[Completed] Help - Multiple things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

FluzzyWuzzy

Jun 4, 2014
Okay first i want to say this: im sorry if im posting in the wrong part of the forums about this if someone could move it to the right part that would be great!

Help: Okay so resently I have attempted to root my Samsung galaxy player (Looks like this: Link coming soon due to the forum spam blocker) (Model: YP-GI1CB/XAA) and i used a post by "zebluk" (again link coming soon) and i need some help, the samsung now will not boot it stops at a black screen that says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." is there any way to fix this? Also, it will not connect to my laptop via USB what so ever. so basicaly in most simple terms, I was stupid and got the Samsung bricked, and i need help un-bricking it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Darth

Hi!

So, first thing is getting Odin to see your device. I found this, for getting into download mode..

1) device off, unplug USB, pull out/reseat battery to try to clear possible bugginess in firmware.
2) home + volume down + power (press in order and hold). Takes about 3 seconds. Displays the following.

Unless you can get your PC to see the device, there's nothing you can do. Try installing the drivers again on the PC.

This is the thread you said you used...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1884071

You need to be absolutely sure you are downloading the proper firmware for your device. Very sure.

All you can do is try it again...as outlined in the above thread.

If all that fails, ask your question here.... http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-player/help

That will get people who know your device best involved and get your post count up so you can post links and post in the development threads. ;)

Good luck! ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

FluzzyWuzzy

Jun 4, 2014
Hi!

So, first thing is getting Odin to see your device. I found this, for getting into download mode..

1) device off, unplug USB, pull out/reseat battery to try to clear possible bugginess in firmware.
2) home + volume down + power (press in order and hold). Takes about 3 seconds. Displays the following.

Unless you can get your PC to see the device, there's nothing you can do. Try installing the drivers again on the PC.

This is the thread you said you used...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1884071

You need to be absolutely sure you are downloading the proper firmware for your device. Very sure.

All you can do is try it again...as outlined in the above thread.

If all that fails, ask your question here.... http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-player/help

That will get people who know your device best involved and get your post count up so you can post links and post in the development threads. ;)

Good luck! ?

Thanks for the fast reply, but i cant seem to get it to connect to my laptop is there anything that i could try to get it to connect?

D

Darth

Thanks for the fast reply, but i cant seem to get it to connect to my laptop is there anything that i could try to get it to connect?

You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Samsung drivers. And again...in download mode...see if Odin sees it. Also check device manager in windows. Look for a "!" And see if it is there and what its called.

And again, try asking in the question and answer thread I posted above. The members in that area know your device best. They're going to be your best resource here. ;)

D

Darth

Hi! I've been reminded by a colleague that odin won't see your phone when kies is installed. Try uninstalling it and using Odin.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Kies just needs to NOT be running. Shut it it down and try. If not, then try uninstalling kies.

Just a tip. ;)

Last edited:

jackeagle

Sr. Mod + Mod / Dev Committee / Rec. Dev / Dev Rel
Staff member
Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Remix OS
Elocity A7
Just kill Kies in task manager there will 2 software running at background which are kies driven just kill it in Task Manager and you are good to go...:) :D
@KJ its Correct...:D:D:D :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.