Dumb me got scammed, but Tmobile said for sure I would have no problems =( ESN

Search This thread

jeffrimerman

Mar 4, 2007
Alhambra
Ok so I bought a phone off craiglist. I'm pretty cautious and had the customer service number and called Tmobile with the ESN/IMEI number. I asked them specifically if the person were to cancel their contract or if there was a contract or can anything that seller do in the future cause me problems and they said "NO". Now 7 weeks later the ESN is blocked. Do they keep records of my conversation? I had tmobile service and even have the time I called them since I still have the texts from the guy who sold it.

I called the guy and he said he would take care of it, but he could be just saying that then blocking my calls now so who knows. Has anyone had Tmobile fix the problems since they were the ones that said things would be fine? I called them and they said "no", but I didn't have the exact time and just realized I know the exact time and date I called them.

jeffrimerman

Mar 4, 2007
Alhambra
at the time you checked, it probably wasnt blacklisted, which happened after.

Yeah for sure. That's why I said is there any possibility that it can get black listed and they said "no". The lady yesterday on the phone said they don't recommend buying from a 3rd party. I wish the person I spoke to said that. I almost can't blame the guy who sold me the phone since I got off the phone with tmobile in front of him after they guaranteed no problems. :crying:

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Yeah for sure. That's why I said is there any possibility that it can get black listed and they said "no". The lady yesterday on the phone said they don't recommend buying from a 3rd party. I wish the person I spoke to said that. I almost can't blame the guy who sold me the phone since I got off the phone with tmobile in front of him after they guaranteed no problems. :crying:

no, you should blame him, for not being truthful. he had the phone blacklisted or he "stole" the phone from them by not paying for it.

jeffrimerman

Mar 4, 2007
Alhambra
when its blacklisted on tmo, its blacklisted on att as well. they now keep a national registrar together.

Is it black listed in foreign countries like Taiwan? How about mainland China. My gf can send to her family in China. So I can disclose it is blacklisted and maybe it's worth $150 to someone who can take it out of the country. My other friend is from HK so he can send to his brother.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Is it black listed in foreign countries like Taiwan? How about mainland China. My gf can send to her family in China. So I can disclose it is blacklisted and maybe it's worth $150 to someone who can take it out of the country. My other friend is from HK so he can send to his brother.

no, just in the US. i dont think that canadian carriers are involved either.

Reactions: jeffrimerman

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
Flash it to Page Plus. At least they will take it. Or maybe it will activate on Sprint?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts