optimus g wont mount in recovery, bricked

Search This thread

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
Windows 7 64bit adb is installed and when i plug in my phone i get nothing, in download mode or sideload. Id like to just use adb and throw a rom on it to get it going. Essentially my problem is my phone will not connect to my pc

Does your phone start up? Or are you able to get into recovery? I can't remember.
When you installed adb, did you add it to PATH? If not, change to the directory adb is installed. Something like cd android-sdk/platform-tools. Yours may be different.
You can also try this. Uninstall the LG drivers. Reboot your computer. Install LG drivers again. Should be v3.10 I think. Reboot your computer. Also shut down your phone. And start it again.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

RODKNEE1231

Sep 14, 2012
Does your phone start up? Or are you able to get into recovery? I can't remember.
When you installed adb, did you add it to PATH? If not, change to the directory adb is installed. Something like cd android-sdk/platform-tools. Yours may be different.
You can also try this. Uninstall the LG drivers. Reboot your computer. Install LG drivers again. Should be v3.10 I think. Reboot your computer. Also shut down your phone. And start it again.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes boots into cwm recovery. I have rebooted and reinstalled the drivers. Ill check the path but im pretty sure its where it should be. When i run a command adb devices it doesnt show my device

maulik.parekh

Jan 15, 2010
Same Problem

I am stuck too with the exact same problem.

Presently I have installed/unistalled driver multiple times but it is not helping.

Can get adb to see my device. Since adb and fastboot commands are working it is not a PATH issue.

Installed 3.10.1 version of drivers since I am on Win8.

If adb can be made to detect my device .. I can push backup to the internalsd and simply restore the backup from cwm.

Presently my Internal memory is clean and unfortunately this device does not accept sd cards.

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
I am stuck too with the exact same problem.

Presently I have installed/unistalled driver multiple times but it is not helping.

Can get adb to see my device. Since adb and fastboot commands are working it is not a PATH issue.

Installed 3.10.1 version of drivers since I am on Win8.

If adb can be made to detect my device .. I can push backup to the internalsd and simply restore the backup from cwm.

Presently my Internal memory is clean and unfortunately this device does not accept sd cards.
I'm not quite sure what you need, or are asking?
If you need some help with ADB sideload, read the first page here. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2082084

maulik.parekh

Jan 15, 2010
I'm not quite sure what you need, or are asking?
If you need some help with ADB sideload, read the first page here. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2082084

Thanks for reply engine95. I sorted it out while you replied.

My problem was that I was not getting adb to recognize my deivce in Windows. It used to show me LG-LS970 or android phone while in recovery or fastboot respectively. [I thought it was driver issue].

Now what I did is with LGNPST i installed TeenyBin with TWRP.

After doing this my PC detected the phone and i was able to connect with adb. I didnot change any drivers this time.

I did adb sideload and installed ROM and everything started working fine.

So the issue was Unlocked bootloader and recovery was not working correctly dont know for what reason.

Now I am happy.. All is well ..:eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It doesnt boot up it says that in the command prompt on pc

Honestly, since your sd card was formatted and you've already lost everything I would just use LGNPST back to stock. Here is a link to @engine95's thread for rooting/unlocking here. You will see the link for lgnpst and teenybins. You will need to use irc and go to the #lg-optimus-g channel to get the download links for it. Once you enter the irc channel, at the very top you will see "You won't read this but..." followed by a link. Click that link and you will find everything you could possibly need. Some people(depending on version of Windows) have problems with LGNPST and the LG drivers, so in the links you will find a vmware image with LGNPST already set up. And instead of using a teenybin, just use the most recent full stock bin. All the directions, files, etc will be right there after following that link in the irc. If you dont have vmware workstation just google it - you can get a free fully functional copy from their website for a month - as well as how to set it up using an existing virtual image. Once set up, just follow the directions in the irc links for download mode and LGNPST. Doing this will essentially put your phone back to stock factory settings, so you will have to reroot and unlock the bootloader again once it's done - but at least you will have a functioning phone again.

It may seem complicated at first but I had to do this once and it was pretty easy. The vmware image will already have the proper drivers installed and will lead to less troubleshooting/problems. But make sure you use vmware workstation NOT oracle virtualbox. Virtualbox had usb issues with LGNPST and I never got the vmware image to work properly - vmware workstation worked like a charm. Hope this helps! :)

EDIT: And if you have a nandroid backup saved to your pc, after rooting/unlocking again - as long as you are using the same recovery you can move the nandroid from your pc back to your phone and restore it. If not, make sure you not only make a backup this time but save a copy to your pc in case anything like this happens again. ;)
    So can i get everything on my phone wit vmware or do i still need to run lgnpst

Vmware workstation is virtualization software. Vmware wont help you by itself. It runs operating systems from within other operating systems. If you are on windows and want to run mac osx or linux(or even android), thats what vmware does. In the links from irc you will see a vmware image with lgnpst already set up. So you run that image in workstation and it will boot into a windows xp build with lgnpst and drivers already set up EXACTLY as they should be. Make sense?

If it's too difficult you can just try setting lgnpst up on your current pc, the irc links have guides for everything. Personally I think it was much easier to just load the virtual image in workstation because its configured exactly as it should be.

The goal is to run LGNPST - it's LG's flashing tool which is why we cant link directly to it.

EDIT: Didnt see your and engine's other replies, just the notification I had for this one - if you already have lgnpst, follow his directions for the fix, dont worry about vmware - unless you cant get lgnpst to work. Then try running lgnpst from the vmware image. ;)