, SO I UPDATED TO A NEW ONE. GET IT AND USE IT WHILE IT STILL WORKS!

THIS ONLY WORKS ON PRE-OTA (E.G. 1.XXXX) VERSION PHONES. IF YOU HAVE ACCEPTED THE OTA OR HAVE A DEVICE WITH VERSION 2.XXX FIRMWARE, THIS METHOD WILL NOT WORK FOR YOU.

edit 2/13 - added source zip

Here you will find a new method to get "SuperCID" to allow bootloader unlock for the HTC Droid DNA. This method WILL prove easier than the original method and SHOULD prove safer.

Usual disclaimer - "I am not responsible if you brick or otherwise destroy your device (insert additional non-funny/non-witty comment here)."

Before we get started, PLEASE take a moment to review the credits:

1.) giantpune @ freenode. Here is a guy I've never met and yet he spent several hours crashing my kernel and coding/recoding, etc. to find exploit addresses. He doesn't own a DNA, has no personal interest in this project, yet spent ~10 hours on this. Then, he writes proper code for the cid patching routine without me even asking. This method would not be possible without him. PLEASE donate to him (paypal) - giantpune@gmail.com

2.) jcase @ andirc. Without his dedication and the original exploit, we could not have executed this new method. We needed a rooted device to get the addresses! PLEASE donate to him (paypal) - http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=2376614

3.) htcjbutterfly @ andirc - aka SharpISO3 @ xda - thank you for the countless hours of letting me teamviewer in and screw around with your phone.

4.) Everyone else at team andirc. Cool group of people there.

5.) Goroh Kun (?).......The 2 exploits used are courtesy of his (?) code, and he (?) was gracious enough to post source. The attached APK is really about ~75% their code. But, since they were non-responsive in requests for porting help, they get the #5 spot here.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8LDObFOpzZqQzducmxjRExXNnM/edit?pli=1

So let's get started.

What you need:

1.) a Droid DNA
    2.) this attached APK

Instructions:

1.) Download apk (attached, cid-2.apk)
    2.) run it (in your app drawer titled HTC DNA SuperCID
    3.) reboot to bootloader and confirm you have SuperCID:
    a.) fastboot oem readcid

If you see 22222222, you are good. Proceed to htcdev to complete the process.

If you see something else (e.g. VZW__001) then reboot normally and try the process again.

Good luck.

If you need support, or care to say thanks, etc. please join us on IRC

andirc.net
    #Droid-DNA

p.s. I'll post source soon. If you choose to reverse this apk, you'll probably notice I write REALLY bad code. I'm well aware of it and couldn't care less, so please don't bother me with code improvement suggestions.
    I almost wonder if it's easier to figure out a way to downgrade rather than trying to exploit the update. But this is also my first HTC and I that may seem like a noob statement too u all, so I apologize if I come off like a dope. It is impossible to downgrade or what? And why?

Sent from my unlockable HTC Droid DNA

I suppose I'll share.

The downgrade problem is different than it used to be. The rom.zips are now encrypted before they are signed. HTC decided to change the decryption key in the ota hboot so ota devices are unable to decrypt the rom.zip we've pulled from the pre ota RUU.

I'm really not sure what a viable solution might be at this point. That doesn't mean that some other devs don't have a valid idea or two.

We have SEVERAL working root exploits for ota devices currently. However with wp on system partition and now on the cid partition it's somewhat useless.

This is where we stand.

The inmates are becoming too restless. Thread closed.
    How r u so sure?

Because I wrote it?
    This is ironic that everybody comes with NEW methods to do job to the OLDER devices ! can't really find any help for the new devices like Samsung Galaxy Music Duos GT-S6012. come on guys do something to end our despeartion specially when there is no separate forum the said NEW devices !

Wait, you are going to come here complaining about someone working on something other than what you have.

You make a fool of yourself, the GT=S6012 is a FACTORY UNLOCKED DEVICE from the looks of it. It doesn't needed to "hacked"