[Completed] LG Enact is a bit... well, silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Hazarath

Nov 16, 2012
So, wanted a keyboard-based phone, and I found one. I love how it feels, and how it operates, less three minor things. Well, kinda major, really.

Firstly, I have a overly-aggressive correction thingy when I type. My last phone would, say, if I type 'Haha' and it replaces it with 'Here', all I have to do is touch the backspace once, and it would correct itself, and restore the 'Haha' back, and I just touch space, and keep on typing.

This thing is evil. Instead of letting me, for instance type 'here', it would replace it automaticly with 'he're'. [Is that even a word?] It would -not- correct in the method I described above. I would -have- to go to setting>Input>Dictionaries>Add a word thingy to get it to keep 'here'.

The main thing I need to accomplish is making it so the replacing 'aggression', I would assume, is toned down. I know I could simply disable it, and all, but, I sometimes need the extra help, haha.

That's the first issue.

The second one, is that right by the 'A' button on the keyboard, there is a key that's a shortcut to this 'QuickMemo' uselessness. I have to hit back, and then resume typing, hopefully not hitting the button again. [And I say this, 'cause I have hit it a few times in one reply. x.x]

And, finally, when I get an SMS reply, it likes to show an IM-like window over whatever it is I am doing. It's more of just a minor thing that I -could- live with, assuming the other two issues could be resolved.

Any help would be appreciated!

-Haz

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lennymize

Hazarath

Nov 16, 2012
Hi,

I'm sorry but we haven't thread for your LG model.
I have two suggesrtions:

1st => Go to General discussion > Questions and Answers and post your request.

2st => try to change your keyboard apk - you can try Swiftkey or Swipe. and stop to use your native keyboard ;)

Good luck

..you want me to not use my physical keyboard? Sorry, just trying to make sure I am understanding what you are recommending.

Hazarath

Nov 16, 2012
Do you use Auto-correct on your keyboard,?
If yes, simply turn-off ;)

Suggestion from one of my colleague XDA Team Assist @PulseDroid

I appreciate the reply, and your time you took into your post, however, I am trying to find an alternative to that. Again, I sometimes am not the best typer, so, I need some help sometimes.

I will, however, post on the forum as suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, wanted a keyboard-based phone, and I found one. I love how it feels, and how it operates, less three minor things. Well, kinda major, really.

Firstly, I have a overly-aggressive correction thingy when I type. My last phone would, say, if I type 'Haha' and it replaces it with 'Here', all I have to do is touch the backspace once, and it would correct itself, and restore the 'Haha' back, and I just touch space, and keep on typing.

This thing is evil. Instead of letting me, for instance type 'here', it would replace it automaticly with 'he're'. [Is that even a word?] It would -not- correct in the method I described above. I would -have- to go to setting>Input>Dictionaries>Add a word thingy to get it to keep 'here'.

The main thing I need to accomplish is making it so the replacing 'aggression', I would assume, is toned down. I know I could simply disable it, and all, but, I sometimes need the extra help, haha.

That's the first issue.

The second one, is that right by the 'A' button on the keyboard, there is a key that's a shortcut to this 'QuickMemo' uselessness. I have to hit back, and then resume typing, hopefully not hitting the button again. [And I say this, 'cause I have hit it a few times in one reply. x.x]

And, finally, when I get an SMS reply, it likes to show an IM-like window over whatever it is I am doing. It's more of just a minor thing that I -could- live with, assuming the other two issues could be resolved.

Any help would be appreciated!

-Haz