[Q] Possible hardware fault help please

Search This thread

pearlpassat

Dec 7, 2013
Mistakenly used the omega rom for a S2 on my note 2 by not taking much notice when installing, anyway it went on fine (although I know it prob shouldnt have) and phone crashed as to be expected when i realised.

I then installed official samsung 4.3 firmware via odin however the phone is now really laggy and takes several presses of the power/home button for the screen to respond, also the sound dont quite sound right, i have since put the omega rom on for the note 2 however there is no improvement

Is it possible to have damaged the hardware ny doing this???

Bullay

Feb 10, 2014
Rawalpindi
There isnt any possibility of damaging your hardware.. make a full wipe.. since a rom flashes everything, your partitions might have got corrupted... do a full wipe using recovery and then proceed with flashing a rom. Format each and everything. I would even format the internal sd, and use adb or recovery to transfer files afterwards...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

pearlpassat

Dec 7, 2013
There isnt any possibility of damaging your hardware.. make a full wipe.. since a rom flashes everything, your partitions might have got corrupted... do a full wipe using recovery and then proceed with flashing a rom. Format each and everything. I would even format the internal sd, and use adb or recovery to transfer files afterwards...

Thanks for the reply
I have done all what you have mentioned and even removed everything through twrp so no operating system was installed and then formatted before reloading oem firmware via odin but the problem is still present :confused:

Bullay

Feb 10, 2014
Rawalpindi
Use it for a day or two... it should get solved... flashing a wrong rom bricks the phone usually. Which bootloader are u using? Use mj5 on 4.3 for optimum performance...

pearlpassat

Dec 7, 2013
Is there any other way to fully format the phone apart from through recovery as doing it through there hasnt made any difference????

Top Liked Posts