Revert to stock.

Search This thread

CrimsonCrap

Apr 15, 2014
I want to return to stock 12.0.A.2.254 firmware from an unlock XSP with cm10.1 and i have an ftf file (I downloaded from the inernet) as well as the flashtool to do so but I heard that flashing a stock ftf will relock the bootloader.Therefore I have three questions:

1) Will any ftf file work? Do I need a specific one for my phone? Will a Generic ftf from any country work?

2) If the bootloader is relocked,Will it be unlocked the same way as it was before? will the same codes (unlock key/IMEI) be used as when I unlocked the phone for the first time?

3) Is there a way to flash stock ftf without the bootloader getting relocked? If so then can someone give me detailed instructions?

I don't mind losing root access as long as the booloader is unlocked therefore I personally wanna go with the third method but I have got no Idea on how to go about it.Some help would be EXTREMELY appreciated.
Also I want to apologize if something like this has been asked before but I was not able to find a similar topic or a topic that could answer my questions.

Thanks.

P.S
I just found a "loader.sin" file in the ftf that I have.I don't know if it has anything to ddo with the bootloader or not.So will including that in the flashing sequence relock the bootloader? Does "loader.sin" have anything to do with the booatloader? Should I exclude it while flashing the ftf and will that result in a faulty flash?

Help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Rycon33

Apr 28, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
It won't re-lock your phone's bootloader.

Any ftf will do but advisable to use back the one with same customization version that your phone came with originally.

Tapatalked from my Xperia

CrimsonCrap

Apr 15, 2014
It won't re-lock your phone's bootloader.

Any ftf will do but advisable to use back the one with same customization version that your phone came with originally.

I dont know my customization number.I mever checked for it neither did i back it up.Is there anyway to find it in cm or is it lost forever?

Rycon33

Apr 28, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Then just flash any generic ftf for your phone model C5303 and it will also be fine. It will also be fine.