[DEV][Recovery] Two new recovery images || ROM devs please take note.

Search This thread

HCDR.Jacob

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2010
Gateshead
Hello,

I have compiled two new recovery images for us from source.

ClockworkMod
The first one is ClockworkMod v3.0.0.5, based on the new Gingerbread sources. It is NOT an official ClockworkMod build and is NOT perfect. Do not bother koush about it, he will ignore you.
This recovery has a new font suited for our low resolution screen, and features orange text, as well as some nice new features. It's generally an improvement over the old ClockworkMod we have.

Download ClockworkMod v3.0.0.5

Amon_RA
I have also compiled us Amon_RA recovery based on his v2.0.0 sources. Again this is neither official nor perfect. Don't bother Amon_RA, he will probably ignore you too.

Download Amon_RA recovery here.

General info:
Both recoveries are reported to have bugs with sd-ext mounting, but other than that they seem to work okay.

Devs: It is worth noting that ClockworkMod 3.x only supports installing ROMs using Edify, (i.e. updater-script and binary), and not Amend (update-script). This is because Google actually got rid of Amend in cupcake. This DOES break installation of Sense ROMs, and so I advise devs to try out this recovery and try to move to the Edify method. Everybody else, be patient in the meantime.

You can flash either recovery using unrevoked (select custom recovery image), or using fastboot when we get S-OFF from AlphaRev (still waiting :cool:)

Feel free to contact me if you are having trouble, but I will probably only help you out if you are a dev (for now anyway). :)

Have fun :)

Last edited:

bpye

Oct 8, 2010
Rocking Clockwork although I might try amon_ra, never had it before. Can't wait for alpharev, it'll make it SO much easier.

f0xy

Aug 23, 2010
Manchester
ClockworkMod
The first one is ClockworkMod v3.0.0.5, based on the new Gingerbread sources. It is NOT an official ClockworkMod build and is NOT perfect. Do not bother koush about it, he will ignore you.
This recovery has a new font suited for our low resolution screen, and features orange text, as well as some nice new features. It's generally an improvement over the old ClockworkMod we have.

Not to bother you jacob! But do you know of anything that isn't perfect?

Thanks pal

bpye

Oct 8, 2010
I know I'm not Jacob but I think the sd-ext stuff isn't working, don't take my word for it though.

pl0ppy

Oct 12, 2010
Sweet. I'm on Amon Ra. Can u flash recovery without unrevoked cuz it breaks superuser app. Ans I can't flash clockwork in unrevoked, says firmware is too new.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

patrask

Sep 29, 2010
I think that flash_image will do it in your terminal.

nunosilva10

Nov 18, 2010
porto
I can't install amon_ra recovery, in unrevoked give me allways this message at the end : "Error: failed to get root. Is your firmware too new ?"
Any idea of what it is ??

EDIT: Problem solved ;) Now with amon_ra recovery, thank you jacob.

Last edited:

Sonny96

Oct 26, 2010
How i flash a recovery? I only get a .txt file...

patrask

Sep 29, 2010
Sweet. I'm on Amon Ra. Can u flash recovery without unrevoked cuz it breaks superuser app. Ans I can't flash clockwork in unrevoked, says firmware is too new.

You can (if you have'nt already understand that) with the help of ROM manager install SU again and that would probably fix your problem with superuser app.

mr. VoLT

Sep 9, 2010
Huge Success! :)
Thx Jacob!
devicer.png

Last edited:

dem012

Mar 7, 2009
i try to root wildfire with unrevoked give firmware is to new. then select custom image and the the image recovery not make nothing what is wrong?

Last edited:

NickHu

Oct 13, 2010
Rugby
I can't flash the recovery, it says "no custom recovery image" or something like that, but i have the recovery.img on my sd card

Why does anyone bother helping idiots like you? Raging and laughing is way more fun.

In Unrevoked, you specify the custom recovery (recovery.img) with CTRL+R or File -> Custom Recovery. You don't put it on the SD card, you stupid moron.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I have compiled two new recovery images for us from source.

ClockworkMod

Download ClockworkMod v3.0.0.5

Amon_RA
    I have also compiled us Amon_RA recovery based on his v2.0.0 sources. Again this is neither official nor perfect. Don't bother Amon_RA, he will probably ignore you too.

Download Amon_RA recovery here.

General info:
    Both recoveries are reported to have bugs with sd-ext mounting, but other than that they seem to work okay.

Devs: It is worth noting that ClockworkMod 3.x only supports installing ROMs using Edify, (i.e. updater-script and binary), and not Amend (update-script). This is because Google actually got rid of Amend in cupcake. This DOES break installation of Sense ROMs, and so I advise devs to try out this recovery and try to move to the Edify method. Everybody else, be patient in the meantime.

You can flash either recovery using unrevoked (select custom recovery image), or using fastboot when we get S-OFF from AlphaRev (still waiting :cool:)

Feel free to contact me if you are having trouble, but I will probably only help you out if you are a dev (for now anyway). :)

Have fun :)
    Hello,
    what for a rom version can i use to downgrade and then install the new recovery?

Download this http://shipped-roms.com/download.ph...3.55.24H_3.35.19.25_release_151892_signed.exe Its a oficial htc rom version 2.1 Eclair so it can be easily rooted. Run from your computer and folow instruction. Then run unrevoked and root.
    Edit: as you can probably see you will get old radio. When you root download new radio and flash it. You can find it in wildpuzlle thread. If u cant find it pm me i will send u link

Well done.

you always can flash recovery by fastboot

It seems he could not do that about 6 months ago, because there was no AlphaRevX 6 months ago. You just bumped and ancient thread. Well done. *insert clapping here*