[Theme] Colorized for MOST Roms, Flashable (Updated 1/15)

Search This thread

wewoapsiak

Sep 12, 2009
Thanks to the dev team at VillainROM for their VillainTheme Flasher, this is now a flashable theme that "shouldn't" have to be updated as Rom makers update their Roms (Edit: But sometimes it will). So I present to you what may be the final change to this theme. Simply download the flashable zip file for your rom in this post below, and flash it. Simple as that. If you still want to use ZipThemer, a future update makes it so the battery indication doesn't work, or you don't like the "4G" icon and would rather have the "H" icon, then I have moved the ZipThemer files and how-to to the second post in this thread.

NOTE THE FLASHABLE FILES ARE STILL UNTESTED UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED, FLASHER BEWARE!

Things to know
1) This comes from my pickings of different Themes & .pngs I've found. I haven't created any of the artwork. As stated above, I've been doing this for my phone. If you find a better icon, post a link and if I like it better, I'll add it.
2) I am not responsible if this breaks your phone. Make a backup first.
3) If you use LauncherPro Notifications & Preferences under the main menu are still grey (See 4th pic below) because these are controlled by LauncherPro, and if I edit that .apk LauncherPro Plus doesn't work <_<
4) The eye background is not included, but is attached to this post.
5) I don't recommend trying to use Metamorph with this. So far I haven't got it to work fully for some reason, but it works perfectly well with ZipThemer. Plus this themes files that will cause a FC loop with Metamorph.
6) If you want to use the clear Lockscreen that is in the last photo you must go to CM settings and select the "Rotary" style, I did this on purpose b/c some people would rather use the "Rotary Revamped" style.

What currently has changes
Framework-res.apk.............Bootanimation
Settings.apk...........................Phone.apk
SystemUI.apk........................Contacts.apk

Credit
*The majority comes from sonnysekhon's Vivid Theme.
*MWBehr
*theimpaler747's dark market
*tnpapadakos for giving me the desire to have colored menus back in the original MT3G days.
*djdarkknight96 for being an overall bad ass.
*bizdaddy
*dont panic
*The rest came from multiple people on XDA. Sorry, I can't quickly find the links for each one.

Photos
dialer.png
dropdown.jpg
adw.png
LauncherPro.jpg
menu1.jpg
menu2.jpg
screen_20110609_2224.jpg

Direct Downloads
If you like what you see then hit the Thanks button below, because I don't do this for $$$.

Flashable Zips (Flash over your rom)

The zip files below have a batterymod in place to display every %, if you flash and get a red circle with a yellow triangle it means I need to update the theme. Post and I'll get it fixed ASAP.
CM7
CM7 baldwinguy kang 1-31-12 and on
CM7 baldwinguy kang 1-22-12
CM7 baldwinguy kang 1-11-12
CM7 Colorized Nightlies Nightilies 199 and until next nightly or kangs 1-11-12.
CM7 Colorized After Lockscreen mod 7.1 stable.

Other
PhoenixBlood_V1.3 Untested

P990
Temasek's Kang P204-49 Untested
Temasek's Kang P204-37 Untested

General Zip Should work for most roms Only indicates battery % every 5%.
http://www.multiupload.com/DCGRBACRQM
Code:
Change Log
10/18/11 CM7.1.0.1 added.  All current ROMs updated for their latest release.  Added new bootanimation.  Lockscreen Rings are now transparent.  Removed zipthemer files.
10/10/11 CM7.1 added.  Link currently in post 172 until the hosting site comes back online.
8/9/11  Flashable zip files uploaded for various roms.  Removed the fonts and market mod.
8/2/11  Started adding test zip files for battery % to display every increment.  Do note, just because this displays every increment does NOT mean the battery readings are really that much more accurate as far as the battery is actually at 20% and the phone displays 45%; that's all in the kernel / battery drivers.
7/15/11  Updated BatteryMod and ColorizedTheme files, changed the charging indicators around for a smoother animation.  Added new image for the screenshot function (not my favorite, yes I know it’s shifted, but it’ll work for now).  Added new fonts, if you don’t like them then download the droidsans.zip below and push them to your phone.    Removed the dark themed market so it doesn’t override the new market.  Bootanimation copy still doesn’t work.  Been working a lot on a steampunk theme, between that and school I haven’t been working on this much.
6/17/11 Added Metamorph capabilities. Recommend using ZipThemer.
6/10/11 Transparent lock arc thingy added...see the 7th pic for what I'm talking about. You have to select Rotary, not Rotary Revamped in the CM Lockscreen Style settings

Attachments

• Eye_1.jpg
    Eye_1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 2,614
Last edited:

deviusdragger

Aug 5, 2006
California
Not digging the keyboard layout! But i do love having color on my phone. I dont understand the point of having a nice screen if all the themes completely black or one color, I want all the colors! Thanks for these!!

bmann_420

Nov 17, 2010
Seattle
SuperCentral.net
These look great, color is awesome =) Especially when you havnt seen it for a little while ;)

I just want to get 1 thing straight: In order to use these, You have to dl the entire nightly? So if I am wanting to update to 49, and you havnt updated to that version yet with these changes, I wont want to update until you do?

