Battery Replacement Recommendations

Search This thread

whatagonad

Jun 22, 2010
This thing looks reasonably easy to replace the battery.My Mrs who has this phone is complaining about the battery life in her phone. I've seen a few larger capacity batteries which sound like a good idea but I guess there are lots of rubbish ones out there. Any experiences out there?

crashoverride2786

Dec 28, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus Nord
Highly not recommended to use any other batteries than OEM / Sony. And there a lot of cheap batteries out there which claim to have 2000-2500ma. Also it is not that easy to remove the battery. I have an Acro S and it is sealed tight! :(

Dr Goodvibes

Dec 8, 2011
Xperia LT26 Replacment Battery

Firstly, any non-OEM replacement battery for most early Sony Android phones(those I have tested) do not report temperature.
This is not good for a phone that can often run at high temperatures and where apps/system rely on battery temperature for system controls.
Mugen Power has also confirmed to me that their Sony replacement batteries do not provide temperature to the system controls.

You can replace the battery in the Sony Xperia S, but you do need to take some care, that no ribbon cables are damaged in doing so.
The Xperia S is not water resident and doesn't have any 'seals' to contend with when gaining access to the battery.

I have tested a 'cheap' PISEN BA800 1700mAh battery in an Xperia S and it gave comparable performance to the original BA800 1700mAh battery. The overall long term life of the battery could be another story.

There are many replacement batteries for the Xperia S, but I'd stay will clear of any battery claiming 2000mAh and above.
They're cheap for a reason.

I have long speculated (but never tested) that the Mugen Power BA800 1800mAh battery for the Xperia V (LT25) would work in an Xperia S (LT26).
Please do your own research on this, before any purchase.

I would only recommend an original Sony BA800 replacement battery for the Xperia S (LT26).

Reactions: brayansanchez18

kilk3nny

Mar 6, 2012
Milano
I have friends who tried to change battery (not on XperiaS) and someone had a fine feedback. But other had many many many problems with temperature, indication on phone and one exploded!!!
Many times i thought to change my battery too, but I don't really trusted to put this change. If you try, please write your feedback!! :good::laugh:

DekinGBar

Aug 26, 2012
Vienna
So what do you recommend guys?I really really need a battery,like ASAP!So if someone could please give me an idea of what to search for,or instead gives me a link or something,I would really appreciate it!Thanks!

AnrgKrshn

Sep 7, 2012
Hyderabad
MPJ has a 2500 mah battery for the xs. It seems to have only positive reviews. I don't know how they managed to squeeze in 2500 mah in the same dimensions as our 1750 unit....

Bonator

Jun 17, 2014
Hey everbody!

This is my first post on xda ever! :D I'm currently into that topic... I tested one battery a few days ago claiming to have 2680mah capacity! It says something like Gold battery bla bla... Well I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS BATTERY! It has nowhere near that capacity... It is even worse than the original... Right now I have another one from a company called "extremecells". They are making a promise on their homepage saying that if you find another battery of the same size with more real capacity than theirs, they would give you 100€! And that counts for all of their batteries... Well I ordered one 1750mah BA800 battery which I use right now and it is already much much better than the one before... I ordered another one from a site called batteryupgrade.com (or. org or something). There is a battery from Max Power claiming to contain 2100mah! That one is still on its way to me... I will keep you updated on that one when it arrives!

For now I can recommend the battery from extremecells!

Greetz

Reactions: LSDWolf
So what do you recommend guys?I really really need a battery,like ASAP!So if someone could please give me an idea of what to search for,or instead gives me a link or something,I would really appreciate it!Thanks!

i replaced my SL's battery(i believe the model as written on the battery itself is: SP50KERA10) with a OEM BA800 & it's OK so far. No better than the original but not worse either. But I did that cuz I couldnt find an exact repalcement for this in my country. If its the same in your case then u cud try it out.

Bonator

Jun 17, 2014
There is a battery from Max Power claiming to contain 2100mah! That one is still on its way to me... I will keep you updated on that one when it arrives!

I tested the battery and just like the other gold one it's garbage. Both fall from around 35% to 1% and then the phone shuts down and the batteries are empty... I put the original back in and downloaded an app called advanced bttery calibrator... it calibrates the battery and then shuts the phone down and wants you to load the battery to 100% while the phone is off... well somehow my phone boots up by itself after a short while... (like 10 minutes). My XS runs Carbon ROM Beta 9 now but had the same problem with cm10 FXP before... I try to go back to stock sony UI now and then I will see if the problem is still there... then I'll keep testing batteries again ;)

Still recommend the extremecells battery or the original

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
The Xperia S I have is from autumn 2012 and I wonder if someone can make a prediction out of experience how much more battery time one would gain, when a new (original) battery is inserted after all this time of use. I would be satisfied to just have an opinion like
1) you will not have a substantial improvement
2) phone will run longer but only up to 25% more
3) there will be a huge positive effect (like 50% or more)

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
Another question I have is why I find two original BA800 battery types:
  1. Sony Ericsson 1750mAh
  2. Sony 1700mAh
See attached images. Which one is considered better and are they both original?

