S3 screen Flickering and Battery dies randomly!

Search This thread

Fudge you

Aug 28, 2014
So, Hey guys I'm new here. Well the topic tells what's the problem my S3 is having. I need to take the battery out and recharge it again in order to use it. I've had it for a little over 1 year. If this is something to do with replacing my battery or hardware issue, please inform me here. I'm about to move to a new country and it'll be difficult to get it fixed there. Waiting for a reply ASAP! Thanks :) :D:D

.NetRolller 3D

Jul 15, 2012
Budapest
I had this issue with a BD-series battery (OEMed by BYD for Samsung). About a month from the first occurrence of this, the battery got swollen up. Several fake batteries that people tried to sell me also produced the same issue. Swapped out with a genuine AA-series (Samsung SDI) battery, problem gone.

By any chance, do other people with this issue also have a battery with a S/N beginning with BD?
BTW, recently I've been seeing some AA-series, "Made in China" or "Cell made in China, assembled in Korea" batteries, in genuine-looking retail packages. These mostly show up in Samsung stores & service centers where I live, indicating that they are genuine - however, all previous AA-series batteries I've seen were either "Made in Korea", "Cell made in Korea, assembled in...", "Made by Samsung SDI", or "Cell made by Samsung SDI, assembled in...", with the actual cell (below the "sticky" coating) engraved with "Made in Korea" and a valid Samsung SDI model number. And after a Samsung authorized reseller gave me an AA-series, "Cell made in China, assembled in China" (a nonexistent designation - a genuine one would just say "Made in China") battery with missing NFC coil ,which they claim to have sourced directly from Samsung Hungary; I call the reliability of Hungarian Samsung outlets into question. So, be on the lookout for these batteries, they are probably relabeled BYD units, if not outright fakes, and could have the same issue.

kojam

Sep 17, 2007
Surprised u have not heard of this phenom suffered by this particular phone. Its called SDS (sudden death syndrome). Problem happens after this phone passes the 1 year mark.
Found out that Samsung used to replace the phone (even if it had been rooted). They said it was fixed in one of their updates (think it was 4.2) but I don't think it fixed the issue.
Wrote an email to Samsung about how thousands of people have this issue. Sent them tons of links.
Long story short....even though my warranty has been long over, they just replaced my board, screen, battery, and gave me new USB cable and charger. Only thing they didn't change was the body. I got a new phone. Strange!
I think they are trying to keep it hush so if you are strong, not rude, and advise that may have to post YouTube vids and posts about your dissatisfaction, they will bend....

Good luck!

joevik

Nov 14, 2009
Had the same problem on my dad's S2. Replaced the battery and its fixed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got this with faulty batteries, i replaced it for a genuine one and it stopped doing it!