Or are these easy .zip files to simply flash after an update?

*Side Note: The charge, connection bars and wifi icons, those from an app with changed images?

wewoapsiak

Sep 12, 2009
These look great, color is awesome =) Especially when you havnt seen it for a little while ;)

I just want to get 1 thing straight: In order to use these, You have to dl the entire nightly? So if I am wanting to update to 49, and you havnt updated to that version yet with these changes, I wont want to update until you do?
Or are these easy .zip files to simply flash after an update?
*Side Note: The charge, connection bars and wifi icons, those from an app with changed images?

As of right now this is the entire nightly, I download it from the CM servers and edit then re-upload. I want to go to a update.zip were you download the nightly and then flash this on top of it, but b/t 13 hrs of school a day I just don't have time to figure it out right now. So you can download the nightly from the cm servers, but if you want to use this theme you'll just be downloading it again. Hopefully in the next few weeks I have it as an update.zip form. 49 will be up in about 3 1/2 hrs when I get out of class.

Reactions: HarveyStyles

bmann_420

Nov 17, 2010
Seattle
SuperCentral.net
Sweet =) I should just clean the dalvik and cache, then install this from a zip? (just double checking)

And it is much appreciated, especially on a busy schedule :D

Can this be ran on top of those other themes for CM7 by sonny or is this more of a replacement? (im having issues compiling his right now, its all new to me)

wewoapsiak

Sep 12, 2009
Clear the dalvik and the cache as you would when you are flashing a nightly, if you do that is your preference. I do, some people don't. This is the full nightly, so if you run a theme on top of it, those will override. So I guess you could say this is a replacement.

Reactions: seiledt12

bmann_420

Nov 17, 2010
Seattle
SuperCentral.net
Thank You sir =) Now there's a 50... Ahh the work never stops. But it is much appreciated. I wish for easy of use purposes, I could get sonny's to work every time, but it looks like it has to be de-compiled each nightly also. So their really is now win here, just me taking your hard work. ;) (wich i love by the way) If your doing so many custom things to your phone, you have to have flavor, in wich i commend you.

Very sexy! I like it a lot for sure.

I cant get the bars (wavy reception bars) to stay for some reason, other than that, very nice.

Edit:
NM now they stay. And this actually got rid of an issue in the applications dock. Before if you pressed on 1 for a few seconds while scrolling, about 10 of em would come up with a blue backround, it was very weird. That has stopped now though. I was also using the honeycomb theme for ADWlauncher though.

Last edited:

wewoapsiak

Sep 12, 2009
Thanks. Yeah that's the problem with crack flashing, i don't have enough time to do it:( I usually only get a release themed in the middle of the week if it's has a decently sized change log or something big gets fixed/added. 50 just looks like some code clean up, same for 51 so far. So 52 will probably be the next one I do. That's the reason I eventually want to get this into metamorph form, then into a theme chooser apk.

bmann_420

Nov 17, 2010
Seattle
SuperCentral.net
For sure! Right now though it makes a world of difference on my phone, thank you so much :D And Yea, i fully understand about additions per changelog. Im gonna stick with 49 until its a decent changelog regardless as i always have to change a few things back myself. With this now its a for sure.

wewoapsiak

Sep 12, 2009
Planning on updating to a zip file that requires you to use ZipThemer from the market. Will probably go back to the displaying battery % every 5% for this. Starting to become a pain in the ass.

Last edited:

JRudnik

May 26, 2009
Texas
Thank you! I haven't flashed it yet, but from the looks of it, this is awesome! My favorite has to be the settings screen, I always hated the greyscale icons.

wewoapsiak

Sep 12, 2009
Alright everyone, 52 have been uploaded. Also I have added instructions how to use ZipThemer and theme your nightlies during the week. So either use ZipThemer or wait for me to upload a colorized nightly on the weekends, your choice. If anyone has any issues feel free to ask :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to the dev team at VillainROM for their VillainTheme Flasher, this is now a flashable theme that "shouldn't" have to be updated as Rom makers update their Roms (Edit: But sometimes it will). So I present to you what may be the final change to this theme. Simply download the flashable zip file for your rom in this post below, and flash it. Simple as that. If you still want to use ZipThemer, a future update makes it so the battery indication doesn't work, or you don't like the "4G" icon and would rather have the "H" icon, then I have moved the ZipThemer files and how-to to the second post in this thread.

NOTE THE FLASHABLE FILES ARE STILL UNTESTED UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED, FLASHER BEWARE!

Things to know
    1) This comes from my pickings of different Themes & .pngs I've found. I haven't created any of the artwork. As stated above, I've been doing this for my phone. If you find a better icon, post a link and if I like it better, I'll add it.
    2) I am not responsible if this breaks your phone. Make a backup first.
    3) If you use LauncherPro Notifications & Preferences under the main menu are still grey (See 4th pic below) because these are controlled by LauncherPro, and if I edit that .apk LauncherPro Plus doesn't work <_<
    4) The eye background is not included, but is attached to this post.
    5) I don't recommend trying to use Metamorph with this. So far I haven't got it to work fully for some reason, but it works perfectly well with ZipThemer. Plus this themes files that will cause a FC loop with Metamorph.
    6) If you want to use the clear Lockscreen that is in the last photo you must go to CM settings and select the "Rotary" style, I did this on purpose b/c some people would rather use the "Rotary Revamped" style.

What currently has changes
    Framework-res.apk.............Bootanimation
    Settings.apk...........................Phone.apk
    SystemUI.apk........................Contacts.apk

Credit
    *The majority comes from sonnysekhon's Vivid Theme.
    *MWBehr
    *theimpaler747's dark market
    *tnpapadakos for giving me the desire to have colored menus back in the original MT3G days.
    *djdarkknight96 for being an overall bad ass.
    *bizdaddy
    *dont panic
    *The rest came from multiple people on XDA. Sorry, I can't quickly find the links for each one.

Photos
    dialer.png
    dropdown.jpg
    adw.png
    LauncherPro.jpg
    menu1.jpg
    menu2.jpg
    screen_20110609_2224.jpg

Direct Downloads
    If you like what you see then hit the Thanks button below, because I don't do this for $$$.

Flashable Zips (Flash over your rom)

The zip files below have a batterymod in place to display every %, if you flash and get a red circle with a yellow triangle it means I need to update the theme. Post and I'll get it fixed ASAP.
    CM7
    CM7 baldwinguy kang 1-31-12 and on
    CM7 baldwinguy kang 1-22-12
    CM7 baldwinguy kang 1-11-12
    CM7 Colorized Nightlies Nightilies 199 and until next nightly or kangs 1-11-12.
    CM7 Colorized After Lockscreen mod 7.1 stable.

Other
    PhoenixBlood_V1.3 Untested

P990
    Temasek's Kang P204-49 Untested
    Temasek's Kang P204-37 Untested

General Zip Should work for most roms Only indicates battery % every 5%.
    http://www.multiupload.com/DCGRBACRQM
    Code:
    Change Log
    10/18/11 CM7.1.0.1 added.  All current ROMs updated for their latest release.  Added new bootanimation.  Lockscreen Rings are now transparent.  Removed zipthemer files.
    10/10/11 CM7.1 added.  Link currently in post 172 until the hosting site comes back online.
    8/9/11  Flashable zip files uploaded for various roms.  Removed the fonts and market mod.
    8/2/11  Started adding test zip files for battery % to display every increment.  Do note, just because this displays every increment does NOT mean the battery readings are really that much more accurate as far as the battery is actually at 20% and the phone displays 45%; that's all in the kernel / battery drivers.
    7/15/11  Updated BatteryMod and ColorizedTheme files, changed the charging indicators around for a smoother animation.  Added new image for the screenshot function (not my favorite, yes I know it’s shifted, but it’ll work for now).  Added new fonts, if you don’t like them then download the droidsans.zip below and push them to your phone.    Removed the dark themed market so it doesn’t override the new market.  Bootanimation copy still doesn’t work.  Been working a lot on a steampunk theme, between that and school I haven’t been working on this much.
    6/17/11 Added Metamorph capabilities. Recommend using ZipThemer.
    6/10/11 Transparent lock arc thingy added...see the 7th pic for what I'm talking about. You have to select Rotary, not Rotary Revamped in the CM Lockscreen Style settings
    Reserved for future use.
    OP updated for all G2x ROMs (I think). I've only tested CM7 so let me know if it is successful or not for your rom.
    Alright! Also tested and confirmed working on Evils rom. (I also had the issue with it not saving to external, so when I did the -output I just added sdcard/_ExternalSD/myname.zip and it worked fine. But it is confirmed on evils. working along with the accurate battery mod on EB 2.3.5. I know you based the framework on the accurate battery mod on CM7 so I diddnt test that on the regular GB version (evil's) yet.

Edit: tested accurate battery mod for Evil's: Got a boot loop lol
    Doesn't work with latest kang P204-24.

Waiting for update.