Stupid Sprint, Moved SpeakerGrill = Otterbox is useless

Search This thread

h20wakebum

Nov 10, 2007
Santa Monica
How retarded... they move the speaker grill from right to left... now the Samsung Galaxy S2 otterbox will cover the speaker!

HA!!

Gotta love it...

Any idea if this should be fixed by otterbox?

TurboFool

Jun 22, 2007
Culver City
The phone's a different shape and size, too, with a bigger screen. Why would you assume ANY SGS2 accessories would work on it? All carriers make minor modifications to the phones in the US, typically, so buying international-spec accessories is a sucker's bet.

nunyabiziz

Jul 5, 2007
Sprint makes phones? The specs were posted before you bought the phone.

It's also thicker and has a bigger screen...

The phone's a different shape and size, too, with a bigger screen. Why would you assume ANY SGS2 accessories would work on it? All carriers make minor modifications to the phones in the US, typically, so buying international-spec accessories is a sucker's bet.

+1:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

h20wakebum

Nov 10, 2007
Santa Monica
I don't consider it an Epic Failure..

you'd have hoped Otterbox would have the Epic 4g Touch Case available at time of release.

I hate my phone being naked.

-RR

TurboFool

Jun 22, 2007
Culver City
I don't consider it an Epic Failure..

you'd have hoped Otterbox would have the Epic 4g Touch Case available at time of release.

I hate my phone being naked.

-RR

That would require them to have access to the hardware. They have their released for the international unit because it's been out for many months and they had access to physical devices to build around. Odds are they don't get pre-release units from Samsung, so couldn't build one for the E4GT until its release. Hard to expect them to design around something they don't have available to design around.

h20wakebum

Nov 10, 2007
Santa Monica
I'm surprised so many of you feel my post is "idiotic".

I don't expect a S2 otterbox to fit a sprint epic 4g Touch.

I already said, I don't like keeping my phone naked and that using an S2 in them mean time wouldn't work because of the speaker grill.

Besides, if Otterbox truly isn't releasing a case for this phone... That's an epic fail!

TurboFool

Jun 22, 2007
Culver City

I already said, I don't like keeping my phone naked and that using an S2 in them mean time wouldn't work because of the speaker grill.

Besides, if Otterbox truly isn't releasing a case for this phone... That's an epic fail!

Except it won't not work just because of the speaker grill, it also won't work because the phone's shaped differently over all and larger. The speaker grill is the least of your worries.

justwonder

Oct 29, 2008
San Rafael

How about measure and drill a hole right there? depend on your skill, it may look ugly but sure it will work...

Top Liked Posts