New Native Youtube app by HTC

Search This thread

eternalemb

May 3, 2010
Pasadena, CA
I honestly don't know. It's definitely an HTC made app, but it doesn't appear under HTC Apps in the the Marketplace, it appears in the general apps section.

eternalemb

May 3, 2010
Pasadena, CA
Here's some screenshots...Sorry for the crappy shots, but you get the point...

Attachments

• IMG00093-20101215-2254.jpg
    IMG00093-20101215-2254.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 549
  • IMG00094-20101215-2254.jpg
    IMG00094-20101215-2254.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG00095-20101215-2255.jpg
    IMG00095-20101215-2255.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 409

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
Here's some screenshots...Sorry for the crappy shots, but you get the point...

thanks for posting it. Wonder why I can't find it on my hd7. I'll keep looking.

for all y'all looking for it, try going to marketplace/ apps/ music and video/ free. It was the first one there, but I couldn't find it by searching.

Last edited:

eternalemb

May 3, 2010
Pasadena, CA
thanks for posting it. Wonder why I can't find it on my hd7. I'll keep looking.

for all y'all looking for it, try going to marketplace/ apps/ music and video/ free. It was the first one there, but I couldn't find it by searching.
No prob. I just went into Apps then sideswiped to new and it was about 10 apps down, under Holy Bible. Correction, 1 app after that, between GPS4Me and Soniccasting.

Last edited:

zukа

Dec 12, 2010
The decision to let hardware makers customise only by individual apps is starting to pay off. The fact that HTC are the only ones to have a native YouTube app (which imo is a stupid thing to leave out of the OS, but only cause I use YouTube a lot) is making me strongly lean towards one of their devices over samsung

MartyLK

Apr 19, 2010
Oklahoma City
The decision to let hardware makers customise only by individual apps is starting to pay off. The fact that HTC are the only ones to have a native YouTube app (which imo is a stupid thing to leave out of the OS, but only cause I use YouTube a lot) is making me strongly lean towards one of their devices over samsung
The thing is, all WP7 phones can use HTC apps. The Hub is available not only for HTC phones, but also Samsung and LG.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    found it in german marketplace by searchin "htc" ... works wonderful. deleted the other youtube app. thanks @ htc!!!
    HTC Youtube .xap easily deployed to non-HTC phone

Question... Due to the fact that I don't have an HTC WP7, If I have the Windows Developer Tools installed and my Samsung Focus is "Unlocked" wouldn't I just need the XAP file for this youtube app and upload it to my phone via my pc? In theory that should work right? and if yes how could we get a hold of the app?

all apps are certified and signed when they come from the market place, so no that won't work.

it's for htc only. even with the xap, it doesn't load up (i don't believe).

I thought so too, but turns out it does work. Once you have the HTC .xap file you can certainly deploy it to your developer unlocked phone using the standard Application Deployment.

Just change the extension of the .xap to a .zip, then open "WMAppManifest.xml" in a text editor and remove the entire line that references "INTEROPSERVICES". Optionally, you can also remove the "HTC" from the app title so it will simply show up as "Youtube" instead of "HTC Youtube" on your phone.

Change it back to a .xap and deploy to your favorite non-HTC WP7.5 handset.

The app itself is quite nice. This is what the integrated Youtube app should have been like.

Edit: I attached the .xap with the edits already made.
    If you guys haven't gotten it yet...get it! Awesome app! It allows watching Youtube vids in HQ even on 3G! =D HTC got it right!
    Youtube

search for it in the market place, this one is made by HTC (so therefore only HTC WP7 phones will see it, don't bother with a samsung/LG phone).
    all apps are certified and signed when they come from the market place, so no that won't work.