[Q] Nexus 7 zigzag-like battery graph

Search This thread

EggShaarawy

Apr 2, 2013
I have been using my Nexus 7 2013 for few months and the battery is really strange.

The battery graph is often zigzag-like as attached and I really don't know where the issue is.

I have been using purity rom, franco kernel with smart cover.

I am also charging my Nexus 7 2013 with my Nexus 4 charger and external powerbank.

Is this a battery problem and should I get it back to ASUS for warranty?

Thanks everyone

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-26-11-47-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-26-11-47-06.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 752

Andromendous

Feb 15, 2014
If it hasent been doing this long i would give it a week or two and if its still doing it, then i would be concerned. But i also think that some custom kernels may also have this side effect, i dont know why, maybe someone more with more knowledge of kernels could clear this up. Atleast. I hope... Mine does this aswell, but i dont stay on the same rom for more than a week or two ?

EggShaarawy

Apr 2, 2013
If it hasent been doing this long i would give it a week or two and if its still doing it, then i would be concerned. But i also think that some custom kernels may also have this side effect, i dont know why, maybe someone more with more knowledge of kernels could clear this up. Atleast. I hope... Mine does this aswell, but i dont stay on the same rom for more than a week or two ?

I am not sure why this happen and my first thought is battery issue.

I am lazy to try out different roms and kernels unless this issue persists.:(

Andromendous

Feb 15, 2014
Id go through a few full cycles, it does this to me on glitch kernel, but i tryed stock rooted rom the other day and noticed it wasnt happening anymore.

Edit: just looked at the graph again. Looks like you werent even using the tablet at all. If thats the case then im afraid this might be bad. Sorry friend.

But i wouldnt get too worried just yet, give it a few days, if it doesnt settle down or stock does the same then id think about a warranty.

Last edited:

EggShaarawy

Apr 2, 2013
Id go through a few full cycles, it does this to me on glitch kernel, but i tryed stock rooted rom the other day and noticed it wasnt happening anymore.

Edit: just looked at the graph again. Looks like you werent even using the tablet at all. If thats the case then im afraid this might be bad. Sorry friend.

But i wouldnt get too worried just yet, give it a few days, if it doesnt settle down or stock does the same then id think about a warranty.

Thanks very much and I may observe it for another week.

jezbez

Jun 28, 2012
I have the exact same issue with my Nexus7. Rooted stockrom and it is zigzaging also. But batterylife is still very good, now its been up 2days and 12 hours with screen time over 5 hours. So im not going to send my own into warranty just yet, because every other common known problem is not on my device :D

icrazy

Feb 22, 2008
I have stock rom , not rooted and I get the zig zag battery also. No problem tho, I am very happy with the battery life .