Attachments

• 9sqrg857a467.jpg
    9sqrg857a467.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 255
  • bateria-original-sony-sp50kera10-ba800-blister-1.jpg
    bateria-original-sony-sp50kera10-ba800-blister-1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 269

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
My Xperia S (or probably his original battery) is now totally dead. I need to decide if ordering a new battery is worth a try. The original battery is labeled:
SonyEricsson 1253-5636.1 12W17
SP50KERA10
S/N 116...SWSGNS
min. 1700mAh 6.3Wh

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
My Xperia S (or probably his original battery) is now totally dead. I need to decide if ordering a new battery is worth a try. The original battery is labeled:
SonyEricsson 1253-5636.1 12W17
SP50KERA10
S/N 116...SWSGNS
min. 1700mAh 6.3Wh

If You are from India,I got this battery, it seems to be working fine and lasts nearly a day, as it runs on Lollipop ROM's now. Maybe it will last more on stock ROM. You can use coupons to reduce the price.

farrokh19

May 8, 2013
The Xperia S I have is from autumn 2012 and I wonder if someone can make a prediction out of experience how much more battery time one would gain, when a new (original) battery is inserted after all this time of use. I would be satisfied to just have an opinion like
1) you will not have a substantial improvement
2) phone will run longer but only up to 25% more
3) there will be a huge positive effect (like 50% or more)

I changed the battery of my xperia S few weeks ago after 3 years. The battery life is really improved. I don't able to say the percent value, but before the substitution I will arrive at the evening without battery; now instead i have always 40 % of battery as minimum value.
I also use the phone more respect before beacuse I know that I arrive in any case at the evening so i think that my old battery was really worn!

kkhaskarali

May 8, 2014
Motherboard

Any body can help me
Kindly send me a full high resolution picture of xperia s lt 26i motherhood
Thanks

Martin281cz

Sep 29, 2017
Anyone tried MPJ 2500 mah battery for xperia s ? How is its backup in xs

Well, I don´t know if the Xperia S uses BA900 battery, I have bought the 2500mAh MPJ battery for my Xperia M (BA900 replacement) and the real capacity is approx 2000-2100mAh (20% better than the stock 1700mAh BA900 battery), so I think for Xperia S it would be the same. I have read in most forums, that MPJ are one of the few manufacturers that really have better capacity than stock batteries, but the real capacity improvement is only about 15-20% above the stock batteries, depending on the type.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xperia LT26 Replacment Battery

Firstly, any non-OEM replacement battery for most early Sony Android phones(those I have tested) do not report temperature.
    This is not good for a phone that can often run at high temperatures and where apps/system rely on battery temperature for system controls.
    Mugen Power has also confirmed to me that their Sony replacement batteries do not provide temperature to the system controls.

You can replace the battery in the Sony Xperia S, but you do need to take some care, that no ribbon cables are damaged in doing so.
    The Xperia S is not water resident and doesn't have any 'seals' to contend with when gaining access to the battery.

I have tested a 'cheap' PISEN BA800 1700mAh battery in an Xperia S and it gave comparable performance to the original BA800 1700mAh battery. The overall long term life of the battery could be another story.

There are many replacement batteries for the Xperia S, but I'd stay will clear of any battery claiming 2000mAh and above.
    They're cheap for a reason.

I have long speculated (but never tested) that the Mugen Power BA800 1800mAh battery for the Xperia V (LT25) would work in an Xperia S (LT26).
    Please do your own research on this, before any purchase.

I would only recommend an original Sony BA800 replacement battery for the Xperia S (LT26).
    Hey everbody!

This is my first post on xda ever! :D I'm currently into that topic... I tested one battery a few days ago claiming to have 2680mah capacity! It says something like Gold battery bla bla... Well I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS BATTERY! It has nowhere near that capacity... It is even worse than the original... Right now I have another one from a company called "extremecells". They are making a promise on their homepage saying that if you find another battery of the same size with more real capacity than theirs, they would give you 100€! And that counts for all of their batteries... Well I ordered one 1750mah BA800 battery which I use right now and it is already much much better than the one before... I ordered another one from a site called batteryupgrade.com (or. org or something). There is a battery from Max Power claiming to contain 2100mah! That one is still on its way to me... I will keep you updated on that one when it arrives!

For now I can recommend the battery from extremecells!

Greetz