[Q] Huawei P6S Unicom Dual Sim

Search This thread

NolanBart

May 27, 2013
Hi all!
I have bought the new Huawei P6S Dual Sim (China Unicom version).
It's multilanguage and has Android 4.2.2
I rooted it successfully (bootloader is already unlocked) but I can't change files on the system directory (I need to replace the apns_conf.XML). There is a security lock? What's happen?

Thanks in advance at all

lootjelo

Jan 19, 2014
try root browser from the playstore. This automatically sets the right permissions for files and folders :) Hope this helps!

Sent from my P6-U00 using Tapatalk

NolanBart

May 27, 2013
try root browser from the playstore. This automatically sets the right permissions for files and folders :) Hope this helps!
Sent from my P6-U00 using Tapatalk
Thanks ,
I tried it, but unsuccessfully.
It seems there is a protection (by Huawei) on the system folders. I can change files in other folders (with R/W mounting) but not in the \system folder

abequer

Dec 24, 2013
Mexico City
Thanks ,
I tried it, but unsuccessfully.
It seems there is a protection (by Huawei) on the system folders. I can change files in other folders (with R/W mounting) but not in the \system folder

Hi

This phone is the most heavily secured phone I have ever seen. The /system partition has at least three protection methods

1) mounted as read-only
2) some files have the "immutable" bit set on the ext4 file system. #chattr -i file will remove the immutable bit
3) since KK firmware Huawei applied a new security mechanism by which the kernel seems to discard any modification done to /system even when it's remounted as RW. With this mechanism any change is rolled-back by the time /system is remounted as RW even after a reboot.

From the shell command line I have found a way to solve the first two but I still have no clue of how to solve the third one. Does anybody have any clue on how to solve it?

rs06085

Jan 12, 2015
Hi

This phone is the most heavily secured phone I have ever seen. The /system partition has at least three protection methods

1) mounted as read-only
2) some files have the "immutable" bit set on the ext4 file system. #chattr -i file will remove the immutable bit
3) since KK firmware Huawei applied a new security mechanism by which the kernel seems to discard any modification done to /system even when it's remounted as RW. With this mechanism any change is rolled-back by the time /system is remounted as RW even after a reboot.

From the shell command line I have found a way to solve the first two but I still have no clue of how to solve the third one. Does anybody have any clue on how to solve it?

Have you found a solution for problem 3??