Need some guidance :/

Search This thread

imran429

Jul 19, 2013
The note 2 is known to be the complete phone even till this day... right? and its outstanding part is the battery... right?
I see many people get 5 hours minimum screen on time with usage more than me! My max is 5 hours if I'm lucky, mainly only 3 and a half hours screen on a day. Ive tried a bunch of different roms but no luck, even stock with UV but nothing :/
Is there a combination of rom and kernel that someone could recommend me to see if it'll help? I prefer AOSP roms but there battery hasnt been the best for me but maybe with UV itll work out better?

Any help is appreciated :)
Thank you
-Imran

erljayp

Dec 27, 2012
The note 2 is known to be the complete phone even till this day... right? and its outstanding part is the battery... right?
I see many people get 5 hours minimum screen on time with usage more than me! My max is 5 hours if I'm lucky, mainly only 3 and a half hours screen on a day. Ive tried a bunch of different roms but no luck, even stock with UV but nothing :/
Is there a combination of rom and kernel that someone could recommend me to see if it'll help? I prefer AOSP roms but there battery hasnt been the best for me but maybe with UV itll work out better?

Any help is appreciated :)
Thank you
-Imran

I believe, TW Roms have better battery life than AOSP ones.(haven't proved it) Additional mods, like Note 3 mods or S5 mods, tend to consume more RAM + Battery 'cause they are designed for phones with higher RAM, so try to avoid them. Root apps like Greenify, freezing some apps using TB, and doing the common saving tips(auto brightness, silent mode, off mobile data, etc.) will also help a lot in battery. :)
Last thing, batteries also tend to degrade in quality, so sometimes it falls short of its expected length of use.
Hope I help even a little. ;)

imran429

Jul 19, 2013
Hmm I could be more battery cautious, what rom is designed for battery performance like the meanbean rom but that's not for the international version :/

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

nexuman

Sep 24, 2010
imho, using aosp on n7100 is not a smart choice. in my experience they have almost the same battery drain as sammy. i tried many roms, now i'm testing revolution hd 23 and with some greenifying everything runs smoother, i have 4% of drain during all the night standby with wifi on, i can't get better on any other rom. i think i'll trust this rom for a while. cheers

imran429

Jul 19, 2013
Hmm I've tried the android revolution rom and it didn't really suit my usage battery wise. I think I may need a new battery since this one has been going for a while :-/

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app