Root for 4.3

Search This thread

matt4321

Retired Senior Moderator - The Real Matt
Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
Downgrade to 4.1, root, upgrade with root to 4.3, this is the best way currently.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a direct root method for 4.3 since we can do what I said above

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
Downgrade to 4.1, root, upgrade with root to 4.3, this is the best way currently.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a direct root method for 4.3 since we can do what I said above

That's the method if bootloader is unlocked, there's a few of us not willing to unlock it yet.

deepershades

Apr 1, 2012
Use flashtool to roll back to 4.1.2, doomlord's rooting technique for rooting that firmware, jump to the development forum to grab the touch recovery by peetr, and then use darklord's deodexed stuff to get rooted 295 - did it today and the steps are relatively well mapped out for you - I can vouch that it works for locked bootloaders on stock firmware :good:

VitorMSA

May 15, 2012
Mêda - Guarda
Use flashtool to roll back to 4.1.2, doomlord's rooting technique for rooting that firmware, jump to the development forum to grab the touch recovery by peetr, and then use darklord's deodexed stuff to get rooted 295 - did it today and the steps are relatively well mapped out for you - I can vouch that it works for locked bootloaders on stock firmware :good:

I got root following darklord method with locked bootloader. :thumbup:

Last edited:

matt4321

Retired Senior Moderator - The Real Matt
Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
Yes, you can downgrade, but you can't upgrade using Sony Update or Companion, you can flash rooted rom via recovery. If you upgrade with Sony tool you'll loose root.

Yeah, so obviously when I say downgrade and root, I then mean you can have the intention of flashing one of the stock rooted 4.3 ROMs

Krauser Kahn

Sep 10, 2013
I have locked bootloader, I only went back to 4.1.2 with flashtools, then installed root and CWM, after that flashed Dark Lord's 4.3 stock (the Bond one) and the SuperSU zip in recovery.
Everything running correctly.

Archaic1881

Jan 4, 2011
Somebody will try to root it once the Z2 is launched: you can't downgrade that, but if a working root exploit is found it will probably also work on previous xperias.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

squillaciukm

Jan 15, 2014
Malibu
for xperiaV

is this method applied for xperiaT only?? how about V??

if yes, can someone give me more details about how to do this (tell me about what to download, what to do)

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

is this method applied for xperiaT only?? how about V??

if yes, can someone give me more details about how to do this (tell me about what to download, what to do)

// 2 weeks ago, i upgrade from 4.1.2 (rooted using doomlord v17) to 4.3 (singapore version using flashtool)

DanielGuta

Jun 29, 2013
Firenze
with 4.1.2 i have root and how all we know with original update the root permission were lost.i don't want to unlock again my bootloader.i prefer that it will be locked,for keep it most possible original,because i like the sony software.i want the root only for xposed and his modules.