[Q] Calls only work in one direction

Search This thread

AidanBell

Jul 3, 2009
My Streak has developed a serious problem; 90% of the time when I make a call I cannot be heard by the recipient. When I receive calls all is well; communication works in both directions. But whenever I instigate the call I can hear the second party clearly, but they cannot hear me. Is this a known problem, can anyone suggest any possible causes?
Many thanks.

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
360 is the version number of one of the stock ROMs available for the Streak and is the last official ROM Dell produced for unlocked Dell Streak units.

As for your problem, we need a few details such as what ROM you're running so we can attempt to troubleshoot a bit.

AidanBell

Jul 3, 2009
Ah yeah, of course. Thanks. My Streak is not rooted. It's an O2 phone in the UK, running Android 2.2.2 (OEM version GAUSB1A135100).

AidanBell

Jul 3, 2009
Thanks Strephon for the advice. I think I'll probably take that route.

Last edited:

AidanBell

Jul 3, 2009
Anyone who followed this thread may be interested to know that I've discovered the cause of my one-way-calls-only problem. I have the app "Sanity" installed which I use for recording phone calls. Despite popular belief to the contrary, it records calls very well and both parties can be easily heard. However, when I disabled the call record function of the programme my one-way calls problem stopped immediately.

serenith

Dec 7, 2010
Anyone who followed this thread may be interested to know that I've discovered the cause of my one-way-calls-only problem. I have the app "Sanity" installed which I use for recording phone calls. Despite popular belief to the contrary, it records calls very well and both parties can be easily heard. However, when I disabled the call record function of the programme my one-way calls problem stopped immediately.

+1

Same problem, different app (Auto voice recorder I think). Uninstalling solved my problem, thanks !