Q. About flashing older rom

Search This thread

Ztrindberg

May 9, 2011
Hello. I have searched but not found any clear answer. I wonder if I have version MJ7 under AP can i then flash a older rom without problems?

Is it only if having kitkat then I can't flash older rom? Or is it even when being on jelly bean?

I ask because I need to keep knox ok but I want root. So i thought I flash a older rom and root and keep knox ok?

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
You won't be able to flash anything below MJ7 if that's what you currently have. And with MJ7 there is no way to root without tripping KNOX either I'm afraid.

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Hello. I have searched but not found any clear answer. I wonder if I have version MJ7 under AP can i then flash a older rom without problems?

Is it only if having kitkat then I can't flash older rom? Or is it even when being on jelly bean?

I ask because I need to keep knox ok but I want root. So i thought I flash a older rom and root and keep knox ok?

In addition to what @radicalisto wrote earlier...
even you are in KK, you can't flash older ROM. And yes, any newer ROM which come with a new bootloader, once u flash it, most possibilities, you can't go back to earlier one.
so, if you are now on MJ7, and plan to have KK on it, I suggest you update first before you root your device.

:)

Reactions: kraken77

Ztrindberg

May 9, 2011
You won't be able to flash anything below MJ7 if that's what you currently have. And with MJ7 there is no way to root without tripping KNOX either I'm afraid.

Thank you. I thought it was possible when I am still on jelly bean. So I was wrong. Sad it's not possible to flash older.
On my Note 1 I could flash anything from jelly bean.

Ztrindberg

May 9, 2011
even you are in KK, you can't flash older ROM. And yes, any newer ROM which come with a new bootloader, once u flash it, most possibilities, you can't go back to earlier one.
so, if you are now on MJ7, and plan to have KK on it, I suggest you update first before you root your device.

Ok thanks. I will not update to kitkat. Because I don't want to trip knox when rooting.

Skickat från min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Ok thanks. I will not update to kitkat. Because I don't want to trip knox when rooting.

Hehehe.
U r on the dead end at the moment if u need to root safely, since u r on MJ7 alrd. U stay or u upgrade, if u want root result is the same.
Difference only on how many times u need to reroot.
:D

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.

Reactions: Ztrindberg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hehehe.
    U r on the dead end at the moment if u need to root safely, since u r on MJ7 alrd. U stay or u upgrade, if u want root result is the same.
    Difference only on how many times u need to reroot.
    :D

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.