[Q] sgs3 USB communication with my car stereo

Search This thread

Leefordss

Oct 3, 2012
I've searched around to different forums and haven't really gotten a clear answer for this. I used to be able to play my music from my iphone simply by connecting it to my usb plug in my car. the sgs3 doesn't do that. I've read it is because it uses mtp instead of ums for data transfer now because there are no partitions in the drive. Supposedly there is a way to use ums by an app that was created for the i9300, but I have the US sprint model and I wonder if that would work on my phone. Plus I would like to know if I use this app, will it even solve my problem? Will I be able to listen to my tunes in my car without connecting the audio aux plug?

Thanks in advance,

G U C C I

Jun 14, 2012
LG V20
I've searched around to different forums and haven't really gotten a clear answer for this. I used to be able to play my music from my iphone simply by connecting it to my usb plug in my car. the sgs3 doesn't do that. I've read it is because it uses mtp instead of ums for data transfer now because there are no partitions in the drive. Supposedly there is a way to use ums by an app that was created for the i9300, but I have the US sprint model and I wonder if that would work on my phone. Plus I would like to know if I use this app, will it even solve my problem? Will I be able to listen to my tunes in my car without connecting the audio aux plug?

Thanks in advance,

I would like to know this too, My car radio doesn't have bluetooth support, so it's not an option for me and it doesn't work when I plug the phone in. This is the only thing keeping me from getting rid of my iPod!

raiderep

Feb 4, 2010
Eureka, CA
I'm curious about this too. I just bought a Sony for its Sirius capabilities and it has Pandora support but I would like to listen to my phone's MP3 catalog too.

sent through the third galaxy

rab1412000

Jul 16, 2005
I just replaced my car stereo thinking I could use the USB in, I couldn't get it to work by default.
I'm left with using the aux in, which is nothing more than a stop gap solution.
Hoping that I can get it to work with usb too

Edit :
I forgot to try system >accessories >usb audio
I'll try when I get out of work.

2nd edit :
Didn't work

Last edited:

huggebear

Feb 23, 2013
Sort of the same issue, compounded.

I have a 2012 volt and an S3/I9300 international version. I can't get it to play audio in my car for love or money. No roms, just stock...but bluetooth and auxiliary fails. Bluetooth says it doesn't recognize it, auxiliary jack says everything is hooked up but I get no sound.

I also have a bluetooth soundbar in my home; the phone connects fine but the sound comes through the phone still rather than the speakers. I feel like I'm missing something pretty basic here. Any help/guidance would be much appreciated. If there is an app that will fix this I'm totally game. Also anything to get rid of the samsun apps login that is constantly annoying me, or the German news sides that are preinstalled.

I'm a wreck lol. Love the phone otherwise though (other than ATT delivering my text messages roughly 72 hours after they were sent...all at once, from 3 to 6 am, like clockwork. I switched to t-mobile).

BammS2

Dec 11, 2012
Wharton,Texas
I would suggest searching for usb input on the stereo and making sure its selected as the playback device. My ford fusion has bluetooth and usb but when i use usb i have to select it on the stereo to actually play music from my phone. Hope this helps...:good: