Beware - Cheap eBay cases

Search This thread
Feb 22, 2011
It's not actually that bulky. The covers are really thin and are made of an almost rubber material. The flaps fold back and are held together by magnets inside.

It was a really good idea from Barnes and Noble if you ask me. Perfect for working out of my e-book textbooks during class.

They dont have any instock so it seems. :(

Im really bummed about the blemishes on my nook tablet. Nothing took them off.

That stupid Chinese case did some nasty damage, my nook was only in it for a day.

Feb 22, 2011
Yeah, looks like all Barnes and Noble has left is those ruby red Tasume covers.

I ordered the storm silicone case to cover up the blemishes, and the Aalto cover.

I still love my nook despite it looking like I let a hobo with dirty hands use it for a little while. Ive only had it for a week. :'(

Its come in handy so much at work, I'm a computer tech, and I'll look up issues with the Nook without having to go back and forth to a computer. Love this thang! When I'm on auto-pilot, I put in some reading time.

I baby all my electronics, but I wish I would have researched more on accessories for this one. Oh well, you live and you learn.

transvin

Mar 23, 2012
i got a screen guard installed for 5 bucks. It's pretty good. No bubbles & no fingerprints. I guess I probably don't need a case as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yea i bought one of those cheap cases on ebay for like 18 bucks. i am starting to see some leather stains on my NT... any ideas on how to get rid of them? i already tried rubbing alcohol which didn't work, my next idea is to use vinegar...

You can try oxalic acid containing products ("Barkeeper's Friend") and if that doesn't work it's pretty permanent. It's stronger than vinegar but it's the same idea; it should be safe on plastics. This is assuming it IS a stain and not rubbed off (the above looks rubbed off).
    I didnt buy the cheap leather chinese case from ebay becuase it was cheap, I liked it cuz it had the ability to fold into a stand. The barnes cases dont have that, but I severely regret not having bought one now.
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/tasume-in-carbon/22193460

You should have searched a little more. At $40 and free shipping after a promo code, this was worth every penny.