Antutu strange benchmark

Search This thread

anthraxx90

Aug 24, 2012
Hi, when i run Antutu benchmark Test in my device i get very very different result, my nexus goes from 18000 to 29000, can someone tell me why this happens? in details i can see that all statistic of my device are nerfed when i make low score, and overpowered when i make good score.

JasonX199

Dec 27, 2011
Hi, when i run Antutu benchmark Test in my device i get very very different result, my nexus goes from 18000 to 29000, can someone tell me why this happens? in details i can see that all statistic of my device are nerfed when i make low score, and overpowered when i make good score.

Thermal throttling.

It downclocks your cpu to a lower speed, so it will not melt like ice cream. All phones have this. The only that differs is the thermalthrottle speed. The Xperia Z1 for example stays a bit more on higher speeds. I hope that they can boost ours higher too. I never had higher than 23000 on antutu. But those are just numbers, who cares :fingers-crossed:

anthraxx90

Aug 24, 2012
Thermal throttling.

It downclocks your cpu to a lower speed, so it will not melt like ice cream. All phones have this. The only that differs is the thermalthrottle speed. The Xperia Z1 for example stays a bit more on higher speeds. I hope that they can boost ours higher too. I never had higher than 23000 on antutu. But those are just numbers, who cares :fingers-crossed:

i'm now trying with a ice bag under it
And yes i score 29800 lol , that's crazy, is there anyway to remove this limit at cpu?

Last edited:

JasonX199

Dec 27, 2011
i'm now trying with a ice bag under it
And yes i score 29800 lol , that's crazy, is there anyway to remove this limit at cpu?

Yes, A new kernel would help. But really, the only that will boost are some numbers on benchmarks. Lemme spoil you one, antunu will score 32000-36000. And a icebag doesn't help, Disposing your phone in the fridge would.

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis