Goodbye SGH-T679 (Exhibit 4g)

Search This thread

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix
I know he is, that was more of a taunt lol. Because just based on benchmarks this phone blows it out of the water

Sent from my SGH-T399 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
Thanks guys, I'm still lurking around here! BTW the guy you're talking about that's banned, "Hatememarquez", he'll be back in February. Got a hefty ban for both aliases this time. Even attacked the @tazmaniondvl a few weeks ago, his old tag team partner! LOL. Anyway yeah it's good to be free of the Exhibit but the challenge of finding a ROM that's just right has been just that, quite the challenge. I'm worse now than I ever was with the Exhibit trying all the damn ROMs!

Reactions: tazmaniondvl

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix
I think you would like the light, its around the price the. exhibit was, but 100 times better, I went from a7000 benchmark to 17500, and it's freaking amazing!

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
I think you would like the light, its around the price the. exhibit was, but 100 times better, I went from a7000 benchmark to 17500, and it's freaking amazing!

I would if not for the fact there is no development for it and it has a locked bootloader which means it will never get a custom ROM unless it's TW based. But yeah, I've heard a lot of good things about it. Sure beats the Exhibit which unfortunately isn't hard to do as we all know so well. :p

Proud2banoob

Jul 12, 2013
Durham
Google Pixel 6a
Thanks guys, I'm still lurking around here! BTW the guy you're talking about that's banned, "Hatememarquez", he'll be back in February. Got a hefty ban for both aliases this time. Even attacked the @tazmaniondvl a few weeks ago, his old tag team partner! LOL. Anyway yeah it's good to be free of the Exhibit but the challenge of finding a ROM that's just right has been just that, quite the challenge. I'm worse now than I ever was with the Exhibit trying all the damn ROMs!

As I recall, AD, it took you quite some time to find just the right rom for the 4G, too. Basically, just as you found the best combo, you left. Regardless, I'm glad you are happy with the S2, though don't come crying to us when the Light gets rooted this spring. Good things come to those who wait.

What is TW-based and why would a locked bootloader make a difference? Don't exploits have to be found to root any phone? If Samsung made this phone essentially unrootable, that's a big middle finger in the face of the entire android raison d'etre....

Last edited:

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
What is TW-based and why would a locked bootloader make a difference? Don't exploits have to be found to root any phone? If Samsung made this phone essentially unrootable, that's a big middle finger in the face of the entire android raison d'etre....

TW = Touchwiz based, the Samsung stock ROM. Far as the middle finger, yes, that's exactly what users are getting!

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix
Im afraid to do anything I'm not familiar with but I'm passing it on to our root thread

teerout

Feb 12, 2012
Nevada
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Well everyone, I am no longer an exhibit user either. Thank you guys for ALL your help!
Im now with verizon with a motorola droid ultra. they look like could use some help with cracking it. this motorola has some quirks to it.
thanks again!:good:

mwhitt

Apr 23, 2013
vancouver
Never benchmarked a phone before, is this score any good?

sent from my insane s4

Attachments

• 1395360275391.jpg
    1395360275391.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 92

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well it had been an awesome 2 years with this phone, but it is just outdated and lacks speed. My wife and I are switching to the galaxy light, she had an S1. The quadcore makes a difference. And comes stock at 1.4ghz I'll miss this little phone a lot, but its time to move on. I'll still be around to answer questions but not on a regular basis.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    TW = Touchwiz based, the Samsung stock ROM. Far as the middle finger, yes, that's exactly what users are getting!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...d-bootloader-on-att-and-verizon-lg-g2-models/

Im afraid to do anything I'm not familiar with but I'm passing it on to our root thread

Yeah I don't blame you, but good luck!